Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #976
NC State
DIS Veteran

I'm slowly increasing my work out since my injury. Today I ran 4.56 miles in 1 hour!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
Old 07-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #977
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Exclamation

Calling all Peachtree runners! I heard that runDisney will be there. I need an investigative team to search out the newest Disney bling and report back with photographic evidence!

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds!
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #978
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
I'm slowly increasing my work out since my injury. Today I ran 4.56 miles in 1 hour!
Nice job!
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
Old 07-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #979
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great job!!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #980
danielleyoung0
Earning My Ears

I'm running!!

Hi there! I'm Danielle. I'm 27 and will be running the Princess Half Marathon in February. I've been following this board for awhile and finally decided to come out of my corner and join the fun.

I just started running about a month ago. This all started when I discovered The Color Run, a 5K (which will be my first!) that I'm running in September. Since I registered for that, I went CRAZY trying to find more fun runs. The DPHM is PERFECT for me. When I was in high school, my superlative was "Most Likely to Write and Produce A Disney Princess Broadway Musical (We made up fun ones for our classmates..none of the "most likely to succeed" boringness.)

I'm nervous, because I AM quite a bit overweight. I'd lost approximately 130 pounds, but had to have surgery for a tumor removal last year. This caused me to break my workout routine, and I've been struggling to get back into it. I gained about 40 of the pounds back, which is a bummer, but I know I can drop it again. I'm excited to have something to work towards now - ESPECIALLY since it will be my first trip to Disney since I was THREE YEARS OLD!!!!

I'm so excited!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #981
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard Danielle! The PHM is by far the most fun you can have running 13.1 miles! There is so much to see. Even just checking out the other runners' costumes is a blast! And the bling at the end is not too shaby! Bling is really my motivation to run.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 07-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #982
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielleyoung0 View Post
Hi there! I'm Danielle. I'm 27 and will be running the Princess Half Marathon in February. I've been following this board for awhile and finally decided to come out of my corner and join the fun.

I just started running about a month ago. This all started when I discovered The Color Run, a 5K (which will be my first!) that I'm running in September. Since I registered for that, I went CRAZY trying to find more fun runs. The DPHM is PERFECT for me. When I was in high school, my superlative was "Most Likely to Write and Produce A Disney Princess Broadway Musical (We made up fun ones for our classmates..none of the "most likely to succeed" boringness.)

I'm nervous, because I AM quite a bit overweight. I'd lost approximately 130 pounds, but had to have surgery for a tumor removal last year. This caused me to break my workout routine, and I've been struggling to get back into it. I gained about 40 of the pounds back, which is a bummer, but I know I can drop it again. I'm excited to have something to work towards now - ESPECIALLY since it will be my first trip to Disney since I was THREE YEARS OLD!!!!

I'm so excited!
Welcome !!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:33 AM   #983
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

Has anyone seen the list of "official host resorts" yet. I'm not a great searcher but couldn't find it at the ESPNWWOS site. With registration opening in a few day (ok 10) I'd think that would be out there?

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Old 07-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #984
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookwood
Has anyone seen the list of "official host resorts" yet. I'm not a great searcher but couldn't find it at the ESPNWWOS site. With registration opening in a few day (ok 10) I'd think that would be out there?
We're all anxiously awaiting that info too! I don't know what they're waiting for!!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #985
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Calling all Peachtree runners! I heard that runDisney will be there. I need an investigative team to search out the newest Disney bling and report back with photographic evidence!

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds!
Woot woot Colleen! I can't pick mind up tomorrow. Please let me know what you see!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #986
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GREAT Job! Keep it up~

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielleyoung0 View Post
Hi there! I'm Danielle.
I'm so excited!
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookwood View Post
OK, so this has been driving me NUTS so I emailed RunDisney. They referred me to Disney Sports Travel. So I called just a couple minutes ago. Julie answered and said this year ALL RESORTS will be host resorts. I questioned her since in the past it has not been even close to all of them but she said this year it was all of them. From experience calling Disney does not always get you the most accurate information so if anyone wants to try and call and see if someone else answers and gives the same answer the number RunDisney gave me to call was 407-939-4786 (number 3 for Princess Information)
Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #987
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
OK, so this has been driving me NUTS so I emailed RunDisney. They referred me to Disney Sports Travel. So I called just a couple minutes ago. Julie answered and said this year ALL RESORTS will be host resorts. I questioned her since in the past it has not been even close to all of them but she said this year it was all of them. From experience calling Disney does not always get you the most accurate information so if anyone wants to try and call and see if someone else answers and gives the same answer the number RunDisney gave me to call was 407-939-4786 (number 3 for Princess Information)

oh, I really hope that's true!!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #988
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
GREAT Job! Keep it up~

That would be AWESOME! Although, more expensive for WDW (lots of busses going to and fro)!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #989
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
That would be AWESOME! Although, more expensive for WDW (lots of busses going to and fro)!
This is exactly why I am unsure if she had the right information. I just can't imagine it since last year it was not even close to all of them!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #990
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Called!!!

Dude at first said it wasn't set up yet, probably would know on the 10th when registration opens.

Then he did a little more searching and said, "Oh, you mean 2013? Okay, yes, we had a meeting about this. It sounds like ALL resorts will be host resorts this year, and you will also be able to get discounted tickets like in the past- and dining will be offered! A whole package if you want just like any other vacation. We can also book your registration for you over the phone as well."

Soooo... looks like it's happening ladies! Can I hear an Amen?!?! Now to narrow down the choices!!!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: