Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #991
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Called!!!

Dude at first said it wasn't set up yet, probably would know on the 10th when registration opens.

Then he did a little more searching and said, "Oh, you mean 2013? Okay, yes, we had a meeting about this. It sounds like ALL resorts will be host resorts this year, and you will also be able to get discounted tickets like in the past- and dining will be offered! A whole package if you want just like any other vacation. We can also book your registration for you over the phone as well."

Soooo... looks like it's happening ladies! Can I hear an Amen?!?! Now to narrow down the choices!!!
WOO HOO!!!! Seriously awesome news here, ladies!!!! So excited for next week!!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #992
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

I'm so behind in my training. I've only run about 2.45 miles at my peak. I hope I still have time to be able to run the whole thing and not just walk part run part
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #993
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

You have loads of time! I'm still injured and was just okayed to start running again--- I get to go half a mile tonight. bahahahaa!

It will be fine! walking won't hurt if you have to do some. But you have a ton of time to get there.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #994
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Called!!!

Dude at first said it wasn't set up yet, probably would know on the 10th when registration opens.

Then he did a little more searching and said, "Oh, you mean 2013? Okay, yes, we had a meeting about this. It sounds like ALL resorts will be host resorts this year, and you will also be able to get discounted tickets like in the past- and dining will be offered! A whole package if you want just like any other vacation. We can also book your registration for you over the phone as well."

Soooo... looks like it's happening ladies! Can I hear an Amen?!?! Now to narrow down the choices!!!
Thank you so much for calling! I am so glad we have the same news from 2 people! It makes me feel more confident that they know what they are talking about. I really wonder with the earlier start times and now more resorts if they are expecting a lot more runners since it is the 5th anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
I'm so behind in my training. I've only run about 2.45 miles at my peak. I hope I still have time to be able to run the whole thing and not just walk part run part
Walking some is not a bad thing! But you have plenty of time to get there

Quote:
You have loads of time! I'm still injured and was just okayed to start running again--- I get to go half a mile tonight. bahahahaa!

It will be fine! walking won't hurt if you have to do some. But you have a ton of time to get there.
Good job getting back into it. Enjoy your half mile

I think if it is really true, DH and I are going to shoot for BLT so he can come down and see me on the course (my only chance for him to see me) and if not we will shoot for BCV. If we cannot get into either of those or if SIL/BIL decide to come we will probably just keep things at OKW for the extra room! I am just so excited for it to get here (well the registration and booking part)
Old 07-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #995
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I know, I'm excited. I called and priced a few regular price options just to get an idea. Based on last years discounts, if they are in the same ballpark, then I'm hoping to convince my roomies to try a deluxe (thinking BLT)

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #996
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

We love CR! We stayed in the Garden Wing last time and it was wonderful. We just bought into DVC so I need to pick one of those so we can use our points!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #997
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Here's my only concern to the whole "all resorts are host resorts" thing - the bus situation is already crowded and traffic is horrible - I can't imagine buses coming from ALL the resorts doing anything but making it a traffic nightmare! Hope they have better traffic logistics this time around!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #998
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Any marathon vets care to comment? I figure it's about the same madness for that morning with the busses. Curious how smooth it runs

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #999
annabanna
Mouseketeer

I was actually hoping that having to chose a resort from a list of hosts would help me narrow down my choices!! Now it looks like it's back to the drawing board!! What kind of discounts are usually offered?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #1000
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

Quote:
Called!!!

Wow! Thanks for the info. I have no clue where we should stay now. Do we book everything from the runDisney site, or will it be best to call Disney directly?
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #1001
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any marathon vets care to comment? I figure it's about the same madness for that morning with the busses. Curious how smooth it runs
I am also wondering and would love to hear from previous princesses.

Just wondering in the past if anyone just drove from a WDW resort hotel to the start to avoid possible bus problems ??? I would love to hear about that.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #1002
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

You call a special run disney number to get the rates.

Based on numbers from last year it looks like typical break down of % off for rooms- 25ish for a value, 30ish for a mod, 35ish for a deluxe. That's if I was doing my math right. Which is suspect, I'll admit.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #1003
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I am also wondering and would love to hear from previous princesses.

Just wondering in the past if anyone just drove from a WDW resort hotel to the start to avoid possible bus problems ??? I would love to hear about that.
Well in my experience, I took the bus and had no problems whatsoever! We stayed at the Poly, and I literally got on the very first bus they had at 3:00 AM, my family went back to the room and rested for a little while. There was no problem with traffic that early. Then after the race, we took the monorail back to the Poly, so again, no problems with traffic.

Tower of Terror Inaugural 10-Miler I like it HOT HOT HOT 2:10.08

Princess Half Marathon 2012 I DID IT!!! 2:58.06
Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #1004
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I was at allstars sports one year and Poly the next. I was on an earlier bus for Poly and a little later with ASSP. Both went off without a hitch for me- I was there in plenty of time.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #1005
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Please don't fret! Just keep plugging away. Official training plans don't start till October. Run for fun right now

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: