Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #856
Beka
Goes to 11
 
Beka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
So, you all have sold me. I am ready to go now. And, I avoid wearing a tie work, and I'm even ready to put it on for V & A. Now, I just have to convince DW who thinks it is ridiculous to spend that much money on dinner. And, yes, I am doing the wine.

DO IT! And DH didn't wear a tie, just a button up shirt & jacket. It's not just dinner, it's an EXPERIENCE.
go cats!
__________________
Celebrating 10 years together, a Victoria & Albert's review

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
_____________________________________________
Kyle & me DS DS Matches Booger
RIP, Papa. Thanks for introducing the love of Disney!
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #857
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka View Post
DO IT! And DH didn't wear a tie, just a button up shirt & jacket. It's not just dinner, it's an EXPERIENCE.
go cats!
I don't have to wear a tie? That is even better news. I'm in.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #858
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner
 
DrGaellon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yonkers NY
Posts: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I don't have to wear a tie? That is even better news. I'm in.
Sports jacket or suit jacket yes, tie no.
__________________
GayDays visits: 2002 (CBR), 2006 (Regal Sun), 2007 (Regal Sun), 2008 (WGL), 2009 (WGL), 2010 (WGL), 2011 (WGTC)
Other WDW visits: Jul 1983 (motel), Dec 2006 (motel), Dec 2008 (WGL), Jan 2010 (WGL), Oct 2012 (WGTC), Mar 2013 (WGTC), Dec 2013 (WGTC), Apr 2014 (WGTC)
DrGaellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #859
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,210

Has anyone not liked the Chef's Table? I only ask because when DH and I were talking about this he said he thought we might enjoy the QVR more because he was worried that the Chef's Table would be distracting or just too much (I am not sure exactly what he means). Anyone who would not do the Chef's Table if they had the chance?
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #860
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka View Post
DO IT! And DH didn't wear a tie, just a button up shirt & jacket. It's not just dinner, it's an EXPERIENCE.
go cats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
Sports jacket or suit jacket yes, tie no.
Thanks. I searched today and there is a reservation opening for our Fall trip. We would have to cancel Fulton's that day, and I really enjoy the king crab claws there, but I'm sure V&A would have a great seafood selection. Now, to convince DW.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #861
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if they do a vegetarian option? Like a chef's table vegetable tasting?

The menus are nearly entirely meat, which isn't that unusual but there are chefs that are accomodating and more and happily will do a veg tasting or menu.

Given the calling to check and personalization, just wondering if anyone had done that.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #862
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,457

There is a vegetarian menu. http://victoria-alberts.com/pdf/vegmenuf.pdf Also, you can substitute from the regular menu for some courses.
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #863
ChristineNic
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middleburg, FL
Posts: 324

subbing

I have been wanting to go to V&A's for years. In the 14 years we have been together, DH has worn a jacket to dinner only three times and under protest (all three were for my work holiday dinners). Because of the dress code, I never even suggested V&A's because I thought that I could not convice DH to wear a dinner jacket on vacation.

The other night, DH asked me why I never suggested V&A's. He saw something on TV about it and he wants to go.

I'm not sure when we will go, but we will get to V&A's by the end of the year.
ChristineNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #864
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney
 
dburg30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 6,954

Reading thru this again I REALLY want to do V&A's but I want to do either QVR or CT (which that CT I understand is a 1 in a million chance). So for my wife and myself, would be between 700 and 800 from what I can tell for food, both wine pairings and tax and tip.. (700 if we split a pairing and 8 if we both got).. Guess I need to really start saving the nickels to do that.. Unless someone just feels like sending my wife and myself on a magical dinner when we go in Dec lol..

One of these days..
__________________
Join me for a recap of the 2014 DOPEY 4 race challenge on facebook at Darrell Goes Dopey!
dburg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #865
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
There is a vegetarian menu. http://victoria-alberts.com/pdf/vegmenuf.pdf Also, you can substitute from the regular menu for some courses.
Oh, cool, thanks! Not particularly creative-sounding, but it's not that expensive either (speaking from the land of Per Se, heh).
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #866
ctnurse
DIS Veteran
 
ctnurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
Has anyone not liked the Chef's Table? I only ask because when DH and I were talking about this he said he thought we might enjoy the QVR more because he was worried that the Chef's Table would be distracting or just too much (I am not sure exactly what he means). Anyone who would not do the Chef's Table if they had the chance?
DBF and I ate in the QVR and loved it. The QVR is very romantic, we sat right by the fireplace and very much enjoyed the experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Reading thru this again I REALLY want to do V&A's but I want to do either QVR or CT (which that CT I understand is a 1 in a million chance). So for my wife and myself, would be between 700 and 800 from what I can tell for food, both wine pairings and tax and tip.. (700 if we split a pairing and 8 if we both got).. Guess I need to really start saving the nickels to do that.. Unless someone just feels like sending my wife and myself on a magical dinner when we go in Dec lol..

One of these days..
That sounds about right for price. It is a lot of food, but so fantastic. We both had the wine pairing and they were very generous with the pours. We talked about trying the main dining room next time just because there was so much food.
__________________

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #867
Beka
Goes to 11
 
Beka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Thanks. I searched today and there is a reservation opening for our Fall trip. We would have to cancel Fulton's that day, and I really enjoy the king crab claws there, but I'm sure V&A would have a great seafood selection. Now, to convince DW.
You can get crab claws anywhere! V&As... only one place for that!
__________________
Celebrating 10 years together, a Victoria & Albert's review

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
_____________________________________________
Kyle & me DS DS Matches Booger
RIP, Papa. Thanks for introducing the love of Disney!
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #868
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka View Post
You can get crab claws anywhere! V&As... only one place for that!
Well, in KY, I can't get crab claws anywhere, but I get your point. DW said we could go for our 15th anniversary, but that means 3 more years. I'll keep working on her.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #869
Beka
Goes to 11
 
Beka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Well, in KY, I can't get crab claws anywhere, but I get your point. DW said we could go for our 15th anniversary, but that means 3 more years. I'll keep working on her.
Red Lobster? Ok, so not GOOD crab claws... Probably more catfish than anything there.. Mmmmmm catfish.... Now I'm homesick for BBQ & fried catfish. KY has great food.
__________________
Celebrating 10 years together, a Victoria & Albert's review

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
_____________________________________________
Kyle & me DS DS Matches Booger
RIP, Papa. Thanks for introducing the love of Disney!
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #870
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen
 
NejTheLion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
Has anyone not liked the Chef's Table? I only ask because when DH and I were talking about this he said he thought we might enjoy the QVR more because he was worried that the Chef's Table would be distracting or just too much (I am not sure exactly what he means). Anyone who would not do the Chef's Table if they had the chance?
I like the option of the QVR because it does lend itself to the more romantic atmosphere of the dining room while still feeling private. You also have additional tableside service during a few of the courses, all while getting a menu comparable to the Chef's Table.

However, I would never pass up an opportunity to dine at the Chef's Table. Much more interaction with Chef Scott and/or Chef Amy that you can't have in the QVR. When you say "distracting" or "too much," I assume your DH is referring to the kind of kitchen atmosphere you see on television. Not even going to the extremes of Hell's Kitchen, most cooking reality shows present a high-stress, fast-paced environment. This is not the case at all at V&A. It's remarkably calm and completely ordered, but fascinating if you're interested in cooking. I think the most shocking thing we saw in the two times we've dined there was Chef Scott emptying a dish into the trash because he didn't like how it turned out. No yelling, just simply a need for a redo.
__________________
Jen


Next Trip: Podcast Cruise 5.0

Only took 83 nights with DCL to become Platinum*1st Panama Canal Cruise 2005*1st Mediterranean Cruise 2007*1st Baltic Cruise 2010*Podcast Cruise 2.0*Disney Dream Maiden Voyage 2011*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Jul-Aug 2011*Podcast Cruise 3.0*DIS Unplugged ABD London/Paris 2012*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Dec 2013*Podcast Cruise 5.0
NejTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Target Savings Thread Whitty Budget Board 1016 04-18-2011 04:52 PM
Disney Picture of the Day Thread - June 12, 2009 WeatherbySwann Theme Parks Community 3744 02-01-2010 06:48 PM
The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread MiaSRN62 DVC-Mousecellaneous 1502 01-18-2010 07:38 PM
8/15/09-Eastern-Tortola Treasure Seekers:Kids thread AL'N'STEVE Disney Cruise Meets 221 08-22-2009 06:47 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3231 08-02-2009 12:39 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: