Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #211
LazyDaisy
Mouseketeer

They really couldn't get a bit more creative than Duffy? For goodness' sakes...
Old 06-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #212
tambam500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agame2323 View Post
Great insight! Thanks! May I ask how long did partake eating everyday? For example did you start at 11am and by 3pm you were full? Or is this something that you need an entire day to enjoy?
We definately started at 11 and then walked around and ate and drank for a few hours. I would say like 11-2 or 3...then we would go ride soarin or test track or take a break at the hotel to cool off. We didn't get terribly full fast cause you waited in lines/walked from place to place and really everything was very small portions. there was never a point where i was stuffed but i also wasn't hungry for a whole meal at any point.

I think if you plan to do the world showcase early and schedule your other evens for late afternoon and eve it would work out well.
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #213
SeattleSuz
DIS Veteran

So, I saw pictures of previous ones, will there be an Australia booth this year, does anyone know?? When I saw the photo of he menu from last year, it had me excited that I could get a Lamington while we are there.... I'm excited to go for the first time!

Suz (40) DH-Matt (39) DD-Ariel (6)
SeattleSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #214
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSuz View Post
So, I saw pictures of previous ones, will there be an Australia booth this year, does anyone know?? When I saw the photo of he menu from last year, it had me excited that I could get a Lamington while we are there.... I'm excited to go for the first time!
Yes, there will be an Australia booth. The Disney Parks Blog has already mentioned it in one of its earlier posts about the Festival. I don't know if they've said anything about whether the Lamington is returning, though.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #215
Naima1922
WDW=JOY! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambam500 View Post
We definately started at 11 and then walked around and ate and drank for a few hours. I would say like 11-2 or 3...then we would go ride soarin or test track or take a break at the hotel to cool off. We didn't get terribly full fast cause you waited in lines/walked from place to place and really everything was very small portions. there was never a point where i was stuffed but i also wasn't hungry for a whole meal at any point.

I think if you plan to do the world showcase early and schedule your other evens for late afternoon and eve it would work out well.
What an excellent tip! Thanks so much! This will be our first F&W! Whoo-hoo!!

Naima1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #216
Naima1922

F & W 2nd Weekend

We have NEVER been to this event before. Has anyone every been to the Food and Wine Festival on the 2nd weekend? We will be going on the weekend of October 5th... and we have a BUNCH of questions:

1. Just wondering how hard it is to get the different foods and really enjoy the World Showcase during that time.

2. I heard that foods are available at different kiosks...about how much does it cost to eat at each place?

3. Are the concerts like "Fantasmic" (at Hollywood Studios) where you have to get there at least 30 minutes in advance?

Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #217
mbtohill
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naima1922 View Post
We have NEVER been to this event before. Has anyone every been to the Food and Wine Festival on the 2nd weekend? We will be going on the weekend of October 5th... and we have a BUNCH of questions:

1. Just wondering how hard it is to get the different foods and really enjoy the World Showcase during that time.

2. I heard that foods are available at different kiosks...about how much does it cost to eat at each place?

3. Are the concerts like "Fantasmic" (at Hollywood Studios) where you have to get there at least 30 minutes in advance?

Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1. Weekends are certainly more crowded than during the week, you will have to wait for certain foods, recommend getting to World Showcase early.

2. The food costs vary from $3 to $8 or $9 if I remember correctly. Small bites, but delicious stuff.

3. As far as the concerts go, if you want a seat in the American Gardens Theater then YES you do have to get in line really early. However, if you just want to HEAR the music and not worry about lines, sit across the walkway outside the American Pavilion and enjoy the music without the hassle.
Beach Club - May '12, May '14
Swan & Dolphin - Oct/11, Oct/12 Food & Wine
Beach Club - Oct '13 Food & Wine
Swan - Dec '13
Next Visit- Swan Oct '14 for Food & Wine

Me 47, DW 43, DD 13, DD 11
mbtohill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #218
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
You say you are going on a weekend. Unless the weather is really bad, this is how it will go. Friday morning from about 11 to 3 will be fine. After that it will start getting crowded. By the evening it will be slammed. Saturday will be totally slammed from about noon on. Get there when they open. The lines at the kiosks will look deceptively long but will move rather quickly - however, by afternoon there will be enormous crowds of people and lines for EVERYTHING in WS including the bathrooms. Sunday will be a little better, but weekdays Mon-Thurs are the most uncrowded days.

Quote:
I heard that foods are available at different kiosks...about how much does it cost to eat at each place?
The samples cost between $3 and $8 for food. Some alcoholic beverages may be more than that. Each kiosk will have about 3 or 4 food options. Desserts tend to be the least expensive. Last year there were 28 separate kiosks.

Quote:
Are the concerts like "Fantasmic" (at Hollywood Studios) where you have to get there at least 30 minutes in advance?
Actually Fantasmic without the dinner package requires about an hour in advance.

They open the theater about 30 minutes before each concert at Epcot. There will be a line that has formed to get in. If the performer is very popular, the line may be down into Germany. Can't say you wouldn't get a seat if you got in line right when they open the theater but you won't be down in front and probably not under the overhang (meaning you'll be sitting in the sun at the earlier concerts if that's OK with you). With some of the concerts you will be able to walk in right when it's starting and get a seat, with others you will need to get there earlier, with some a good bit earlier. There's also standing room at the back of the theater on the walking path.

If you don't care whether you see the concert and can do with just hearing, you can hear from anywhere in the America pavilion and pretty much to the outskirts of Japan or Italy.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 06-29-2012 at 08:02 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #219
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
The dessert trio was definatly different last year then what was offered in 2010. They can never seem to have a really great selection though. I always get the trio to try, and there's usually only one I really like and the other two are eh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa View Post
That's the way it is for me too. I'm finally learning that I should just get one dessert and a glass of champagne at that booth. Last year I liked the lemon chiffon dessert, thought the tres leches thing was okay, and skipped the chocolate one completely.
Looks like this will be the Dessert Trio this year:

Dessert Trio from Desserts & Champagne:
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake, Raspberries and Pomegranate
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel
Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote

I don't know about chili in my Chocolate Mousse and I don't do yogurt anything since it doesn't agree with me. So I definitely won't be purchasing the trio. I may try the Mousse, hopefully it won't be spicy. And the Lemon one sounds good to me. Maybe that was one of the choices a few years ago?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #220
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrit2000 View Post
Looks like this will be the Dessert Trio this year:

Dessert Trio from Desserts & Champagne:
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake, Raspberries and Pomegranate
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel
Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote

I don't know about chili in my Chocolate Mousse and I don't do yogurt anything since it doesn't agree with me. So I definitely won't be purchasing the trio. I may try the Mousse, hopefully it won't be spicy. And the Lemon one sounds good to me. Maybe that was one of the choices a few years ago?
I think that between my partner and I, we'll actually enjoy the whole trio this year. I don't care for chocolate, but I like the chocolate/chili combination enough to give it a taste. We'll probably both like the panna cotta and I know I'll enjoy the lemon custard.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #221
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post

Oh no. pleeeze don't turn the festival into a sales vehicle for Duffy. and the LE pins have Duffy on them too. stop with the Duffy already.

+ 1 I've never been to F&W and while that bear is cute and all, I hope he's not the main attraction and on all of the merchandise.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #222
Naima1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtohill View Post
1. Weekends are certainly more crowded than during the week, you will have to wait for certain foods, recommend getting to World Showcase early.

2. The food costs vary from $3 to $8 or $9 if I remember correctly. Small bites, but delicious stuff.

3. As far as the concerts go, if you want a seat in the American Gardens Theater then YES you do have to get in line really early. However, if you just want to HEAR the music and not worry about lines, sit across the walkway outside the American Pavilion and enjoy the music without the hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You say you are going on a weekend. Unless the weather is really bad, this is how it will go. Friday morning from about 11 to 3 will be fine. After that it will start getting crowded. By the evening it will be slammed. Saturday will be totally slammed from about noon on. Get there when they open. The lines at the kiosks will look deceptively long but will move rather quickly - however, by afternoon there will be enormous crowds of people and lines for EVERYTHING in WS including the bathrooms. Sunday will be a little better, but weekdays Mon-Thurs are the most uncrowded days.

The samples cost between $3 and $8 for food. Some alcoholic beverages may be more than that. Each kiosk will have about 3 or 4 food options. Desserts tend to be the least expensive. Last year there were 28 separate kiosks.

Actually Fantasmic without the dinner package requires about an hour in advance.

They open the theater about 30 minutes before each concert at Epcot. There will be a line that has formed to get in. If the performer is very popular, the line may be down into Germany. Can't say you wouldn't get a seat if you got in line right when they open the theater but you won't be down in front and probably not under the overhang (meaning you'll be sitting in the sun at the earlier concerts if that's OK with you). With some of the concerts you will be able to walk in right when it's starting and get a seat, with others you will need to get there earlier, with some a good bit earlier. There's also standing room at the back of the theater on the walking path.

If you don't care whether you see the concert and can do with just hearing, you can hear from anywhere in the America pavilion and pretty much to the outskirts of Japan or Italy.
Thank you BOTH for your excellent responses! This helps a TON! Based on your responses, we have chosen to go on the last day of our trip (Monday). It may be a little easier for us to navigate!

Old 06-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #223
MissScarlet
Mouseketeer

We are flying in on Nov 12th, the last day of the festival and thinking of going for a couple hours that evening since we have never been. Do all the booths stay open until the park closes on the last day? Do they ever run out of items at the very end?
MissScarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #224
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

I got about halfway through the thread so I hope this hasn't been asked. Could someone tell me about the crowd levels weekdays/ weekends, nights versus days? I have a friend who is thinking about avoiding the park altogether because her dh has pain while walking. They will not be doing the wine festiville events just strolling Epcot should they be worried or is it like the flower show in May where crowds are manageable? Thanks!

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #225
marinadca
Earning My Ears

This is going to be our 2nd trip to Disney and first food and wine festival. We will be going from the 26th-29th in October. So we will be there on a Saturday/Sunday. Cannot wait!
marinadca is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: