Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
WOW!!!!! I'm flattered that my little get together to do a champagne tasting like girly girls has grown this far. I LOVE IT!!!!!

I have done 3 tastings so far but I know that many others have been done on cruises that I have not sailed on. My next one is going to be on the first Hawaii cruise. We're wearing pink Leis and pink flowers in our hair that I'm providing.

It's really up to one person or two to organize it. Then you can determine how much or how little you want to put into it. For example, I always provide the pink boas and tiaras. At other CG tastings everyone brought their own. You pick whatever works for you and your group. I can copy my way of doing it and you can decide how you want to do it after reading. Any questions, I'll check back here and be happy to answer them. Here's a copy of my current event:

CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.....CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.......CHAMPAGNE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling all the Champagne Girls.....I'm about to make an announcement:

I will be co-hosting a Champagne Girls Tasting, along with my co-host and co-originator Mandy UK/angel, for women only on the Hawaiian cruise. Every adult woman is invited. You don't have to drink champagne to attend, but it certainly doesn't hurt if you do.

Here's how it works when I do it:

I request a room from DCL. I order a variety of champagne from DCL. I put it on my bill. All the ladies attending are required to wear pink. Pink leis and pink flowers for your hair will be provided for everyone to wear. We will take a group picture that will be very pink. We will "taste," "drink," "guzzle" and consume all the champagne while discussing it and many other things. It's a fun, fun way to spend two hours on a sea day.

We have a mascot, Sassy Bubbles, who is attending and will be dressed as a pink tink. We have ladies who won't drink any champagne, they are honorary members and can attend without any charge. We have ladies who will just have a little champagne and not all of the varieties, they are the sippers and will be charged $5 cash to attend. We have ladies who are drinkers/guzzlers and will drink all the various champagnes offered, they are the tasters and will be charged $10 cash to attend. I collect some money to offset part of the costs to me. In no way does it cover all of my expenses, but I prefer to offer it at a minimal price so that many more ladies will be able to attend. I always say, "the more the merrier."

If you are interested in attending please post on page one of the spreadsheet on this thread....look for the tab, tell me your name, stateroom number and category preference.....honorary member, sipper or taster.....so I can determine how much champagne I need to order.

That's it. Our first tasting was done in 2008, the second in 2009 and the third in 2011 on the first Alaskan. Since then more Champagne Girls Tastings have been done by others that attended, not by me. Personally, I think they stole the name PINK for the Champagne Bar on the DREAM from us. hahaha.

I'll post some pictures soon.

Who'd have thought our little idea would still be going and be so popular, Deb! Heres to The Champagne Girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I am hoping that on the "rumored" WBTA in 2013 - we'll do a Champagne Girls thing!

It's all in hand, don't worry!

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

UKangel and I formed this idea five years ago. Who knew it would have it's own thread all this time later.

I'm very flattered, as I'm sure you are too Angel.

We started this out because we are girly girls and decided to have an all girls champagne tasting. But there are no rules here. I do it my way, you can do it your way. Whatever works for you is what you should do.

I LOVE that Daisy Duck is an unofficial honorary member of the Champagne Girls.

Keep the party going Ladies......Angel and I love it!!!!

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Deb - so cute - I love that Daisy has "joined" us

I clink my glass to you - now back to the game !
Old 03-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

If you're a Champagne Girl, you might want to have a pair of these:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/94977923...e-girls-dangle

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #20
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

OOOH I love it! I am a very girly girl.. I have the perfect tiara for this..
Anyone doing this on Sept 8th Fantasy cruise?? LOL
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #21
budbeerlady
I call DH The STREAK!!
Sorry honey, no world series tonight, Poo Watch 2006 is going on!

This sounds so fun! I wish there was one on our upcoming cruise!
Nov 2013 1st Disney Run * Oct 2012 Dream'n Again * Oct 2011 Dd Birthday Cruise* Dec 2010 its all family! *August 2009 ASMu * Nov. 2008 Girls Trip POP * Aug 2008 CBR * Oct. 2007 POP for DD Birthday Trip * Dec. 2006 AKL * Dec. 2005 POFQ for 1st Family Trip* http://stretchingittotravel.wordpress.com/

budbeerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #22
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

A pink wardrobe, a sparkling tiara AND a flute...filled with tiny bubbles?
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
A pink wardrobe, a sparkling tiara AND a flute...filled with tiny bubbles?

That's all you need.....then you take a picture and put it in a pink frame in your bar. hahaha.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

This was my 4th Champagne Girls tasting that I hosted on the April Hawaii cruise. We had 95 ladies attending.

We also had "cabana boys" to pour our champagne for us. Here they are with our Mascot, Sassy Bubbles.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #25
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing!

Cruise # 13 - Magic - February 22, 2015
Cruise # 14 - Fantasy - February 13, 2016 - Tortola

Disney Wonder - 2000 Nassau, 2001 Nassau, Freeport, 2011 Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan
Disney Magic - 2002 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John 2003 Western Mystery cruise, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, 2004 Western, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2007 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, 2009 Eastern, St Croix, St Thomas 2010 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John
Disney Dream -2012 Nassau
Disney Fantasy - 2013 Eastern, St Thomas, San Juan 2014 Western, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica
Disneyland Hotel, Fort Wilderness Home, Yacht and Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movie, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, Art of Animation
plutojudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #26
Trekker
I've gone to find myself,
if I get back before I return,
make me stay here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutojudy View Post
!
Hi Judy

We never seem to get on the same schedule for cruising!

Trekker is Ron from Dreams Unlimited Travel

Questions? Email me at ron@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #27
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

As an original member, I've enjoyed the BIG EVENTS so much. I've also done a couple of modest 'meets' where we showed up in PINK (on the Dream) in our boas and tiarras and just ordered from the bar menu. Plan to do this again at Oh La La! on the Fantasy in December.

I understand, on the Fantasy Maiden Voyage, DCL determined that they would do a 'tasting' for that group and set it up just like a martini/wine tasting and everyone paid like they would for the regular ones.(but it was just the CG group that was at the event). If anyone was there and could clarify on that it would be appreciated.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #28
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
As an original member, I've enjoyed the BIG EVENTS so much. I've also done a couple of modest 'meets' where we showed up in PINK (on the Dream) in our boas and tiarras and just ordered from the bar menu. Plan to do this again at Oh La La! on the Fantasy in December.

I understand, on the Fantasy Maiden Voyage, DCL determined that they would do a 'tasting' for that group and set it up just like a martini/wine tasting and everyone paid like they would for the regular ones.(but it was just the CG group that was at the event). If anyone was there and could clarify on that it would be appreciated.

Jackie, this was posted by Terrie on 3/8/12. She is the one who organized the CG on the Fantasy maiden voyage. They held it in Oh La La and men were included. Here's what she had to say:

Oh La La does look like it will be fun and goes perfectly with a PCG meet on the Fantasy. The men are all being good natured about it and ribbing each other about feather boas, tiaras and wearing pink I think it should make for an interesting picture in the end

We initially had 65 sign up. Of those 15 or so were men. Sippers $5 and Guzzlers $10. I requested DCL to charge my stateroom for everything. When DCL got back to me they said our max was 40-50. They said they would require a guest list by 3/26 (we sail 3/31) with cabin numbers for each participant and they would charge $20 per person no cancellations, non refundable even if they don't show. They have not told me what the $20 per person includes or doesn't include. I have sent an e-mail back for clarification. I was told they did the same thing on the WBTA cruise.

I know we will have a blast! I am really looking forward to it and so are the rest of the "girls"

Then Bev/Dylan'sMom wrote:

I was on the wbta & this was the option we were given as well. It included a private venue with free pouring of 4 different types of champagne/sparkling wine for one hour.

So you could have DCL conduct it and charge $20 per person on their KTTW cards and just go with their flow....... OR you can go as a small group to Oh La La and just have everyone pick their own by the glass. Whatever works for you and your group.

I hope this helps.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Last edited by EllaEnchanted; 06-28-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #29
Goofy559
Cruise Junkie

Jackie, that is correct. We took over ooh la last with our group. The person leading was fabulous and a great sport...we had a few guys in our group. They had to wear feather boas and tiaras....even the sommelier wore one! We topped it off with a photo on the grand staircase with Princess Tiana....we were the talk of the ship and I think thdywere finding pink feathers all week!

Disney Cast Member 1985 (Canadian Pavillion at Epcot) and 20+ Disney World visits
MV Britnannis 1982 no stabilizers!, MV Bolero -- Transatlantic -- 1991 and A bunch of others with my dad , Carnival 3-night Bahamas 2004, Disney Magic W Carib 2005, 2007, 2009, Med 2010, Sun Princess S Carib 2006, Adventure of the Seas S Carib 2008, Coral Princess Alaska 2008, Wonder 3-day bounceback 2009, Diamond Princess 16 night SE Asia Mar 2010, Disney Dream MV - Jan 2011, Allure of the Seas - Mar 2011, Disney Dream June 2011, Disney Fantasy MV - Mar 2012, Magic to Canada -Aug 2012, Wonder - California Oct 2012, Fantasy to San Juan - Mar 2013, Royal Princess MV - 21 days in Europe

[
Goofy559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #30
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Here's a question I had asked Terrie:

That is different. We're not doing it that way. I'm collecting cash at the door and putting it on my stateroom bill. Did you pick out your own champagne? I always do that. Maybe because you're in the champagne bar? No matter what, you're going to have an awesome time. I can't wait to see your pictures. Have fun!!!!!!

Here's her reply:

I know. i requested putting it on my stateroom bill and planned to collect at the door. I am not being given that option Maybe it is because they put us in the champagne bar. Not sure. I am just happy they are accommodating us Nope they said the champagne selection will be done by the on board beverage team. I agree! I think we will have a blast no matter what! I will definteily share pictures with your group here. Thank you again for everything!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: