Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Itinerary Day 3 - Lights Camera Action

This day we'll be attending my favourite park: Hollywood Studios

Since I first entered the then MGM Studios, I knew off the bat that this would be my park of choice for life. I'm a huge movie and TV buff so I was definitely in my zone!

There's no EMH that morning at HS, so we'll be able to rise a little later.

First things first this morning - breakfast at the resorts food court once again. Good thing the value resorts have a plethora of food choices cause breakfast 7 days in a row at the same place can be irritating.

Then its off to the park aiming to be at the gate by 8:30 before the turnstiles are open.

Must do attractions for us this day are:

Toy Story Mid Way Mania (RD FP and stand by line at least once)
Rock N Roller Coaster (FP. I'll be riding solo, cause thrill rides aren't for mom)
Star Tours (FP.)
Beauty and the Beast Live
American Idol Experience (more than once, would be nice)
The Great Movie Ride
Muppet Vision 3D
Voyage of The Little Mermaid

Still debating on if I want to ride Tower of Terror solo (mom definitely won't go anywhere near this one), and if we really want to see Lights Motors Action again.

At some point during the day I'll have to get a PB/J shake from 50'sPT. I love love love love them!

Also, we've never seen the Pixar Pals Countdown Parade, and while I've read many reviews that it's not worth the time (8-10mins), I would like to check it out and form an opinion myself. I love many of the Pixar characters so it'll be nice to see them together . The parade is at 3pm and should be over no later than 3:15, which will give us time to hit one more attraction either by FP or a short to medium stand by line and then we're off to the Magic Kingdom (no later than 4:45pm)!

We have our ADR for Crystal Palace at 6:20pm. We haven't eaten here for years so we're looking forward to giving it a go again. Also looking forward to a couple of great photo ops with Pooh and friends.

Depending on what time we get out of the restaurant (probably 8), we'll have time to hit a couple attractions before getting a bus back to ASMo for the night.
Aug 1984 - Off Property Aug 1988 - Off Property June 1990 - Off Property Aug 1992 - Port Orleans July 1994 - All Star Sports Sept 1997 - All Star Sports July 1999 - Caribbean Beach (Family Reunion) Dec 2000 - All Star Music (Christmas) May 2002 - Port Orleans Feb 2009 - Pop Century Sept 2011 - Pop Century w/QSDP Sept 2012 - All Star Movies w/DP (Mother Daughter Trip) Jan 2013 - All Star Movies w/QSDP (Mother Daughter Trip 2) Oct 2013 Pop Century w/DP (F&W & MNSSHP) Nov 2014 - All Star Sports w/DP (F&W, MNSSHP & MVMCP)
Old 06-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Hollywood Studios is one of my favorite parks as well. I think a lot of people shop for stuff before their vacations. I know I do. I need to get some new summer clothes and some new sandals for our trip in October. The bag you got has a really awesome pattern on it!

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Itinerary Day 4 - Bugs, Dinosaurs and a Yeti

For our Wednesday we're making it a day at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

While this is my least favourite park, there are some pretty amazing attractions here that I definitely never want to miss:

Expedition Everest (FP at least once)
It's Tough to be a Bug
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo: The Musical

We'll be grabbing an early lunch at Flame Tree (delicious) so as not to interfere with our appetites when dinner time rolls around. Also, I've got to have a jalapeno cheese pretzel every time I'm at the Animal Kingdom.

Now I usually find it hard to make an entire day out of Animal Kingdom, but we're going to have to in order to have the least amount of commute time to make it to our dining reservation at Animal Kingdom Lodge's Sanaa at 5:30pm. We can always head over to Kidani Village early to check it out, cause we've never been to either of the villas there before.

One thing I would definitely love to check out this year is Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade, cause I haven't seen it in a few years. So seeing how the parade is at 3:45, we will more than make our dinner reservation without any time to spare.

It'll be an early night for us, unless we decide (on our commute from AKL to DTD to ASMo) to go browsing yet again at the Downtown shops!
Aug 1984 - Off Property Aug 1988 - Off Property June 1990 - Off Property Aug 1992 - Port Orleans July 1994 - All Star Sports Sept 1997 - All Star Sports July 1999 - Caribbean Beach (Family Reunion) Dec 2000 - All Star Music (Christmas) May 2002 - Port Orleans Feb 2009 - Pop Century Sept 2011 - Pop Century w/QSDP Sept 2012 - All Star Movies w/DP (Mother Daughter Trip) Jan 2013 - All Star Movies w/QSDP (Mother Daughter Trip 2) Oct 2013 Pop Century w/DP (F&W & MNSSHP) Nov 2014 - All Star Sports w/DP (F&W, MNSSHP & MVMCP)
Old 07-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Keeping Organized

As much help as a spreadsheet is for keeping a Disney World trip organized, I like to keep hard copies of all confirmations together in one place. This year I opted for a black 10 pocket folder that I made a cover for last night.

In here is where I have all my dining reservations, trip confirmation numbers and details as well as flight details. As per usual, I will be bringing this along with us to Florida, just in case. I always feel better knowing that I have every piece of important information with me.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
midwesternbelle
Midwestern Princess meets Southern Belle

Awesome PTR! Looking forward to more! Love the way you organized your trip!

Ariel (Me) Mom Dad Derek
5 Trips To The World (And Counting):
2000 [Disney Institute] ~ 2006 [Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge] ~ 2008 [Downtown Disney Hilton] ~ 2011 [Old Key West Villas] ~ 2012 [Coranado Springs] ~ 2012 [Wilderness Lodge]
2012 Holiday Trip Report:
TR:NOT ONE MORE BITE: A trip of magically deluxe proPORTIONS!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #21
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesternbelle View Post
Awesome PTR! Looking forward to more! Love the way you organized your trip!
Why, thank you very much I love the way I've organized my trip too! I couldn't imagine going to Disney World and not being organized and having an itinerary. Having a plan in a place that big, is absolutely necessary in my opinion!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #22
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

My mother and I had a Mother daughter trip, Memories I will have for life <3 I'm all over this TR, and can't wait to read more. your organization is amazing! im in envy!

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
Old 07-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Disney Pins and Mickey Bling

I've mentioned countless times my love (and if I didn't mention it before, mom loves it too) of [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]shopping[/COLOR]and what better place to shop for things than The World. Of course, shopping at WDW isn't like shopping elsewhere (in my opinion at least).

At home when I'm out and about shopping I tend to mostly focus on clothing and shoes and the occasional thing for the home. When I'm at the World I want to buy everything - mugs, blankets, pens, souvenir food containers, key chains, shot glasses and of course clothing and shoes.

These are my Mickey earrings that I bought a few years back and now wear each time we go to Disney World. For me, they add that little bit of Mickey without being too over the top.

I also wear my plastic Mickey bracelet each trip. I LOVE this bracelet to pieces, but have now discovered that the Chamilia Charms sold at the parks can fit my Pandora Bracelet (just got one this past Christmas, so its pretty bare). Am very excited to purchase a Disney charm or two for my Pandora. I know I don't have to buy it at the parks, but its just more fun that way.

Another big item for me when I'm out in the parks are PINS. I don't necessarily own a ton - 50 or so, but I love getting new ones. I'm picky about which I buy, and I don't trade in the parks anymore due to fear of getting fakes. I also don't bring ALL my pins with me each trip. The two that have made the trip the past few years have been my LOVE pin and my Canada Mickey Head pin. These two are my favourites.

NEXT FEW POSTS WILL BE: Itinerary Days 5, 6 and 7, In depth look at ADR choices, more Disney merchandise.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #24
11point5
Mouseketeer

Great PTR so far!! I love that Canada Mickey pin!! I need to find myself one of those for sure
April 2000 - (POFQ) Second Daddy-Daughter Trip!
April 2007 - (AS Sports) High School Band Trip!
October 2012 - (ASMu) DBF's First Trip AND Our 3 Year Dating Anniversary!
February 2014 - (POR) Glass Slipper Challenge Trip!
March 2015 to March 2016 - Canadian Pavilion Cultural Rep Program!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #25
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11point5 View Post
Great PTR so far!! I love that Canada Mickey pin!! I need to find myself one of those for sure
Thank you so much!

I LOVE my Mickey head Canada pin. I wish there were other Canada-esque pins. Maybe there will be, will have to check that out at EPCOT when we're there. I would love another one to add to my collection.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #26
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Itinerary Day 5 - The Future, The World & Cat Cora

We've planned for Epcot for this day starting with morning EMH.

Epcot is by far mom's favourite park, actually World Showcase is really her thing, she could do without most of the attractions in Future World.

Since Test Track is going to be under refurbishment when we're therewe'll definitely need to haul you know what over to Soarin' first thing in the morning to secure our Fast Passes for later that day.

Must do Future World attractions:

-Soarin'
-The Seas With Nemo & Friends
-Turtle Talk with Crush (I love the interaction with the kids, so funny)
-Spaceship Earth
-Captain EO (I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan)
-Journey Into Imagination

It's still up in the air if I'm going to Mission Space, mom definitely won't even give it a try so I'll decide day of if I want to ride it solo - most probably not. We can definitely skip Ellen's Energy Adventure unless we feel the need to take a nap in a cool place . Also undecided about Living With The Land, while many people love it - I'm not at all excited about seeing the vegetables and fruit grow. I've been through the attraction many times, and while slightly interesting, it just never does anything for me. So depending on the length of the line, we'll decide day of. One attraction I've never been to in my many visits is the Circle of Life in The Land Pavilion, so going to definitely give that a go this trip.

For an early lunch it's definitely Sunshine Seasons for us, to split a CS credit over those really large chicken entrees that they serve. Delicious

For World Showcase we like to grab a cocktail at each country until we feel we've reached our maximum alcohol intake for the day

Also if, the new Agent P World Showcase thing is up and running, would like to give that a go as we really enjoyed the Kim Possible one they had.

We start World Showcase by going left and begin with Mexico. If the line is decent for The Gran Fiesta Tour we'll give that a go - if we have to miss it, we'll live.

The only really must do attraction for us in World Showcase is Maelstrom in Norway. A simple attraction, but I really love it.

We haven't seen the American Adventure since I was a kid, so we're going to give that a try this trip as well.

We'll continue around the countries browsing the shops, catching any of the "street entertainment" we come across and drinking cocktails until its time for dinner.

We have our ADR this night for Kouzzina over on the Boardwalk. So we'll walk over via the International Gateway to make our reservation at 6:25pm. No plans to catch Illuminations tonight, so we'll try to grab a bus back to ASMo from Epcot after we're done with our meal.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #27
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Snacking and (Safe) Drinking Around The World

We won't have time like we usually do this trip to complete drinking and snacking around The World Showcase like we usually do. With two dinner ADR's on both our Epcot visits we wouldn't want to be too full come dinner time. With two visits planned this trip for World Showcase, we should at least be able to cover majority of the drinks on our list.

Just thinking about the drinking and snacking around the world makes me excited, so much to try in the span of one place. I do have my favourites though, and I'll list them in case anyone is interested.

Mexico - Blood Orange Margarita accompanied with some Nachos or a Churro.

Norway - Aquavit Shot with some School Bread.

China - Canto Loopy and an Egg Roll.

Germany - Apfelkorn with a piece of Cheesecake or Black Forest Cake.

Italy - Peach Bellini with a Cannoli or a piece of Tiramisu.

USA - No drinks (after all the hard liquor, wouldn't want to switch to beer) but will definitely have a Funnel Cake or a Stuffed Pretzel.

Japan - Plum Wine or Sake (I lived in Japan for two years teaching English, so besides the Canada Pavilion this is like home to me) for a snack, I love grabbing a box or two of flavoured Pocky from in the department store.

Morocco - Sultan's Colada (not very Moroccan, but still tasty).

France - Grand Marnier Orange Slush with a Crepe or Stuffed Croissant.

United Kingdom - Welsh Dragon and we usually split an order of Fish and Chips.

Canada - Torontopolitan

We like to drink, but we do it safely. We drink water in between (every 2-3 countries), have snacks, regular bathroom breaks and we make sure to sit and rest now and again too. Plus spending time in the air conditioned pavilions is a must in Florida heat. No need to get sloshed and out of control in a family theme park
Old 07-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #28
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Early Check In? Oh no!

I don't know how this tidbit of information got past me in my planning, but I've just realized that since we'll be landing at MCO at 9:35am and taking ME to ASMo, we will probably be at the front desk no later than 11:00am.

I'm hoping that our room will be ready when we arrive. Otherwise this will really throw me off for the day.

PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY -
PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY - PLEASE ROOM BE READY -

If I wish it hard enough, maybe it will be when we get there Hoping for pixiedust for his one request I have!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #29
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeroKero View Post
We won't have time like we usually do this trip to complete drinking and snacking around The World Showcase like we usually do. With two dinner ADR's on both our Epcot visits we wouldn't want to be too full come dinner time. With two visits planned this trip for World Showcase, we should at least be able to cover majority of the drinks on our list.

Just thinking about the drinking and snacking around the world makes me excited, so much to try in the span of one place. I do have my favourites though, and I'll list them in case anyone is interested.

Mexico - Blood Orange Margarita accompanied with some Nachos or a Churro.

Norway - Aquavit Shot with some School Bread.

China - Canto Loopy and an Egg Roll.

Germany - Apfelkorn with a piece of Cheesecake or Black Forest Cake.

Italy - Peach Bellini with a Cannoli or a piece of Tiramisu.

USA - No drinks (after all the hard liquor, wouldn't want to switch to beer) but will definitely have a Funnel Cake or a Stuffed Pretzel.

Japan - Plum Wine or Sake (I lived in Japan for two years teaching English, so besides the Canada Pavilion this is like home to me) for a snack, I love grabbing a box or two of flavoured Pocky from in the department store.

Morocco - Sultan's Colada (not very Moroccan, but still tasty).

France - Grand Marnier Orange Slush with a Crepe or Stuffed Croissant.

United Kingdom - Welsh Dragon and we usually split an order of Fish and Chips.

Canada - Torontopolitan

We like to drink, but we do it safely. We drink water in between (every 2-3 countries), have snacks, regular bathroom breaks and we make sure to sit and rest now and again too. Plus spending time in the air conditioned pavilions is a must in Florida heat. No need to get sloshed and out of control in a family theme park
So Hungry and thirsty for an adult beverage now! Love France and the Grand Marnier Orange slush, we normally get a Napoleon to share, sooo yummy.

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
Old 07-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #30
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Fantasmic! Our Special Place

Some Disney background information on me!

My then boyfriend; now husband, proposed during our Feb 2010 trip to Walt Disney World That was his first trip there, but he knew that there would be nothing I would love more than to be proposed at in Disney World.

He didn't want to do it in front of the castle (he thought it too cliche) and we were there for Valentine's Day, but he didn't propose that day (he also thought that too cliche). So ... he proposed during Fantasmic! (during the part where all the characters come across the "stage" on the riverboat) on February 15. It was nice, more than nice actually! The group of people sitting behind us clapped for us - that was cute!

With my "Just Engaged" button (which unfortunately I hear they don't have anymore)

That was definitely a day I will never forget! Just one of my many memories from Disney World. I know I'll have many more to come as the years go on.

Us at MK that same Magical trip.

Anyhow, an amazing 10 days in February ended with our ENGAGEMENT which eventually led to our wedding !

A candid type shot of us leaving the church.

With our "Zoolander" faces on.

It's unfortunate that DH won't be joining us this trip. But mom and I will have a great trip nonetheless!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: