Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #2431
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I can tell by the photos its so much "more" we've stayed at POP 3 times and visited ASMovies once and didn't like that much...so we will see what we choose down the road
Is this one a surprise too?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #2432
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Is this one a surprise too?
no, she know we are going....if I do book the night at the poly that will be a surprise though!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #2433
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I've only been in a Poly room once. My friend stayed there with her son and invited us over to check it out. We watched the water parade from her patio. It was very cool!

AoA and the Poly would be a great contrast! Everything is so bright, colorful and exciting, just like you stepped into an animated film. The rooms at the Poly have dark wood, the grounds are beautiful, and it's a very relaxing resort. I don't think it would be hard to transition going either from AoA to Poly or Poly to AoA. I think going from Poly to any other value, would be a bit of a let down though.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #2434
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
I've only been in a Poly room once. My friend stayed there with her son and invited us over to check it out. We watched the water parade from her patio. It was very cool!

AoA and the Poly would be a great contrast! Everything is so bright, colorful and exciting, just like you stepped into an animated film. The rooms at the Poly have dark wood, the grounds are beautiful, and it's a very relaxing resort. I don't think it would be hard to transition going either from AoA to Poly or Poly to AoA. I think going from Poly to any other value, would be a bit of a let down though.
probably do AoA then Poly, that's what we did back in April last year, POP then AKL....will just have to see how much $$ I save between now and then

Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #2436
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We are doing a character meal today! It will be our first one in years!!! I think Anakin was 2 the last time we went. We are also going to try to see Merida.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #2438
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
We are doing a character meal today! It will be our first one in years!!! I think Anakin was 2 the last time we went. We are also going to try to see Merida.

Oh I can hardly wait to hear about it!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #2439
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

YIKES

cant wait to hear about the character meal!!!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #2440
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh I can hardly wait to hear about it!
Got some of the pictures downloaded, but not the lunch pics. Report to follow very shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
YIKES

cant wait to hear about the character meal!!!!!
We ate lunch at the Crystal Palace. We had an awesome dining experience.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #2441
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

With all the SWW trip reporting, I have fallen behind here. We have been to Landscapes of Flavor twice, also played the Highland Games twice at Epcot. But the reason I am here now, is to proclaim how awesome the Merida M&G is!!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #2442
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Got some of the pictures downloaded, but not the lunch pics. Report to follow very shortly!

We ate lunch at the Crystal Palace. We had an awesome dining experience.

Yay!!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #2443
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
With all the SWW trip reporting, I have fallen behind here. We have been to Landscapes of Flavor twice, also played the Highland Games twice at Epcot. But the reason I am here now, is to proclaim how awesome the Merida M&G is!!!!

Oh I can hardly wait to hear about it!!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #2444
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Princess Merida M&G

Have you seen the movie Brave? We loved that movie! Today we got moving early so that we could meet Princess Merida. I read that she starts daily at 9:15am. She is located at Fairytale Garden. That's where Story time with Belle took place; then was replaced as the Rapunzel M&G. Rapunzel is now located at the princess M&G on Main St. Princess Aurora is now located outside of Guest Services until 4, then she rotates at the Princess M&G with Rapunzel.

We decided it would be best to enter the queue from behind the castle, since the end of the line is that direction. We arrived at the exact same time that another family arrived from the other direction. They stood talking to one of the cm, while we were talking to another. The cm they were talking to (Kharyi) let them inside, and they left their stroller blocking the entrance. The cm we were talking to (Natalie) told us to go inside too as she moved their stroller from blocking our entrance.

Just as we proceeded, several people who were apparently with the other family (but not physically with them when they entered) ran around the corner and entered. Kharyi pulled the rope across to block our entrance. She said, "you can't go in there, there are too many people." Dh was annoyed at the rudenesss and said that she told us to enter, pointing to Natalie who was parking the other people's stroller over at Cosmic Rays. Kharyi said it didn't matter, there were too many people.

Natalie came back and dh told her that we weren't allowed to enter even though she told us to. She went inside and quietly questioned Kharyi, who once again, very loudly and authoritavely said that there are too many people.

Natalie approached us and apologized. She said that only a certain amount of people were allowed in the area. She explained that the princess had only 9 minutes remaining. She said if time permits we might be able to enter, however if there isn't enough time, then we would be the first family when she returns.

It wasn't even a minute later, and the rope was opened for us to enter. Even a couple families after us were permitted entry too.

The coloring table from the Rapunzel M&G is still there, with pictures from the movie Brave to color. There is also a target and bow and arrow in that area, which is a huge hit!

If you have a w/c or are unable to go down steps, the entrance that everyone uses to get to Merida will also be your way to exit after meeting her. Otherwise, there are steps to the coloring area when you exit.

There are tapestries as decorations all around. There is a cart where pictures are taken. In the cart is a target and the three brothers as bears. The bears move and laugh!

Found this merchandise in one of the stores on Main St.

Anakin loved the brother/bear!! It folds inside and outside. One way it's a brother, the other way it's a bear! Very cute!!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #2445
kaoden39
Hugs

How cute!! I love Merida!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: