Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #16
cgbsilver@hotmail.co
MAN OF MEANS BY NO MEANS THAT LITTLE OLD WINE DRINKER ME

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

bump
cgbsilver@hotmail.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
myneverland
Mouseketeer

LM King rooms?

We're headed to AoA during the first week of October. We booked two LM rooms with a guaranteed connecter door (cheaper than getting a family suite in the other sections). And, I was wondering if anyone knows if they will have King bed rooms in the LM section? We are hoping to have one King room connected to a 2-double bed room.

Anyone know?

Thanks!
myneverland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
w84no1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myneverland View Post
We're headed to AoA during the first week of October. We booked two LM rooms with a guaranteed connecter door (cheaper than getting a family suite in the other sections). And, I was wondering if anyone knows if they will have King bed rooms in the LM section? We are hoping to have one King room connected to a 2-double bed room.

Anyone know?

Thanks!
They have King bed rooms, just not sure if they connect to double bed rooms.

w84no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Honestly i was so excited to book a AoA for our next trip, now im not so sure. I really dont think I like how far LM rooms are from the main building. For this reason alone, i'd book another resort. Maybe Pop, and just visit AoA every once in a while. Lol!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
BlondeJungleBookFan
Looking for the Bare Necessities

I am, too, concerned about the walk from LM rooms to the bus stop.

The buses are only out in front of the Animation Hall?
They do not drive through the property and have stops every few buildings?

I've only stayed at Old Key West, and that's what they had....so I just assumed there would be pick ups and dropoffs throughout the resort - including the Little Mermaid room area.... No??
5th Cruise:
Gaither Gospel Cruise Westerdam Feb 2012
4th Cruise: May 5, 2011 Disney Dream Bahamas Trip Report ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718995
3rd Cruise: Sept 9 2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas ** 2nd Cruise: Dec 6 2009 Golden Princess to Hawaii ** First Cruise: Sept 2007 Caribbean Princess
BlondeJungleBookFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #21
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeJungleBookFan View Post
I am, too, concerned about the walk from LM rooms to the bus stop.

The buses are only out in front of the Animation Hall?
They do not drive through the property and have stops every few buildings?

I've only stayed at Old Key West, and that's what they had....so I just assumed there would be pick ups and dropoffs throughout the resort - including the Little Mermaid room area.... No??
Nope. At AoA they only stop at the main hall. Sorry.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #22
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
We booked two LM rooms with a guaranteed connecter door
There are no guaranteed connecting rooms. No matter what you were told, it's a request, not a guarantee.

I don't know if putting in another request for a king bed will be a problem for the connecting rooms. If the connecting rooms is most important I'd just go with that.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #23
BlondeJungleBookFan

Thanks Canadian guy for the quick response.

Am going to have to re-think staying in a LM room.
5th Cruise:
4th Cruise: May 5, 2011 Disney Dream Bahamas Trip Report ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718995
3rd Cruise: Sept 9 2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas ** 2nd Cruise: Dec 6 2009 Golden Princess to Hawaii ** First Cruise: Sept 2007 Caribbean Princess
Old 06-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #24
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

What is the problem with the walk from LM to Animation Hall or the bus stops...it's 5 mins max!! I read all of the complaints about the long walk from 90's at POP to the food court - we always ask for 90's..it's a short walk. No offence intended, but I sometimes think you US guys have forgotten what your legs are for.

And before I get flamed, I understand that guests with small children or disabilities may need to be closer, but c'mon guys, you can walk around the parks all day so what's the problem with a little walk at your resort!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #25
Kimbysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
What is the problem with the walk from LM to Animation Hall or the bus stops...it's 5 mins max!! I read all of the complaints about the long walk from 90's at POP to the food court - we always ask for 90's..it's a short walk. No offence intended, but I sometimes think you US guys have forgotten what your legs are for.

And before I get flamed, I understand that guests with small children or disabilities may need to be closer, but c'mon guys, you can walk around the parks all day so what's the problem with a little walk at your resort!!!
People can flame me too, because I agree with you completely. Although, there may be an upside to this; it might make it easier for me to book our room for next April if people aren't staying in the LM area because of the walk.

Kimbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #26
BlondeJungleBookFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

For me...I have a disability and will be renting a scooter for the parks. That's why I asked.
5th Cruise:
Old 06-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #27
Kimbysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeJungleBookFan View Post
For me...I have a disability and will be renting a scooter for the parks. That's why I asked.
I hope you don't think my response to Eliza32's post was inappropriate or rude towards you. I just meant it towards able-bodied guests. I know that she did too, and I hate how things can get misconstrued on the internet .

Kimbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #28
BlondeJungleBookFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbysmom View Post
I hope you don't think my response to Eliza32's post was inappropriate or rude towards you. I just meant it towards able-bodied guests. I know that she did too, and I hate how things can get misconstrued on the internet .
Not a problem and thank you
5th Cruise:
Old 06-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #29
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbysmom View Post
People can flame me too, because I agree with you completely. Although, there may be an upside to this; it might make it easier for me to book our room for next April if people aren't staying in the LM area because of the walk.
That's my thought as well. Last year we stayed in the 70s facing the lake at Pop, so not quite as long a walk as the 90s but still a nice stroll. I really noticed it seemed like about 15 miles in the evenings when we would get back to the resort, walk to our room, walk BACK to Classic Hall to fill our mugs, walk back to the room...all on sore tired blistered feet.

By the way, get some ice and fill your tub with cold ice water, and sit on the edge and soak your feet. I did that many times and it helped so much when my feet were sore. Hopefully I'll be 40 pounds lighter our next trip and that will help too...

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #30
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

I am curious in the distance as well. We are looking to book next year. We will do POFQ, but our daughter wants the LM room so we will probably do a couple of days there. I am curioius for the distance as my husband has a medical condition so while he would do it, I would prefer to keep the extra distance to a minimum.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: