Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #316
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

It shouldn't be unless it's due to go down for refurb...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #317
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by youcansmellit View Post
I have been trying to make an ADR for Garden View Tea Room for the last week in August. I am having no luck. I even tried to make it for times in November and December and I found nothing at all. I made an attempt at about 40 dates with not one time available. Do I have to make a reservation another way or is this harder to get into then Le Cellier?
You know I have heard this before. We have stayed at the GF at least a couple times a year for the past few years, even at Christmas and Easter, and have rarely seen the Tea Room full. Hopefully k&a&c'smom will have an answer, but like I said, this is not the first time someone has posted this.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #318
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

I have been having the same trouble for our October trip...last fall, And the fall before that, I had no problem booking this online, and as Jungle Cruiser said, the lounge is usually only half-full, at most...I am going to try calling instead.

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD14 ~ Gracie
Old 06-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #319
youcansmellit
Mouseketeer

Thanks, I think I am going to take my chances with a walk up. Even if I have to wait It's so nice to walk around. My wife has wanted to go to Basin White for about a year now.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #320
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

The tea room may have to be booked by phone. When the online reservation system first started, the tea room was unavailable; I have been able to book online a couple trips, but it's possible they have gone back to phone bookings.

If it were me, I'd give the dining reservations line a call.

Thanks, Jungle Cruiser, we did have a wonderful time! I have had a lot of things to take care of since arriving back home, but I'm going to try to get caught up here soon.

baler31 - I haven't read your review yet, but will do so later today. Sounds like our hopes for the pool refurbishment schedule were realized - didn't make sense for them both to be done at the same time.

I have to run, my mom is going through tests for surgery, so I'll be driving her to the hospital in a little while. I'll try to get back online later today.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #321
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
I have to run, my mom is going through tests for surgery, so I'll be driving her to the hospital in a little while. I'll try to get back online later today.
Best wishes and prayers for your Mom

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #322
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom-hope things went well with your Mom today. Keeping her and you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #323
RDP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by youcansmellit View Post
I have been trying to make an ADR for Garden View Tea Room for the last week in August. I am having no luck. I even tried to make it for times in November and December and I found nothing at all. I made an attempt at about 40 dates with not one time available. Do I have to make a reservation another way or is this harder to get into then Le Cellier?
I have the same problem for our Nov trip, can't get any dates online, so called long distance from the UK to book directly with WDW DINE. They still didnít have any availability, although the cast member mentioned that it may be because they havenít released all the inventory for this location and indicated that it probably wasn't booked up. Doesn't really help me organise the ADR. I have read a few threads about this location and all the advice is to call, so I may have a large phone bill by November!
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

Old 06-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #324
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Sending lots of hugs your mom's way

pas130 I didn't have time to read the thread but I hope all is well with your princess. Sending you hugs as well.

Just wanted to let you all know that we checked into the YC and the wifi was hit or miss so I wasn't able to access the computer. The YC was nice but it wasn't my GF. We are having no problem here at BLT. Our flight was delayed 45 minutes and we landed with Debby a brewing. But it cleared up yesterday afternoon and the rest of our trip it looks like the weather is going to be nice.

We took some pictures of the GF construction and will be taking more so I will post when we get back later from Epcot if not tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #325
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

CoachBagFanatic-glad you landed safely. Have a wonderful vacation. Can't wait to see pictures of the GF.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #326
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my mom. Her surgery is for knee replacement, so not emergency or anything, but still worrisome - she is 80 and not in top health. Thanks again for the well wishes.

pas130 - Thinking of you and your little princess, I hope everything is going well.

to all the new posters!

CoachBagFanatic - glad you are finally at the World, looking forward to your photos.

Jungle Cruiser - Congrats to Dr. Jungle Cruiser!!!

bethclayton - your post made me laugh, the caveat about not throwing the Poly under the bus - too funny! I know exactly what you mean, you can love a resort but acknowledge need for improvement.

baler31 - finally got a chance to read your review, thanks for all the updated info. I'd love to see your photos, PM me if you need help - you may know this already, but you first have to upload to a remote hosting site that is compatible with the DIS. I use Photobucket but there are several out there.

jd99 - Glad you had such a great trip, sounds like the GF was lovely as always even with the construction. Sorry you had to deal with greedy people in the lounge, it can be frustrating but you seem to have made the best of things.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #327
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
K&a&c'sMom- again, thanks for all you do.
Awww, thank you for the sweet words.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #328
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone at the Grand now is having a magical vacation, and the rest of the GF lovers have a wonderful weekend.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #329
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

Update on booking the Garden View Tea:

I called Disney Dining directly yesterday and was able to get the time I wanted, so apparently, you have to call rather than book online...seems wacky...

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD14 ~ Gracie
Old 06-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #330
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

K&a&c'sMom, I wish your Mom a very speedy recovery. Anything to do with weight-bearing joints can be painful. As someone who has spent the past week taking my own DM to doctor's appointments and tests, I do empathise.

We make our final ADRs tonight. We are so fortunate to have a long GF visit to plan and anticipate. The only bad bit is that our ADRs cannot be made with one fell swoop. 'Bad' being a thoroughly relative term! Let's face it anything to do with a GF trip cannot be seen as anything but fun.

I do have one question. We made our room booking more than a year ago. At that stage new construction work was yet to be confirmed. While far from definite, there is a possibility that our Main Building room request (4422) will be granted. We have loved this room in a previous trip. And we are extremely fortunate to be able to spend most of December at the GF on our next trip. Our minor concern is that a construction site is not always the most pleasing, or tranquil view. Has anyone found that the building works have detracted at all from their enjoyment of that particular end of the Main Building?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: