Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #91
xoprincessmomxo
Making Papa Nick stew...

Possibly joining in! My husband just informed me that February is out because of his job. We are planning a vacay blowout! 2 weeks at the world with our first trip to Universal to see Harry Potter! As well as a possibility of 8 other people joining us for a week! Eeek!

For those who have been in April before, what are the crowds like? I know Easter is really early next year (March 31) so we would plan a late April trip. Our last vacation in 2010 was in September and was absolutely beautiful. I do not want to wait that long, though! By then, my oldest baby will be in 6th grade!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #92
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoprincessmomxo View Post
Possibly joining in! My husband just informed me that February is out because of his job. We are planning a vacay blowout! 2 weeks at the world with our first trip to Universal to see Harry Potter! As well as a possibility of 8 other people joining us for a week! Eeek!

For those who have been in April before, what are the crowds like? I know Easter is really early next year (March 31) so we would plan a late April trip. Our last vacation in 2010 was in September and was absolutely beautiful. I do not want to wait that long, though! By then, my oldest baby will be in 6th grade!!!
We were there the last half April 2009. I don't recall any problems at all with our trip in terms of crowds. Oddly, when I was looking at other people's pictures from the same time we were there, one person was posting about how horrible the crowds were. And there I was in their picture! So I guess it is a matter of perspective. I base my opinion of crowds a lot differently than other people do. If I have to wait for a bathroom stall, then I consider the park crowded.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #93
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

so who's going to book on July 11th?? I am we will book a value with tickets, and then wait for a discount....
DS (13)
Lily
Old 07-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #94
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I am, I am! DH has no idea, I haven't filled him in on this trip yet, lol. this is way too early for him to be thinking about next April. I'll just book it and start making payments and tell him closer to Xmas.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 07-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #95
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

haha TJmama! I am probably going to book a standard room at AOA, but if further down the road the discounts come out and they are excluded we may choose another resort. Decided on the 4 day hopper with the water park option. If we would be lucky enough to get free dining then we will take it if not we will be paying OOP this year.Can't wait to play around with packages to see the difference in prices in resorts!
DS (13)
Lily
Old 07-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #96
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
so who's going to book on July 11th?? I am we will book a value with tickets, and then wait for a discount....
I'm already booked for room-only. I assume that I will now get a confirmation email? Or I guess I need to call and have them apply my AAA 10% discount now and then hope a better discount comes out later. I kind of dread seeing the new prices.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #97
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
haha TJmama! I am probably going to book a standard room at AOA, but if further down the road the discounts come out and they are excluded we may choose another resort. Decided on the 4 day hopper with the water park option. If we would be lucky enough to get free dining then we will take it if not we will be paying OOP this year.Can't wait to play around with packages to see the difference in prices in resorts!
i know, it seems like the standard rooms are in such high demand, they may never be included in the discounts. I was afraid it was going to be the other way around - that the suites would be excluded.

I'm thinking about adding a 3 nt. cruise to the end, as a way to unwind/recuperate from our park days. But I hate to shorten the # of days we'll be at WDW, so I'm torn......
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 07-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #98
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I'm thinking about adding a 3 nt. cruise to the end, as a way to unwind/recuperate from our park days. But I hate to shorten the # of days we'll be at WDW, so I'm torn......
This is what we are doing with our trip. I know what you mean about not wanting to cut into your park days. We go just about every year if not every other year, so we were looking for a change. We have done a 3 day at the end before and really liked it. I worry more about the cruise being too short.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #99
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88 View Post
This is what we are doing with our trip. I know what you mean about not wanting to cut into your park days. We go just about every year if not every other year, so we were looking for a change. We have done a 3 day at the end before and really liked it. I worry more about the cruise being too short.
i know ideally a longer cruise would be better, but since it will be the first time for the kids, I don't want to do any longer than that in case they're not crazy about it. I think while they're this young, they're really more into the parks than they ever would be in a cruise. The cruise is really for me and DH, lol.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #100
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

also ideally, we could do more than a week-long trip, but now that DH is a teacher, we're stuck with school vacations, so anything longer isn't an option.
(we wouldn't go in the summer)
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 07-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #101
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
also ideally, we could do more than a week-long trip, but now that DH is a teacher, we're stuck with school vacations, so anything longer isn't an option.
(we wouldn't go in the summer)
Which cruise are you looking at?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #102
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

umm....... my mind is drawing a blank on the date. It's the 3 nt. to Bahamas on the Dream -- something like 4/18.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 07-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #103
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
umm....... my mind is drawing a blank on the date. It's the 3 nt. to Bahamas on the Dream -- something like 4/18.
Cool. We are looking later in the month. I was just curious if we were sailing at the same time.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #104
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I've spent all day reading about DCL and the Dream -- wow, lots of info. I'm a WDW nut but know practically nothing about DCL...... I know 3 nts. will be over in a flash and is surely not enough time to do everything there is to do on a Disney cruise, but I figure it's a good intro to cruising for the kids, and if they love it, we can go on a longer cruise in the future. It actually would be the perfect excuse for me to get my Disney fix at other times of year b/c as it stands now with DH being a teacher, our only options are Xmas/New Years week, Presidents Day/Feb. vacation and April vacation...... and I would never go during the Xmas or Feb. breaks due to the extreme crowds, so maybe we can stick with doing WDW in April and a cruise in Dec. or Feb. each year.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #105
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I'm sure we all know that the Flower and Garden Festival goes on for the whole month of April. I just found the official dates for 2013. March 6 to May 19. THIS is why I like to go in April.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: