Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #31
Goofy559
Cruise Junkie

Jackie, that is correct. We took over ooh la last with our group. The person leading was fabulous and a great sport...we had a few guys in our group. They had to wear feather boas and tiaras....even the sommelier wore one! We topped it off with a photo on the grand staircase with Princess Tiana....we were the talk of the ship and I think thdywere finding pink feathers all week!

Disney Cast Member 1985 (Canadian Pavillion at Epcot) and 20+ Disney World visits
MV Britnannis 1982 no stabilizers!, MV Bolero -- Transatlantic -- 1991 and A bunch of others with my dad , Carnival 3-night Bahamas 2004, Disney Magic W Carib 2005, 2007, 2009, Med 2010, Sun Princess S Carib 2006, Adventure of the Seas S Carib 2008, Coral Princess Alaska 2008, Wonder 3-day bounceback 2009, Diamond Princess 16 night SE Asia Mar 2010, Disney Dream MV - Jan 2011, Allure of the Seas - Mar 2011, Disney Dream June 2011, Disney Fantasy MV - Mar 2012, Magic to Canada -Aug 2012, Wonder - California Oct 2012, Fantasy to San Juan - Mar 2013, Royal Princess MV - 21 days in Europe

[
Goofy559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #32
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Maiden Voyage Champagne Girls picture:

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #33
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy559 View Post
Jackie, that is correct. We took over ooh la last with our group. The person leading was fabulous and a great sport...we had a few guys in our group. They had to wear feather boas and tiaras....even the sommelier wore one! We topped it off with a photo on the grand staircase with Princess Tiana....we were the talk of the ship and I think thdywere finding pink feathers all week!

I have left quite a few pink feathers behind at our CG events as well. hahaha.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #34
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

I have left quite a few pink feathers behind at our CG events as well. hahaha.

EllaEnchanted, I think we are on the same NYC - Canada cruise in September. We are cruising out of NYC on September 7th. Please, please, please let me know if you are going to do one of these events. This is the first time I have heard about this and I would be so interested in attending. I am already picking out my pink outfit.

Thanks so much.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #35
triciari
DIS Veteran

So cute!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #36
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
EllaEnchanted, I think we are on the same NYC - Canada cruise in September. We are cruising out of NYC on September 7th. Please, please, please let me know if you are going to do one of these events. This is the first time I have heard about this and I would be so interested in attending. I am already picking out my pink outfit.

Thanks so much.

Linda

Hi Linda, YES we are on the same cruise out of NYC going to Canada on Sept 7th. But unfortunately, I'm not doing a Champagne Girls tasting on that cruise. I just did one on the Hawaii cruise with 95 ladies. It was very expensive and a lot of work. I had fun and it was worth it, but since this is only a 5 night cruise, I wanted to just enjoy the cruise without the worry about hosting a big party. I'm so sorry to disappoint you. Maybe we can meet and go to Diversions or Sessisons and order some champagne by the glass and wear pink and have an informal party. What do you think?

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 06-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #37
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear there will not be an official event on the Canadian cruise but I totally understand about you wanting to relax on this cruise. I am sure your events are fun but alot of work. I would love to meet up for a drink (I will still wear something pink too).

Looking forward to this cruise and meeting you.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #38
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
Sorry to hear there will not be an official event on the Canadian cruise but I totally understand about you wanting to relax on this cruise. I am sure your events are fun but alot of work. I would love to meet up for a drink (I will still wear something pink too).

Looking forward to this cruise and meeting you.

Linda
You could always host the event if you'd like to. I'll give you all the info and then I'll just come to your event.

Thanks for understanding about my not wanting to do another one on this cruise. It's a short cruise. My last one on the Hawaii cruise had 95 ladies. It was a lot of work and a lot of money. I just want to chill on this cruise and not worry about anything.

I would love to wear pink and meet for some champagne drinks too. What is your stateroom number? Mine is 5122. I'll call you and we can plan something once onboard.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 06-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #39
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you're a Champagne Girl, you might want to have a pair of these:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/94977923...e-girls-dangle

Oh man, I'm going to HAVE to get me some of those!!!

P.S. I have that same Mickey Hand, it holds my IPhone at work!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #40
jenandjuice
Mouseketeer

Love this idea...so fun!
jenandjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #41
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

I have been getting a lot of requests for information about hosting a Champagne Girls event. So I thought I would post it here for everyone to share.

There’s two ways you can do this.....having DCL organize it for you OR organize it yourself, but you have to buy DCL champagne. I organized it myself, but the maiden voyage of the Fantasy had a CG tasting also but they let DCL organize it.

I request a room onboard about a month before sailing.

Here's my contact at DCL:

David.T.Gadson
Group Services & Sales Manager
Disney Cruise Line
Phone: 407 566-7043
Fax: 407 566-7739
David.T.Gadson@disney.com

DCL made a new rule, no money can exchange hands onboard. So I had to ask everyone to pay in advance. They sent me checks and used paypal. It helped offset the total cost somewhat, but I still paid for a good portion of the bill. I also provide pink feather boas and pink feathered tiaras so everyone can match. Everyone must wear pink. Then we take a group picture.

When I get onboard, I meet with someone that David told me to contact in Food and Beverages and order my champagne for the event. I request a sommelier to discuss the champagnes that we’re drinking. I ask for tables to be set up for check in. I give everyone a name badge and ask them to take a boa and tiara.

If you want DCL to pick the champagne and have a sommelier discuss the champagnes......they will ask for a list of all the ladies and their SR #s. They will charge each person $20 on their KTTW card.

A third choice would be If you all choose to bring your own champagne, DCL will charge you a corking fee of $20 per bottle.

It’s entirely up to you as to how you want to organize it. Everyone who does one, does it differently. This was my 4th time doing it and it has been different each time. Others have done them their own way on other cruises that I was not on.

I hope this helps get you started. Pick a way that you want to do yours and have fun with it. That’s the whole point of it.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Last edited by EllaEnchanted; 07-01-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #42
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Calling all Champagne Girls anyone who wants to do so may copy the CG's logos in my signature. Add them to your signature if you'd like because now you're officially a CG too!!! CHAMPAGNE GIRLS RULE!!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 07-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #43
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Deb,

Thank you so much! I've also copied down the contact info as Scrappy_Tink and I are going to organize an event on our Fantasy cruise in November '13.

We are going to have so much fun!!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #44
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Deb,

Thank you so much! I've also copied down the contact info as Scrappy_Tink and I are going to organize an event on our Fantasy cruise in November '13.

We are going to have so much fun!!

I LOVE it Holly. You'll see how much more fun bubbly parties can be when you're wearing all pink with boas and tiaras. Have a blast and post pictures on here.

......Maybe me and/or a few of the originals will book your cruise and join you in your party. It sounds like too much fun to resist. hahaha!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 07-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #45
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:

......Maybe me and/or a few of the originals will book your cruise and join you in your party. It sounds like too much fun to resist. hahaha!!!
Oh, we'd LOVE that!

BTW, I live near the Mouse!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: