Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #421
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Looking forward to that - Mark may even jump on to see it. He is a crazy cruise person after just that first one.
One is all it takes to become hooked!!

WDW is my first vacation choice, followed very closely by cruising!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #422
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

It sounds like the FF Italian dinner is going to be wonderful. How exciting for you all to be able to go together!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #423
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I am looking forward to meeting you all in 3D! I just hope that we actually can take this trip.

Surgery was a success, she came through fine. I won't explain what the Doctor told me, but evidently there was a lot of infection that needed to be removed, so hopefully now that the infected tissue is gone, they will do the whole skin graft stuff to heal the holes and she will get all better soon.

I really miss WDW and while we can still get to DL (I actually snuck out there today while she was in surgery and checked out one of the new lounges and had a bite to eat and a couple of drinks, shhhhhh!) I really enjoy WDW and the vastness of it. People in So Cal have no idea what WDW is all about because they think of Disneyland in the middle of bustling Anaheim, both have their unique charm, but when we go across the country to WDW, it's totally different. I can't drive back home to get the video camera we forgot, or whatever with the cats, once we're there, we're there and we're immersed in it.

At DL we are so used to going back home at night, staying over is new to us, so I really hope that she heals up once and for all and we can start taking these longer trips. That what I bought DVC for in the first place!!!!!!!!!!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #424
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Alison,

So happy to hear Fran's surgery went well. Praying that she will now have a very quick & full recovery and this will soon be a very distant memory.

I understand what you mean about DL and WDW. Years ago I lived in LA and had many day trips (and some overnights! ) to DL! Gotta love DL as it's Walt's original, but for me there's no place like WDW!

Old 06-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #425
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
It sounds like the FF Italian dinner is going to be wonderful. How exciting for you all to be able to go together!!
I sure wish you would join us!

Maybe you could make a reservation, just in case!

407-939-5102

They only require a CC # guarantee and there is a 48-hour cancellation.

Happy Friday everyone!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #426
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I sure wish you would join us!

Maybe you could make a reservation, just in case!

407-939-5102

They only require a CC # guarantee and there is a 48-hour cancellation.

Happy Friday everyone!
Not this year, my friend! If all goes well, Kristin and Ashley should arrive in WDW that morning and we will have places to be. Besides, I am not about to sign up for something that has an unknown price tag right now.

I know you all will take copious notes and pictures so I will live vicariously through you!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #427
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Not this year, my friend! If all goes well, Kristin and Ashley should arrive in WDW that morning and we will have places to be. Besides, I am not about to sign up for something that has an unknown price tag right now.

I know you all will take copious notes and pictures so I will live vicariously through you!
I understand -- copious notes & pictures it is!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #428
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
One is all it takes to become hooked!!

WDW is my first vacation choice, followed very closely by cruising!
Mark's is the opposite - he would be happy if we only did cruising going forward. He really really wants a trip on the Oasis or Allure, hmmmm, maybe some year in the future we should have a Jamborini meet scheduled on one of those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I am looking forward to meeting you all in 3D! I just hope that we actually can take this trip.

Surgery was a success, she came through fine. I won't explain what the Doctor told me, but evidently there was a lot of infection that needed to be removed, so hopefully now that the infected tissue is gone, they will do the whole skin graft stuff to heal the holes and she will get all better soon.

I really miss WDW and while we can still get to DL (I actually snuck out there today while she was in surgery and checked out one of the new lounges and had a bite to eat and a couple of drinks, shhhhhh!) I really enjoy WDW and the vastness of it. People in So Cal have no idea what WDW is all about because they think of Disneyland in the middle of bustling Anaheim, both have their unique charm, but when we go across the country to WDW, it's totally different. I can't drive back home to get the video camera we forgot, or whatever with the cats, once we're there, we're there and we're immersed in it.

At DL we are so used to going back home at night, staying over is new to us, so I really hope that she heals up once and for all and we can start taking these longer trips. That what I bought DVC for in the first place!!!!!!!!!!
So glad it went well! Good thoughts for a speedy recovery for Fran and that you guys actually get to take this trip.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #429
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
I will be happy to oblige!! This is a 5-night with stops in Freeport, Nassau, Carnival's private island Half Moon Cay, and a "fun day at sea"!!

Ecstasy is one of the older ships, comparable in size to the DCL Magic. They refurbished it prior to making Port Canaveral her new home.

Ecstasy also does an itinerary that stops in Key West (a 4 night, I think? )

I will have pictures and a TR to share when we get home!
I want in on this too.....

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #430
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Alison, great news about Fran... Prayers and Pixie Dust..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #431
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

I came back on here hoping to hear more from Alison about Fran. Later today, hopefully!!

Old 06-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #432
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
I came back on here hoping to hear more from Alison about Fran. Later today, hopefully!!
Sorry, we are just waking up. I picked her up at 10PM so it was 2AM before either of us got to bed. She did sleep most of yesterday. We have to get moving soon as she has an appointment to get the dressing changed and see the infectious disease Dr.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #433
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I want in on this too.....
Alrighty! Happy to oblige!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Sorry, we are just waking up. I picked her up at 10PM so it was 2AM before either of us got to bed. She did sleep most of yesterday. We have to get moving soon as she has an appointment to get the dressing changed and see the infectious disease Dr.
Alison, keep us updated please.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #434
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Mark's is the opposite - he would be happy if we only did cruising going forward. He really really wants a trip on the Oasis or Allure, hmmmm, maybe some year in the future we should have a Jamborini meet scheduled on one of those!

The mega-ships just don't interest me (and now of course all the cruise lines are building them! ) I really enjoy the ships that are Disney Magic or Wonder size! (2,000 to 2,500 guests)

But, if that's what I'll have to do for a Jamborini meet, then that's what I'll do!

Old 06-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #435
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori

The mega-ships just don't interest me (and now of course all the cruise lines are building them! ) I really enjoy the ships that are Disney Magic or Wonder size! (2,000 to 2,500 guests)

But, if that's what I'll have to do for a Jamborini meet, then that's what I'll do!
I have zero desire to be on those particular ships, but I may have to give in once to keep getting my way the other 90% of the time LOL! That's why I'm trying to rope others in, make it more fun for me.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: