Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #61
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Here I am again. We have not done much planning, because I have been pretty busy lately. Plus there is the fact that pricing doesn't even come out for a bit yet. We will be going to Williamsburg in less than a month. After that trip, I will likely get more on my Disney trip planning!!! I wish it were this November and not next. But it is getting here slowly but surely.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #62
mobtown7
Earning My Ears

Talking

Planning for June 2013, can hardly wait!!!

mobtown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #63
hsmamainva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitadisneyfan View Post
Planning our May 2013 trip.
Same here!

We're looking at May 10-19 and planning on attending our first Star Wars Weekend!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

February 2011 (OL) - March 2012 (WH) - May 2013 (WH) - May 2014 (AOA) - August 2014 (AOA)

hsmamainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #64
Kitkat6595
Mouseketeer

We are planning for 2013, but I just can't decide when we will go. I just thought about going in late February for my birthday and wonder what pricing is like at the resorts during that time. I can't get prices online yet, grr. Guess I should call!

Previous Trips
May 1987 - off-site
March 1996 - off-site
March 2003 - off-site
June 2013 - off-site, Windsor Hills
Kitkat6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #65
nvsnot
Mouseketeer

Planning our 2nd Disney World vacation :

My mother, daughter, and I are going May 1 - May 10, 2013. We are currently booked for a "room-only" reservation at Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Guest Room ! I am uber excited!!!

June 7-14, 2011 TH Villas
nvsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #66
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Planning our families second visit!!! We are hoping for June 9th-23rd, 2013! It seems like forever away!
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #67
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Planning our families second visit!!! We are hoping for June 9th-23rd, 2013! It seems like forever away!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #68
Goofy'slady
Life is short so I save for Disney trips and Coach purses!

Add us to the 2013 list. My oldest daughter has been dying to get back to what she calls her normal Disney vacation since 2010 when my now exhusband decided 2 days into our 2week trip to tell me he wanted a divorce - needless to say my girls and I flew outta there without him the next day. So our magical trip was ruined. Last year he attempted to make it up to our girls by taking them back to Florida (noticed I said FL and not Disney) he told them they were going to do a few Disney things but also some other things they hadn't experienced in past trips to Florida. My oldest was excited but her bubble was burst when he picked up his new internet girlfriend on the way down without telling them (or meeting her prior to the trip himself) and only doing MK and nothing else. She called home to say all their trip consisted of was going to the Walmart, Publix and pretty much nothing else. Her words were and I quote "that was the worst vacation I've ever been on and I missed a week of school to go and all this playing catch up in school it was soooo not worth it".

I'm making it up to the pair of them by taking them back to their beloved Coronado Springs Resort with all the bells and whisles they missed out over the years. They know they'll be going next year but not when. I've decided on spring break so that no school time or required catching up will be necessary. Busy time but with all of the trips we've done in the past we know the do's and don'ts and how to make the best of the park times.

2013 Spring Break here we come!

Me, BF, DD14, DD7
Goofy'slady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #69
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy'slady View Post
Add us to the 2013 list. My oldest daughter has been dying to get back to what she calls her normal Disney vacation since 2010 when my now exhusband decided 2 days into our 2week trip to tell me he wanted a divorce - needless to say my girls and I flew outta there without him the next day. So our magical trip was ruined. Last year he attempted to make it up to our girls by taking them back to Florida (noticed I said FL and not Disney) he told them they were going to do a few Disney things but also some other things they hadn't experienced in past trips to Florida. My oldest was excited but her bubble was burst when he picked up his new internet girlfriend on the way down without telling them (or meeting her prior to the trip himself) and only doing MK and nothing else. She called home to say all their trip consisted of was going to the Walmart, Publix and pretty much nothing else. Her words were and I quote "that was the worst vacation I've ever been on and I missed a week of school to go and all this playing catch up in school it was soooo not worth it".

I'm making it up to the pair of them by taking them back to their beloved Coronado Springs Resort with all the bells and whisles they missed out over the years. They know they'll be going next year but not when. I've decided on spring break so that no school time or required catching up will be necessary. Busy time but with all of the trips we've done in the past we know the do's and don'ts and how to make the best of the park times.

What a jerk...but I would've not left...Iwould've been sure to have a great time spending as much of his money as I could. Ok, I might be evil
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #70
Butler_chic07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy'slady

That's horrific and what's worse is I can completely relate to your family. My father did something similar-I could go on an on! anyways...

So excited for you and your girls!! I hope it brings all of the magic you all deserve!

And Disney will be even more special for you and your girls now because you will get to enjoy each other without him! Make those memories!!

March 5th - 13th, 2010 CSR, Engagement Celebration
January 9th-14th, 2011 All-Star Sports, Wedding Planning Session Trip!
June 17th - 24th, 2011 Off-site timeshare, AKL, and POP Century, Wedding Trip & Honeymoon Part 1!
July 18th - 27th, 2012, All-Star Sports, "Delayed" 1st Anniversary Trip & Best Friend's Wedding
November 27 - December 1, 2013, All-Star Movies, Old Spice Classic (For the love of basketball)
June 14th - 16th, 2014 CBR
June 22nd - 23rd, 2014 Art of Animation

Finally a proud DVC owner at AKL

June 16th-22nd, 2014 AKL Jambo, Anniversary Trip, 1st Trip as DVC Owners

Officially Married my Prince in WDW on June 20, 2011
Butler_chic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #72
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
2013 packages will be released July 11.

oh mi --im excited. Does Disney do group rates for families with multiple rooms?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #73
lilpig
Mouseketeer

July 11!!! I am so excited!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #74
LMCmom25kids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a jerk...but I would've not left...Iwould've been sure to have a great time spending as much of his money as I could. Ok, I might be evil
Don't know how old the "kids" were when the "jerk" decided that WDW was the appropriate place to tell his wife he wanted a divorce... but I agree. Sure wish the mom would not have taken the girls and left. You can't take that back. Bad memories.... It would have been soooo much better if she would have "played" like everything was fine and spent, spent, spent along the way going about the rest of the vacation as if nothing was wrong....just for the sake of the kids. Or, perhaps these we high school kids and they all saw if coming....if so, I may have done the same thing!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #75
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! Planning a trip to the Mouse for DBF (34-will be 35 at time of trip) and myself (29...will reluctantly be 30 at time of trip). We are heading to Orlando May 6, arriving at 12:46 pm. We will be in Orlando until May 11, and we leave that morning for Port Canaveral and our cruise on the Carnival Dream!

This is DBF's first vacation to Florida, and his first cruise. I have been to Florida twice (and when I say "Florida", I mean Disney and Universal haha), once as a child, and then about 6 years ago. I am very excited to show him the World, because I love it, and Universal, because he is a huge fan of anything superhero/comic book related.

So far, we have our cruise and our flights booked. Waiting on the 2013 WDW packages to be released (only 2 more days! ) to book the hotel. We have our heart set on Pop Century, so here's hoping the prices work out. Given that we don't want to rent a car, I think Pop will end up being the same price as a cheaper rental, considering the extra transportation costs if we stay offsite. Can't wait to be officially booked!

I have a loose touring plan at this point. I know I want to do MK on the first day, because by the time we get to the resort, get checked in and have lunch, we won't get to a park until about 4:00. So I figured it would be nice to just leisurely go through MK, show DBF the park, watch the fireworks and electric parade, meet some characters, and maybe ride a couple of rides.

I also know that I want another day at MK, where we will do rope drop, leave around lunchtime, spend some time in the pool, get dinner, then return to the evening ad do more rides while others are watching parades and fireworks.

We are planning on a day each (or a 2 day-2 park pass) at US and IOA. Since those parks appear to close at 7 or 8 pm, we can have nice relaxing evenings by the pool or DTD on those evenings.

That leaves one full day, and we would like to visit the Outlet Stores at Lake Buena Vista. I would be content to just make it a pool and shop day, and I think DBF feels the same way, but we are still debating on whether we should do another Disney park, and if so, which one: EPCOT, DHS or AK. We figure if we do DHS or AK that could be done by early afternoon which will leave time for shopping, but that EPOCT would take the full day.

How is everyone else's planning going?

AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: