Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #631
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
Could anyone help with transfers please? We are thinking of flying to Houston on the 15th and driving to San Antonio for either 2 or 3 nights so to help us make our decision, does DCL offer transfers to the ship from Houston (if yes, from where and cost) and also from the ship to Barcelona airport.
TIA Dee
Yes, they offer transfers from both Houston area airports to Galveston and to the Barcelona airport from the pier. $30 pp one way or $60 pp round trip. Also have up until about a week before we sail to add the Galveston transfers and the Barcelona transfers can be added on the ship.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

Old 07-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #632
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=LySand;45349564]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
Since we seem to be getting so many potential events set up I got to wondering how tough it's going to be to gauge interest on a topic.

So, I thought I'd try out hooking up a poll to our website. Please have a look at the Pub Crawl page. I've added a poll. It's sort of just a trial run, but if a few people agree that it makes sense to add to the other topics, I can. (please do comment in thread if you think I should take it further or not)

Polls - Just a suggestion GoofyNewfie - when you are doing a poll, if you could put a brief (2 lines max) description of what it is. My experience with pub crawls involve getting on and off a bus I know a lot of things are seemingly self explanatory the same way I know there isn't a bus involved for this pub crawl, but maybe something like - "We meet one afternoon, usually 2nd sea day and have a drink in each bar/lounge".
I very much agree LySand, and I would have, but I don't know what it is in this case. Where I am, there's no buses during a pub crawl because we have more bars per square foot in the downtown than any other city in North America.

I'd be happy to add a description if someone will give me one. Or I could add another option to the voting - "Not enough information".

I've only done the one DCL cruise and the number of Disers was small. Our meet and greet flopped - I met one person. And the FE exchange was with 5 people. I say this because I'm very ready to take corrections or add anything to the website from anyone.
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #633
dee slack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrad25 View Post
Hi-
If i remember right DCL is offering transportation from both Houston airports to Galveston. I dont remember the price however I dont think it was too over the top. Not sure on transfers from the ship to Barcelona airport, but I cant imagine they wont offer them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Yes, they offer transfers from both Houston area airports to Galveston and to the Barcelona airport from the pier. $30 pp one way or $60 pp round trip. Also have up until about a week before we sail to add the Galveston transfers and the Barcelona transfers can be added on the ship.
Thanks so much!

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
Old 07-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #634
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I've updated the activity list on the first posting. If you are willing to help organize any of the activities, let me know. For those of you who have agreed to take the lead on any of them, could you please draft up an explaination of the event and if you want any input from the group, a form to complete and send to you. Chris can then add it to the website and I can put an edited versus on page one. My Bob was an editor with the local newspaper and an English teacher, if you need help with your writeup, send me a PM and I'll draft him into the job.

I'll be posting a form to complete if you would be interested in ordering group shirts. Because the cost is based on the number ordered, no money would be requested until we find out how many are thinking of ordering. From that we can calculate the anticipated cost.

Val & Bob
Old 07-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #635
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea View Post
WOW! So much info and organization over there!!! Are we going to need to eventually start a new thread to organize activities?
I don't know if they let us just start a new rollcall thread... have to wait until we max out at the 250 pages. Each time it was nearing 250, the person over the thread would start the new thread, have the first post say "DO NOT WRITE IN THIS THREAD YET!!!", send a PM to each event organizer with the link, and let each event organizer make a post (like you saw on that one). After all the event organizers had posted, then we would move over to the new thread so everyone could post. At any time, the event posters could go back and edit their original post on Page 1 so that it was always easily accessible. But I do think they let us start a new one before 250 pages -- once it is started, we would ask that this one be "closed" --- with the new link on one of the ending posts and also updated in first post by original poster so that people know where to find the "current" thread. As you can see on that link, we went through several threads of 250 pages!!

[QUOTE=GoofyNewfie;45353136]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LySand View Post

I very much agree LySand, and I would have, but I don't know what it is in this case. Where I am, there's no buses during a pub crawl because we have more bars per square foot in the downtown than any other city in North America.

I'd be happy to add a description if someone will give me one. Or I could add another option to the voting - "Not enough information".

I've only done the one DCL cruise and the number of Disers was small. Our meet and greet flopped - I met one person. And the FE exchange was with 5 people. I say this because I'm very ready to take corrections or add anything to the website from anyone.
Maybe something like these (I pulled from WBTA 2011 page):

Secret Mickey Exchange -
Somewhat like a "Secret Santa" where you will spend $25-$30 USD on a gift or gifts throughout the cruise on a pre-determined DIS member, with a "reveal" luncheon at Lumiere's the last sea day during the DIS Farewell Lunch (no charge for lunch).

DIS Farewell Lunch -
Come & join us for a farewell DIS lunch on the last sea day at 12:15 at Lumiere's. This is not a private function but Lumiere's will be notified in advance of our group attending so staffing/table arrangements can be made. No charge!

DIS Pajama Breakfast -
Meet for pictures at 8:45 the first sea day followed by breakfast in Lumiere's wearing your G-rated PAJAMAS! This is not a private function but Lumiere's will be notified in advance of our group attending so staffing/table arrangements can be made. No charge!

Lanyards -
Be part of a lanyard TEAM that contributes financially for lanyards so that all DIS members receive a free lanyard with waterproof pouch and nametag to help make us easily identifiable to other DIS members. It works as a great wallet for your Key To The World Card in case your swimsuit has no pockets!
OPTIONS: Want to be part of the TEAM to donate $ and receive lanyard, want to receive one but not be on TEAM, wouldn't want one anyway.

Mixology Tasting -
usually about $20 per person, a private DIS group event that requires 20-50 members purchased prior to embarkation and paid for with your onboard account (pics: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2224)

Mojito Tasting -
usually about $20 per person, a private DIS group event that requires 20-50 members purchased prior to embarkation and paid for with your onboard account (Here is one past description: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=34)

Embarkation Day Meet-and-Greet onboard -
There will be a brief get together in the promenade lounge at 3pm on embarkation day. It'll be a great opportunity to put faces to usernames, pick up your pins/lanyards from the Lanyard TEAM, as well as letting us all know of any room changes for those participating in exchanges and events (such as FE and Secret Mickey - if anyone upgraded at embarkation).

Champagne Girls -
Would you like to join the Champagne Girls? This is a girly meet on one of the Sea days (to be confirmed) where we will dress in pink!!! Tiara's & Feather Boa's optional but highly recommended, and its a good excuse to chat and drink Champagne!! (not essential).

DIS Toddler Meet-up -
An informal "toddler meet-n-greet" for the kiddos too young for Kids Club (under age three) on the first sea day from 11:00-11:30. That way they get a chance to meet, Moms get a chance to meet (and/or Dads), etc. Planning on the area in the shade by the toddler splash area. No sign-up necessary - just a place so that we can meet before lunch/naps/cranky time This will help us recognize one another the remainder of the cruise as well.

Linked Dining -
Interested in having your evening dining rotation with other DIS members in the same general area of the restaurant? This works for Main and Late dining, and is a great way to say "hi" to one another each evening!

Pub Crawl -
Meet in one of the bars for a drink of your choice (that you purchase) and then visit (Crawl) to every other bar on the ship at least once. As we do not have to worry about anything closing or how we are getting home, we can spend 20-30 min at each location. Because all bars are owned by Mickey Mouse, you can also carry your unfinished beverage with you to the next bar... or you can purchase a new beverage at each bar we visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I've updated the activity list on the first posting. If you are willing to help organize any of the activities, let me know. For those of you who have agreed to take the lead on any of them, could you please draft up an explaination of the event and if you want any input from the group, a form to complete and send to you. Chris can then add it to the website and I can put an edited versus on page one. My Bob was an editor with the local newspaper and an English teacher, if you need help with your writeup, send me a PM and I'll draft him into the job.

I'll be posting a form to complete if you would be interested in ordering group shirts. Because the cost is based on the number ordered, no money would be requested until we find out how many are thinking of ordering. From that we can calculate the anticipated cost.

Val & Bob
If we decide to do DIS Lanyards and have a Lanyard Team to fund the lanyards, I will be happy to head that up.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #636
badbrad25
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Val & Bob
I'll help organize the pub crawl.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #637
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
"Like Button" was just clicked here!

BTW - here is a tshirt they did on the 2011 WBTA (scroll down a little ways - there are a few large graphics)

Some ordered shirts from a specific company that agreed to print them (some are scared of copyright infringement), others made shirts by buying blank tshirts and printing graphics on an inkjet printer using the great iron-ons from AmyMickey dot com, and others wore normal attire.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #638
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wahoo that's great, we had such a great time last year at this one, it was
So relaxed and informal and as kids were in kids club/nursery we got time to
Spend with the grown ups

Chris, Jeremy, dan and Bruce did a great job with the graphics and the idea, got to give them credit
Old 07-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #639
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
"Like Button" was just clicked here!

BTW - here is a tshirt they did on the 2011 WBTA (scroll down a little ways - there are a few large graphics)

Some ordered shirts from a specific company that agreed to print them (some are scared of copyright infringement), others made shirts by buying blank tshirts and printing graphics on an inkjet printer using the great iron-ons from AmyMickey dot com, and others wore normal attire.
I've created a public Flicker set called EBTA5-13. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmvandy...7630135067532/

As I find or create graphics I'll place them there. If you have graphics to share, let me know and I'll edit them in photoshop and put them in Flicker. Here are the two Pub Crawl graphics. I've changed the date to 2013 and placed them in a 12x12 file with 300 resolution, the size Vista recommends for printing tees.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:25 AM   #640
Seraphine
Hello from the Pirates in Scotland!

Wow, fantastic work already, everyone!!!

I have one request... is there any way that we can plan the Pub Crawl on a different day to the Champagne Girls event? I was so drunk that day I barely made it to dinner after doing both events! It would be great if they were on different days this time

Disney Magic Eastern Transatlantic - May 18, 2013!
Disney Magic Western Transatlantic - September 10, 2011!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #641
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've created a public Flicker set called EBTA5-13. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmvandy...7630135067532/

As I find or create graphics I'll place them there. If you have graphics to share, let me know and I'll edit them in photoshop and put them in Flicker. Here are the two Pub Crawl graphics. I've changed the date to 2013 and placed them in a 12x12 file with 300 resolution, the size Vista recommends for printing tees.
Awesome!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Wow, fantastic work already, everyone!!!

I have one request... is there any way that we can plan the Pub Crawl on a different day to the Champagne Girls event? I was so drunk that day I barely made it to dinner after doing both events! It would be great if they were on different days this time

I remember that! And it's only because I didn't go to Champagne Girls!!

Val - what about for the time being adding a calendar to the first post to denote what is tentatively going where as events are proposed/added? Something similar to this? (Put question marks as I didn't know if confirmed)

Day 1 Galveston, Texas DIS Meet-and-Greet 3:00 ?
Day 2 At Sea DIS PJ Breakfast 8:45 Lumiere's ? Toddler Meet-and-Greet Splash Pool 11:00 ?
Day 3 At Sea
Day 4 Castaway Cay, Bahamas 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Day 5 At Sea
Day 6 At Sea
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 At Sea
Day 9 At Sea
Day 10 At Sea
Day 11 Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
Day 12 At Sea
Day 13 Gibraltar, United Kingdom 7:30 am 6:00 pm
Day 14 At Sea DIS Farewell Lunch and Secret Mickey Reveal 12:15 ?
Day 15 Barcelona, Spain
Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #642
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndrea View Post
WOW! So much info and organization over there!!! Are we going to need to eventually start a new thread to organize activities?
Quote:
I don't know if they let us just start a new rollcall thread... have to wait until we max out at the 250 pages. Each time it was nearing 250, the person over the thread would start the new thread, have the first post say "DO NOT WRITE IN THIS THREAD YET!!!", send a PM to each event organizer with the link, and let each event organizer make a post (like you saw on that one). After all the event organizers had posted, then we would move over to the new thread so everyone could post. At any time, the event posters could go back and edit their original post on Page 1 so that it was always easily accessible. But I do think they let us start a new one before 250 pages -- once it is started, we would ask that this one be "closed" --- with the new link on one of the ending posts and also updated in first post by original poster so that people know where to find the "current" thread. As you can see on that link, we went through several threads of 250 pages!!

If we decide to do DIS Lanyards and have a Lanyard Team to fund the lanyards, I will be happy to head that up.
The magic of a group website is this that the link can be put on the first posting and you don't have to worry about searching all the postings for the info you are looking for. I am so greatful that Chris was willing to take this over from me. It looks great.

If we have someone who is willing to take on another huge task, the group navigator is a wonderful tool. I'll see if I can get a link to the one Corinna, AKA DolphinGirl, created for us on the Hawaii cruise.

I'll keep the first posting uptodate with links. When we get close to the 250 postings, I'll let the DISboard coordinator know we want the first posting copied over.

Mandygirl, thanks for taking on the lanyard organization Chris can add your instructins to our web site.

Quote:
Thanks so much for agreeing to take this on. I'll update the first posting. Let Chris know what you need on the web page for this event. Feel free to use the graphics, or send me new ones, if you want them on Flicker.

Quote:
Awesome!! Thank you!

I remember that! And it's only because I didn't go to Champagne Girls!!

Val - what about for the time being adding a calendar to the first post to denote what is tentatively going where as events are proposed/added? Something similar to this? (Put question marks as I didn't know if confirmed)

Day 1 Galveston, Texas DIS Meet-and-Greet 3:00 ?
Day 2 At Sea DIS PJ Breakfast 8:45 Lumiere's ? Toddler Meet-and-Greet Splash Pool 11:00 ?
Day 3 At Sea
Day 4 Castaway Cay, Bahamas 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Day 5 At Sea
Day 6 At Sea
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 At Sea
Day 9 At Sea
Day 10 At Sea
Day 11 Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
Day 12 At Sea
Day 13 Gibraltar, United Kingdom 7:30 am 6:00 pm
Day 14 At Sea DIS Farewell Lunch and Secret Mickey Reveal 12:15 ?
Day 15 Barcelona, Spain
Perhaps a schedule could be an added page on the website, if Chris agrees. Each organizer could decide if they want to put a placeholder time for the event, with a notation or color indicator that is it a tentative time. DCL won't confirm the special events until about 2 weeks out, so sometimes the date, time and place isn't known for a long time.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #643
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="Red"]The magic of a group website is this that the link can be put on the first posting and you don't have to worry about searching all the postings for the info you are looking for. I am so greatful that Chris was willing to take this over from me. It looks great.

Perhaps a schedule could be an added page on the website, if Chris agrees. Each organizer could decide if they want to put a placeholder time for the event, with a notation or color indicator that is it a tentative time. DCL won't confirm the special events until about 2 weeks out, so sometimes the date, time and place isn't known for a long time.
Ditto! Just something somewhere so we see things in one spot versus trying to remember which post of which thread it was on. Summers give me more time, but once school starts in August, I am tight for time and can't go searching.

My thought with the tentative calendar was so that we didn't have DIS group organizers requesting the same dates with DCL -- if we know when each activity is trying to schedule (question mark until confirmed), we wouldn't be scheduling things on top of each other such as how the Pub Crawl and Champagne girls worked out the same afternoon on the WBTA that Seraphine and Binkytell mentioned. With private tastings (mojitos, mixology) those are two other things that would most likely want to be spread out as well when sending the requests to DCL (I think we ended up having two groups of mojito tastings - on separate days - which worked well because if one person had something come up, they could just trade tickets with someone in the other group tasting onboard). Prior to cruising, we knew at least the date and time of the events, but learned the location when receiving the tickets in our cabins from DCL since paid events. My biggest concern is each organizer being aware of the date/timeframe that is being requested to DCL so all events aren't requested on the same days. Although DCL won't give exact dates/times until closer to embarkation, we at least have organization of when the dates are being proposed by event organizers.

The meet-and-greet, toddler splash time, Pub Crawl, PJ breakfast, and Secret Mickey reveal / farewell luncheon were things we were able to plan ahead of time of where to meet with no DCL involvement until onboard since they weren't private events and occurred in normal operating hours. (Whew!) I would hope those could get a tentative date/time in advance. Someone was also able to get the formal night dates from DCL in advance as well to help place events around those. Logisitcal fun!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #644
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm between students right now - but can't find who I need to email the lanyard description to for the website. I tried keeping it to 2-3 lines, so feel free to edit as necessary for the webpage.

Lanyards -
Be part of a lanyard TEAM that contributes financially for lanyards so that all DIS members receive a free lanyard with waterproof pouch and nametag to help make us easily identifiable to other DIS members. It works as a great wallet for your Key To The World Card in case your swimsuit has no pockets! ($$ to be determined later when we actually learn how many are on the rollcall to receive lanyards and how many will be on the TEAM - suggestion is $20 donation)

OPTIONS for POLL:
- want to be part of the TEAM to donate $ and receive lanyard
- want to receive one but not be on TEAM
- wouldn't want one anyway.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #645
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Also - not sure if someone has already shared this link of 2011 EBTA, but it is pretty informative.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559444

The rollcall form they used is on here as well, Google spreadsheet, and has multiple tabs at the bottom for various activities.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752581

This spreadsheet system worked really well last year for the roll call, schedule (you can get the idea from that) and events tab ( we could look and see how many were interested in each activity)

Another item I would maybe put on the roll call is Dining time. Just my 2 cents! Thanks for all your hard work!!! I will get the navigators scanned in, I was too busy at work yesterday and forgot them at home today!!

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: