Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
tinx35124
Earning My Ears

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC_Dreamer View Post
You'll have to be patient. Day 4 will cover our transfer to BWV.
I'll compare/contrast BLT and BWV.

I will tell you that we had a quiet pool view and not Boardwalk view.

I haven't had a chance yet to fix my ticker. I've got too much trip report happiness to report.
Oh I didn't mean your ticker...reading that back I guess it sounds that way. I was talking about my ticker and my newbieness (my made up word).
Old 06-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #17
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Day 2 - First full day, 8 am EPCOT

Happy Father's Day!

I sleep really good at WDW. Especially, in a 2 bedroom with a master suite, king size bed. DW and I even commented on how comfortable the pillows are.

DW and I are always the first out of bed. We were in room 7502 which is in the farthest end of the North wing. It's the longest walk you can have but we're on the 5th floor which is on the sky bridge to CR. I enjoy walking down to the cafe for a coffee and/or breakfast early in the morning. WDW is always "Open For Business" it seems. With the extra magic hours, it seems there's always activity at all hours. Mornings are not super busy but there are people and monorails running.

What a beautiful start to the day and week !!! Can you believe this beautiful picture, spot and weather? It's awesome !!!

By dvc_dreamer at 2012-06-27

This view is from the sky bridge looking along CR and WL in the distance. On this morning, I witnessed large hot air balloons. You can barely see them in this picture because I didn't have my camera with me on my first trip for coffee. Mistake #2 (Long line at BTM was #1) I had to get back to room for camera and by that time the balloons had traveled away a bit.

Panorama from sky bridge with monorail included.

Close up of castle

Everybody is up and getting ready for rope drop at EPCOT. We need to make monorail for 8am.

Hi Mickey waffle head breakfast and yummy croissant egg sandwiches. Oh yeah, Hi to you too, "kids". "Are you comfortable in our beautiful suite? Nice kitchen, right?"

Hurray! EPCOT

The line was long getting in even by leaving at 8am. We miss character rope drop.
Guess we have time for a picture.

DD runs for FP for Soarin'. We meet her at entrance and get in line to ride. DS comments, "Why do we get FP and ride? We never end up using the FP." We mock and make fun of him. In the end, he was right. But, the people we gave our FP's to were happy.

CM in line at EPCOT told us no yawning allowed today at EPCOT. We break that law early in line for Soarin.

Kids go to Mission Space and I see my favorite car displayed out in front of Test Track. Test Track is down for refurb. There's a singing group blocking my access to my car. I enjoy them while DW goes to bathroom.
When singing is over, I take over my car.

Don't I deserve one of these babies? Looks good on me, right?

While waiting for Mission Space ride to end, we catch Jammitors. They're great and award us "Junior Jammitors" stickers at end of their performance.

Next, we head back over to The Seas and do clam boat ride. I really wanted to spend some time in the aquarium. We get a little time because it's hard to satisfy what eight people want to do. At this time in trip, we're sticking together.
Here's the Manatee's frolicking in the tank. They're so cute and cuddly. They roll around each other, hug and kiss. I'm not kidding. Go check them out some time.

It's 11am. You know what that means? World Showcase is open!
We must be first in line for margarita.
Our traditional picture in our favorite place with our favorite drink. All say, aahhh...

Lunch - Nachos

22 year old carrying on the tradition.

Extra happy - #2 margarita.

We finally purchase a couple small Animal Fantastico's at Mexico pavilion. DW loves these little wooden carved creatures. I'm glad she finally gets some. Here she's telling the artists how much she loves them.

After the boat ride, I notice a small line gathering. I successfully gather my gang for our first character picture. This ends up being our best group picture of the week and I love this character.

We ride Norway. What character is this?

I grab a nice OctoberFest beer in Germany. They've changed beer flavors over the years. I was hoping for a dark beer but this was good. Later in the week, I do find the dark beer in Germany.

This was so much fun with Sergio. Our "1st Timer" gets in the show. She was giggling the whole time.

We catch Morockin and British Revolution. Cool, I love the EPCOT music acts.

British Revolution does a cool, hard rock medley with Ozzie's Crazy Train, Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water and Cream's Sunshine of Your Love. Awesome. Me likes very much.

Dinner is at 4pm at Garden Grill. They're just opening and we get in quickly.

We had awesome wait staff all week and this was no exception. You guys Rock !!! We extra tipped at every meal.
How's the bread at WDW? Unbelievably awesome !!! Always fresh, hot and yummy.

Our vegan DD enjoys her first special meal prepared by Disney chef's. They come out to greet her at every meal. I think she likes the special attention.

As you can see, we're "dog" people. Hugs for Pluto.

Good food. I have more pics but not allowed for this post. I'll add later.
I was a bit sticker shocked at bill but TIW discount card helped a lot.

Dessert and a Happy Anniversary cake for DW and I. Disney thinks of everything.

We end our day at EPCOT with full stomach's. We head back to BLT and I try out the pool and hot tub. DW is tired and gets to bed early. Kids do extra magic hours till 2am at MK.

Can they get up early in am for rope drop at MK? Check in tomorrow to find out.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Last edited by DVC_Dreamer; 06-28-2012 at 06:07 AM.
DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #18
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Day 2 - Extra Magic Garden Grill pics

Beef, fish and turkey. All you can eat. They're was a garden salad and some steamed broccoli too. Very good.

Sweet potato fries

Enjoying ourselves.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #19
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Love your enthusiasm! Looking forward to more.
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; SSR & OKW - December
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #20
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Great TR. You make feel like I'm there too. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #21
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Definitely sounds like such a great day...and, I know have that same Margarita tradition on my list of things to do!!!

Being at BLT does make those late MK hours great for the teens--we loved it last year!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!!!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

Thoroughly enjoying your trip report. However, it is making me really homesick to my BLT!!
montrealdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Love all the pictures! Keep them coming!

Edited to add: we always stop at the margarita stand outside Mexico. I always get the Patron margarita, I'm a sucker for blue drinks!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 06-29-2012 at 02:17 AM.
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #24
cz4ever
Imagineer-in-training

Loving it -- can't wait for the next installment. Sounds like a fun crew!
cz4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #25
DVC_Dreamer

Lime for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Love all the pictures! Keep them coming!

Edited to add: we always stop at the margarita stand outside Mexico. I always get the Patron margarita, I'm a sucker for blue drinks!
I can understand your passion for blue drinks.

We've tried other flavors but have gravitated back to the traditional lime margarita. It's yummy and potent.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 06-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #26
DVC_Dreamer

Day 3 - Good Morning, Good Morning

"Good Morning, Good Morning, It's fun to stay out late."

That's what the song says at MK park opening. That line is so appropriate for day 3. Our big kids stayed till 2am at MK. They were not moving at 6am as DW and I prepared for MK.

No problem, more fun for DW and I.

By dvc_dreamer at 2012-06-28

I didn't see Goofy too much so I sometimes have to play the role.

As you can see, we made rope drop. It's another gorgeous day with low heat, cool breeze and clear skies. I was able to video the entire opening. Our plan is to play in FantasyLand before the kids get there. Now, you can see by the pictures, we had the correct strategy. We walk on easy to all the rides. Amazing how fast you can work the parks with just two people.

I snap a ton of pictures as we make our way through to FantasyLand.

Looking back at Main Street from the Castle steps.

Look how much room we have to play at 9am in FantasyLand. We ride PP and have trouble finding Pooh. The FP distribution is no where near the ride. I'm laughing at our confusion. We find Pooh and ride easy.

Wall of progress happening. I was surprised to see that the new construction extends the entire back side of the park. It goes from behind the race track all the way behind Small World and up to the Haunted Mansion. Can you stand the wait till this expansion is complete?

I zoomed in on this new Castle from the Tea Cups I believe. I couldn't believe how cool this shot looked when I was reviewing it yesterday.
What do you think? What a teaser to us onlookers. It looks like a scale model but I assure you it's the real deal.

Believe it or not, this is our first Tea Cup ride. We enjoyed it and of course giggle the whole ride. No extra spinning, please.

Can two young lovers have more fun? Only bad thing about our first Dumbo ride was that there were so few people in the park that we didn't get a chance to experience the new interactive queue. Oh well, next trip.

There's a new water feature for kids to play in this area and a bathroom. We skip the water play area but do take advantage of new bathroom. By this time, DSIL calls us to meet her at Small World. Let's go.

Can you believe the crowds now? What a difference a couple hours make?

We ride Small World and at 11am we're hungry. I wanted to eat at Peter Pan Haus but not in mood for flat bread pizza. We settle on Tortuga and a taco salad. We've never eaten here before so that cool to try something new.

I love watching Capt. Jack's pirate training show with the little kids.

We ride Pirates, get a FP for Jungle Cruise and go for ice cream on Main Street. Waffle cone sundae.

On JC, we laugh and take notice of signs while getting on JC. It's great to take in all the little details of the parks and resorts.

Can we survive the jungle cruise? These guys "lost their heads". We had one of the funniest cruise boat drivers ever. I love the corny jokes.

We meet up with our sleepy kids at Tortuga and get FP's for Splash. We head over to TomorrowLand and ride Carousel of Progress, Monster, Inc. and Stitch.
We make our FP times all week because we're afraid CM's will turn us away if we're late. Matter of fact, a lady was acting a bit disturbed as she blocked our rush to the FP line. I think she was denied. We get on no problem and beat a huge, over an hour wait line. All week, the FP was awesome.

After Splash, we split up again and DW and I are alone. We ride HM and back to room to chill a bit before dinner.
I catch a quick picture with this guy on the way out of park. I apologize that my toe nails are not painted and exposed.

If your following this day closely, notice how we've not left the MK area and how much fun we're having. No buses, no waiting in line and just fun at every turn. Man, I love my BLT and DVC !!!
To that point, for dinner, we grab the monorail at CR and head over to check out GF.

It's cool to check out the resort and grab a few pictures. DVC here will be cool.

I order the Italian sandwich at the GF counter service. After ordering, I notice they have a steak sandwich. Bummer, I would have liked to try that. Oh well, the Italian sandwich is fine and I like it with some salad dressing sauce. The chips are to die for. Chips are my favorite junk food and I go for them all week as much as I can.

I catch a shot of the GF floor art on the way out to the monorail.

On the monorail, DW informs me that dinner cost us $44. I add up in my head what we ordered and it seems to me that we were over charged. Later, back at the room, she finds the receipt and it was $28 for 4 of us. Weird and relieved.
We laugh.
At this time, kids tell us they were cold last night sleeping. DW calls housekeeping for some extra blankets. Did you ever see the Adam Sandler movie, "Mr. Deeds"? Adam has a butler that continues to show up immediately as called and out of nowhere. We call housekeeping and it seems before we hang up the phone, someone knocks on our door and gives us the blankets. We laugh hysterically. We get a similar experience when we call down for some help with the DVC player. The maintenance guy shows up immediately and fixes the issue. The staff at BLT was AWESOME !!!
We're a little sad to begin packing because we're moving to BWV in the morning.

New adventure and location begins tomorrow. Stay tuned....

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Last edited by DVC_Dreamer; 06-29-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #27
disney212
DIS Veteran

I'm in. Looks like you are having a fantastic trip!
disney212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #28
mrsswat
Irishtinksmama

just seems...

you guys were having the perfect trip!! Getting me prepped for a DH and I trip leaving Sunday for 5 days! Isn't it great when the kids are old enough to do their own thing but still enjoy doing it as a family? Just on their own time frame of course! DH and I are also morning people and love that time at DW! Also love that walk to MK - something special about not having to hop a monorail or bus! How were the new flip flops working out?
mrsswat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #29
jakenjess
DIS Veteran

Excellent report! You're making me want to get back to BLT soon! Looking forward to more!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #30
dizney4us
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the trip report! I love following along. Your pictures are wonderful and you have a beautiful family!! We're hoping to try BLT next spring if possible. We'll be at BWV in October for F&W and this report is really getting me excited about that trip! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
dizney4us is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: