Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #16
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Hi all! We have just booked today! So excited - this is my family's 2nd Dream cruise - went on a double dip last July. We were lucky enough to get Cabana #17 and it was wonderful! My MIL, SIL, BIL, 2 nieces and nephew will be joining us - it will be their first time. Looking forward to introducing them to the magic of Disney cruising! We will have 3 cabins (as it stands now - seems to be constantly changing!): myself, DH and DS who will be 9 at cruise time. Next cabin will have MIL, 1 niece (age 11 at cruise time) and 1 nephew (age 7 at cruise time). Last cabin will be SIL, BIL, and a niece - age 6 at cruise time. Oh BTW, the children don't know about the cruise yet - we plan on surprising them at Christmas!! Hope we can keep it a secret for 6 months - will be hard to do!! So I can't add a ticker for the cruise until then. So has anyone done the FE before? We are definately interested in doing it again this time - so much fun! Looking forward to planning with all of you!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #17
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

Glad to see that someone started this thread! I started one on the Cruise Critic board, so if you want to add yourself to that one too, here's the link:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1628577

We did a 3-day on the Dream last November 2011 and it was waaaaay too short for us. So, we're going for the 4-day this round, which I think will still be too short, but I guess it's a step in the right direction toward hopefully a 7-day on the Fantasy in the future!

It'll be just me and my son (who will be 8 by then) on this ship. My son LOVED the kids club areas on our last trip and I expect he'll spend a lot of time there on this trip too, giving me some much-needed alone time. Perhaps I'll splurge on a spa treatment.

We loved the detective game and I expect we'll be doing that again. Our last trip was only 3 days, so we didn't even get off the ship at Nassau -- we really wanted to enjoy the ship for the short time we had. On this trip, I'm thinking about checking out one of the sea lion excursions -- we're going on an NCL cruise out of NYC this coming November and we're doing a dolphin swim on that one.

I'm so looking forward to this cruise. It'll be the first cruise that my son and I will be taking alone, without extended family. I am a DVC member, so we have taken several trips alone to WDW and I have found that the trips we take alone are usually the best ones....LOL. (FYI, I adopted my son as a single parent, so there is no father in the picture.)

How many days til this trip??? LOL

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

We are on this cruise too! It's me, DH, and DS (who will be 4). The trip is for DH's 40th bday and DS's 5th bday! Can't wait!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #19
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Just wondering if there is anyone who wants to do FE? This is such a fun activity! Any takers?

Old 07-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #20
Ndfor22349
Earning My Ears

we would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette View Post
Hi everyone! Just wondering if there is anyone who wants to do FE? This is such a fun activity! Any takers?
Princess Bette, we would be interested in participating. Not sure how getting a list started works. Happy 4th.
Ndfor22349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #21
Ndfor22349
Earning My Ears

Talking Happy 4th of July

Hello everyone,

Glad to see more people signing up bit by bit. Been very busy with work lately. We are headed out for our July trip to Disneyland on July 5th. I am sure it will be a mad house with the new Cars Land.

As part of our cruise we will be going to Disneyworld prior to the cruise for sure. I was thinking of doing one of the following.

MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES CRUISE (PREMIUM)
25' Tracker Pontoon

Price: $346.13, tax included for up to 10 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda, bagged snacks and and audio feed of the fireworks music -Guests may order Private Dining to be delivered to the cruise. The sound from the fireworks show is provided on the boat

Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
(formerly the Magical Fireworks Voyage)

This event begins with cookies, snacks and beverages before you "set sail" on your magical voyage where you'll have prime viewing of the Magic Kingdom's "Wishes" and "Electrical Water Pageant." Before you board, none other than Captain Hook and his hapless first-mate Mr. Smee arrive for some mayhem and photos. Your host for the night is "Patch," a pirate of dubious distinction. As you sail along the Seven Seas Lagoon, Patch will have you singing along and challenge you to some Disney Trivia.

Your "ship will set anchor" at the perfect spot overlooking the Magic Kingdom to view "Wishes". From there you return to the pier while Patch regales you with the story of Peter Pan. When you arrive, you'll see that none other than Peter himself is there to greet you.

Price: $57.50 (ages 10 and up) $33.01 (ages 3 - 9)
Reservations: Can be made up to 180 days in advance. Requirements: Credit card charged when making the reservation. 48-hour cancellation policy Meeting location: Noted on the event board in Disney's Contemporary Resort

If anyone will be at the resort and interested in joining in just let me know. Also does anyone know if a Cabana can be shared between different family's. Its just my wife and my 2 yr old son. Seems like alot of room just for the three of us.
Ndfor22349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #22
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndfor22349 View Post
Princess Bette, we would be interested in participating. Not sure how getting a list started works. Happy 4th.
Ndfor22349 - so glad your family wants to join in the fun! I have only participated once, last year, but if no one else who has experience wants to be in charge of the list, I will! Anyone who wants to join us, please just respond to let us know and if you want to organize it - speak up! We had so much fun with it last year and made friends with several families that we keep up with on Facebook, etc. FYI, one of those families with be on tv 8/10 on HGTV - where Disney did their backyard! So excited for them! Looking forward to hearing from more of you! Happy birthday America!

Ndfor22349 - have a wonderful trip!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
postalchick71
Mouseketeer

We are on this cruise! It will be me, DS who will be 7 and either DH or my other DS who will be 20. This will be our 1st time on the Dream! Can't wait
2011-7 Night Magic(Western)
2012-7 Night Magic(Western)
2013-March 24 Dream
2014-April 12 Fantasy
postalchick71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette View Post
Ndfor22349 - so glad your family wants to join in the fun! I have only participated once, last year, but if no one else who has experience wants to be in charge of the list, I will! Anyone who wants to join us, please just respond to let us know and if you want to organize it - speak up!
I'm interested! It will only be me and my DS8. I've never participated in an FE, so it sounds like fun. I'm not very creative, so this is going to be interesting....LOL.

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #25
OregonMom
Earning My Ears

Hi, there, we're happy to be joining you all on this cruise! Just got back from a 7-day Alaska Cruise on the Wonder, first time on DCL, and first time cruising ever. We loved it so much we booked this cruise while on board! We are me (DW) DH & DD11, who we pried out of The Edge every day for a few hours so we could see her. She had so much fun, I think she would have slept there if she could.

We were too overwhelmed before we left to do the Fish Extenders, and so overwhelmed when we got on board that I missed the DIS meetup the first night, but now that I have one cruise under my belt, I think I'm better prepared. So sign me up for FE! If I start working on something now, maybe I'll be done by next year.

I will probably have questions for you repeat Dream Bahamian cruisers! I'm also wondering if the cabanas can be shared, since we are traveling (maybe) with extended family. We adding a Disney World trip to the end of the cruise, to match our spring break schedule at home.

Glad to already see some tweens will be in this group that my DD can meet the first day!
Contemporary at WDW, June 2009
WDW December 2005

OregonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #26
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Fish Extender List

Hi all! I have finally started the FE list - it is under the Disney Cruise meet thread. Here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2957814

Hopefully it will be added in the list for 2013 Dream Cruises. On our last cruise, we provided first names, ages of children (for age appropriate gifts), room numbers, and favorite characters. Names were needed because some gifts were personalized! I included the following in the list:
Ndfor22349, toniosmom, OregonMom and myself. I need your names, ages, character favs and room numbers to update the list.

Anyone else who wishes to join can either private message me or just post here! Any suggestions or comments are welcome as well. This is going to be so fun!

Happy planning - Princess Bette

Old 07-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #27
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

Hi. We were on the Dream this past January, but DH could not join us so we decided to go again in March this time with him. We tried to do a FE on our last cruise, but couldn't get anyone else to do it. We are in cabin 9578. It's me, Lisa, my DH Rich, my DD Amy 16, and my twin sons Danny and Scotty age 13. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary while on board! Yeah

Last edited by luvdmouse; 07-13-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Please include us on the FE
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #28
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdmouse View Post
Hi. We were on the Dream this past January, but DH could not join us so we decided to go again in March this time with him. We tried to do a FE on our last cruise, but couldn't get anyone else to do it. We are in cabin 9578. It's me, Lisa, my DH Rich, my DD Amy 16, and my twin sons Danny and Scotty age 13. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary while on board! Yeah
Hi Lisa! I have added your family to the list. Congrats on your anniversary - perfect way to celebrate! Just let me know your favorite characters and I will add them. Looks like you will get to do the FE this cruise - so much fun!

Old 08-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #29
ktmo
Mouseketeer

Waiting for tomorrow to hopefully book airfare. We are planning on coming in on Saturday and going to Kennedy Space Center for the afternoon. I am checking Airtran tickets and their prices are sky high right now, but if I go through Orbitz or Travelocity, they are cheap. I really just want to book through Airtran, hopefully the prices come down.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #30
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmo View Post
Waiting for tomorrow to hopefully book airfare. We are planning on coming in on Saturday and going to Kennedy Space Center for the afternoon. I am checking Airtran tickets and their prices are sky high right now, but if I go through Orbitz or Travelocity, they are cheap. I really just want to book through Airtran, hopefully the prices come down.
Just wondering if you were able to book your airfare!

Southwest finally extended their window and I was able to book today! So glad to have that done! The fares were reasonable as well. We are flying in the night before and staying at the Hyatt at MCO. Thought we would try it out - seems like a lot of people enjoy the convenience. The earliest flight in on cruise day with SW was 12:30 and I was very nervous about that - just didn't want to take any chances!!

Just a reminder that if anyone cares to join the FE, we would love to have you! I have lots of ideas for gifts - we are excited! Have a great week everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: