Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #181
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

I can't believe it's over! Great report! And thanks for that tip on memory cards and batteries! I don't want to run out of either!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #182
Boutilier
Earning My Ears

I really enjoyed your TR. My DH and I are sailing to Alaska on the Wonder for our 18th Anniversary in August. We took the kids last year in June and had a great vacation but I am excited to have an adults only trip! We also had Mario as our server when we sailed to Mexico over Thanksgiving. He was excellent! Your photos brought back lots of great memories. I thought I wasn't going to need the photo package without the kids but it looks like we may have a lot of pictures even though it's just the two of us. Wish we had time to explore Seattle but getting away for 7 nights was hard enough! Thank goodness for Grandma! Thanks again for a wonderful report.
Jennifer
Boutilier is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #183
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Ashley, just wanted to thank you again for all of the helpful information. I've really enjoyed reading your report and the detail has been wonderful for our planning. Also enjoyed that last photo of Jeremy when leaving the ship - our boys (the ones who do the "awesome face" photos) take that exact same picture at the end of vacations.

Hope you and Jeremy have a wonderful trip in August. We enjoyed the Dream last year and hope you do too! We'll look for your trip report!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #184
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Love, love, LOVE your video!!

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #185
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Ashley, just wanted to thank you again for all of the helpful information. I've really enjoyed reading your report and the detail has been wonderful for our planning. Also enjoyed that last photo of Jeremy when leaving the ship - our boys (the ones who do the "awesome face" photos) take that exact same picture at the end of vacations.

Hope you and Jeremy have a wonderful trip in August. We enjoyed the Dream last year and hope you do too! We'll look for your trip report!
Thank you very much! I am glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait for the Dream, and I can't wait to get started on the TR for that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisSarahK View Post
Love, love, LOVE your video!!
Yippee!! I am glad you enjoyed it! It was super fun to make and relive all of our experiences through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
I can't believe it's over! Great report! And thanks for that tip on memory cards and batteries! I don't want to run out of either!
I am sad that it is over, I have such a good time talking to all of you while doing it! At least I get to do another one fairly soon! Yeah backups is the way to go (as long as you keep them with you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boutilier View Post
I really enjoyed your TR. My DH and I are sailing to Alaska on the Wonder for our 18th Anniversary in August. We took the kids last year in June and had a great vacation but I am excited to have an adults only trip! We also had Mario as our server when we sailed to Mexico over Thanksgiving. He was excellent! Your photos brought back lots of great memories. I thought I wasn't going to need the photo package without the kids but it looks like we may have a lot of pictures even though it's just the two of us. Wish we had time to explore Seattle but getting away for 7 nights was hard enough! Thank goodness for Grandma! Thanks again for a wonderful report.
Jennifer
Gotta love the grandma! I love my mom, because she graciously watches my 4 doggies and house sits for us! Originally we didn't think we were going to need a picture package, but ended up loving pics to we jumped in, I keep wondering whether I will need to budget for one on the Dream...I probably should because if I don't I will find loads of pics that I like...LOL! Hope you guys have a great time on your trip! And Happy Early Anniversary!!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #186
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

Ashely, I just want to add my thanks for such a great and informative trip report. I have taken tons of notes and refined my packing list, etc. Your posts about your stay in Seattle made me want to venture into the city this summer and take advantage of the downtown area which is something we often overlook living just 30 or so miles away. I look forward to reading your future trip reports!

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #187
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us! Your photos are lovely, and your commentary is terrific.

I am sorry that you did not get to see Victoria -- but I love the glimpse of the ship that Timon offered. I'm biased, of course, since it's my hometown. I think it's a shame that DCL structured the itinerary so that it barely met the legislative requirement to visit a foreign port. Three and a half hours doesn't cut it!

Maybe on your next trip (you did mention Seattle!) you can take the short cruise north to see more of what B.C.'s capital city has to offer!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #188
pixie08
DIS Veteran

I am a little behind here because I have been so caught up at work. So sorry about Ketchikan, I know so many Port Adventures got canceled that day.

I simply love this report, I love your video and I loved meeting you guys! Now I have one question...

Do you know how to move time back so we can all do it again?

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #189
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I am a little behind here because I have been so caught up at work. So sorry about Ketchikan, I know so many Port Adventures got canceled that day.

I simply love this report, I love your video and I loved meeting you guys! Now I have one question...

Do you know how to move time back so we can all do it again?
Well I don't know how to turn back time, but you could always book another cruise...LOL, we are already 46 days away from our other one on the Dream...I think we have become officially addicted to DCL, plus we get to see the Dodgers again YAY!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #190
WDHC
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the trip report Ashley. We are on the July 16th Cruise to Alaska and we are using your TR as our #1 reference. The Navigators you posted are awesome.
WDHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #191
WhosGoofy
Earning My Ears

Reading your trip report and viewing your photos (beautiful) has been so much fun!! We will be sailing on the Wonder in Alaska on September 3rd!!!!

Past Disney Vacations:
6/27/2013 Mediterranean Cruise on Disney Magic
9/1/2012 Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder
10/2008 DisneyWorld Animal Kingdom Lodge
5/2005 DisneyWorld
6/1985 DisneyLand
WhosGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #192
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDHC View Post
Thank you for the trip report Ashley. We are on the July 16th Cruise to Alaska and we are using your TR as our #1 reference. The Navigators you posted are awesome.
Wow! I am glad you found my TR helpful, that was always my goal! Hop you have a great time on your cruise! I know I am looking forward to our next one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhosGoofy View Post
Reading your trip report and viewing your photos (beautiful) has been so much fun!! We will be sailing on the Wonder in Alaska on September 3rd!!!!
Thank you!! I hope you enjoy your trip! I know we did, I just hope we will like our Dream Cruise as well as the Wonder one! What am I saying, I know we will love it too!! Have fun in Alaska!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #193
newfamilyman

Mouseketeer

I wanted to join the others as well and thank you for sharing your report, which definitely makes us look even more forward to our Alaska Wonder cruise in a few weeks.
newfamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #194
WDHC
Earning My Ears

Ashley, you took the LINK train to downtown Seattle from the Seattle-Tacoma airport, right? What station did you get disembark from and how long was the train ride? Is that closest station to the pier. I have a car rental that I need to return to the airport and am thinking of taking the train back to the pier. Thanks.
WDHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #195
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDHC View Post
Ashley, you took the LINK train to downtown Seattle from the Seattle-Tacoma airport, right? What station did you get disembark from and how long was the train ride? Is that closest station to the pier. I have a car rental that I need to return to the airport and am thinking of taking the train back to the pier. Thanks.
The LINK won't get you to the pier. The farthest North it goes is to Westlake Center, which is still a good distance to Pier 91.

Shuttle Express is a good option for transportation to Pier 91.

http://www.shuttleexpress.com/cruises

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26

Last edited by Luv_Tink; 07-05-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: