Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #151
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

I can't believe your trip report is almost done! I look forward to checking for updates every day, now what am I going to do?

But seriously, a question for you. As far as clothing, what did you find you were really glad you had packed and was there anything you wished you had packed but didn't. Being from Western Washington I'm used to dressing in layers so I'm sure I have everything I need, I just don't want to pack it all!

Oh and, which North Face jacket do you have? I love the look of it from your Tracy Arm pictures.

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #152
rogattdm
Mouseketeer

Darren, Gwen and I truly believe our tirp was more fun because of meeting you guys. At first, our "meetings" which came in 3's were funny and random, but as we talked more it was apparent to me that we wanted to run into you guys more often. You two made our trip even more special! Thank you again for getting Max's autograph for Gwen - she talks about you guys quite often!
rogattdm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #153
Timon

DIS Junkie

This is such a cool photo!! It almost looks photoshopped because you see deck 4 but absolutely zero water anywhere, just the town!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #154
Timon

DIS Junkie

It's too bad you didn't get off in Victoria, it is such a beautiful city!!! One day, I will live there

That Sunday, it was sooooooo windy, we were supposed to drive around and explore but at our first stop, I got out and almost got blown over LOL! By the time we made it over to the pier, it was also really cold!

I had really wanted to walk out onto the sea wall to watch you guys come in but it was too windy and it wasn't safe. We weren't sure which pier you were coming into so I walked around a bit and figured it out. Then just before you pulled in, I dragged my husband and daughter out of the warm car

We had watched the Star Princess and the Norwegian Pearl sail in the evening before and the first one in had backed in, so I was really hoping you guys would back in too to get some good shots but you didn't

All the other sane people stayed in their cars but we found a bench right in front of the ship and enjoyed this very special and unique perspective of a Disney ship docking!

I was Facebooking at the time, I posted that I was wishing that I knew someone on that sailing so they could bring us some chicken tenders and chocolate croissants We joked that you could even throw them down to us

I guess because of the winds, you took a loooong time to dock but it was fun to watch!

Here's some pics...

Me and my girl on the other pier closer to the seawall.

When we stood on the bench, we could see you over the seawall

Then we ran across to the other terminal just in time to watch you come in...

Hubby and DD...

Okay, sorry to interrupt your thread....

And now back to your regularly scheduled trip report....
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #155
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
I can't believe your trip report is almost done! I look forward to checking for updates every day, now what am I going to do?

But seriously, a question for you. As far as clothing, what did you find you were really glad you had packed and was there anything you wished you had packed but didn't. Being from Western Washington I'm used to dressing in layers so I'm sure I have everything I need, I just don't want to pack it all!

Oh and, which North Face jacket do you have? I love the look of it from your Tracy Arm pictures.

Well, pretty soon I get to start a new TR...LOL We are going on a Disney Dream cruise to the Bahamas in August...ROFL. I was really happy I packed my gloves and my beanie hat! I wore those a lot when we were outside on the deck and well as in the ports! My NorthFace jacket, the exact one they don't make anymore, but it is the snowboarding type jacket that has the vents under the arms, and you can also zip a fleece inside of it if you get too cold. I never used that though, just the rain shell part of it with the hood!
This is the closest thing to it the North Face Kira Triclimate Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogattdm View Post
Darren, Gwen and I truly believe our tirp was more fun because of meeting you guys. At first, our "meetings" which came in 3's were funny and random, but as we talked more it was apparent to me that we wanted to run into you guys more often. You two made our trip even more special! Thank you again for getting Max's autograph for Gwen - she talks about you guys quite often!
Awww...tear, you are so welcome about the autograph! Our trip would have definitely been worse without you guys! I am even watching the video I shot on Tracy arm day and it is so funny to hear you guys, every minute or so Darren would be like, "WOW, That is so beautiful!" Then ofcourse all of the seal poo conversations...HAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

This is such a cool photo!! It almost looks photoshopped because you see deck 4 but absolutely zero water anywhere, just the town!
I promise it was totally not photoshopped! I was so proud of myself when taking photos this trip, I didn't even crop or adjust anything in ANY of them!! I couldn't believe some of them when I was looking through!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #156
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
Deanna called me during Rondell's show and I told her we would call them as soon as we were out of Wavebands! We ended up going to their room to say goodbye We gave Gwen her autograph book back and talked to them about their excursion at Butchart Gardens, which they LOVED!
So glad to hear that that Deanna and family liked the Butchart Gardens tour. We are signed up for the Butchart Gardens and short city tour for our Aug. 6 cruise. I read another review that complained of the short time actually at the gardens, and I was wondering if we should reconsider this excursion. Deanna, if you happen to see this post, would love to hear more about your experience on this excursion.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #157
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
Well, pretty soon I get to start a new TR...LOL We are going on a Disney Dream cruise to the Bahamas in August...ROFL. I was really happy I packed my gloves and my beanie hat! I wore those a lot when we were outside on the deck and well as in the ports! My NorthFace jacket, the exact one they don't make anymore, but it is the snowboarding type jacket that has the vents under the arms, and you can also zip a fleece inside of it if you get too cold. I never used that though, just the rain shell part of it with the hood!
This is the closest thing to it the North Face Kira Triclimate Jacket
Thanks, I didn't have hats and gloves on my list yet! Better to be safe than sorry.

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #158
midwestpat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisSarahK View Post
Am I going to have to stop by the Lab and ask for "veggies to go" for my kiddos or something? My six year old is awesome with vegetables--but only if they are raw. I think a lot of kids are like that. You'd think Disney would realize this.
It's a texture thing I think; some kids don't like soft or mushy foods. When I first discovered raw veggies weren't going to happen in the dining room, one woman nearby suggested maybe they didn't have fresh veggies to serve (all frozen veggies?). Okay... I was scratching my head, but accepting of that - until the day they served them in the Lab.

In another forum someone said we could ask for to-go meals from the Lab, which I never thought of! Great idea!
In all fairness to Disney, raw veggies may have been available in the buffet, but DH does not like buffets so we avoided it at all costs. Raw veggies were not an option on room service either (although the pizza from room service was wayyyyy better than the slices we got at the quick serve place).

Yes, if I were you, I'd ask for a to-go order at the Lab. Can't hurt to ask! My daughter ate no veggies for over a week - from the tiem we left home, all through Seattle, and up 'til the first night she ate dinner in the Lab.
WDW Villas @ Wilderness Lodge 2007 & 2013;
WDW Fort Wilderness 2010;
DCL Wonder to Alaska 2012 & 2014
midwestpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #159
rogattdm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
So glad to hear that that Deanna and family liked the Butchart Gardens tour. We are signed up for the Butchart Gardens and short city tour for our Aug. 6 cruise. I read another review that complained of the short time actually at the gardens, and I was wondering if we should reconsider this excursion. Deanna, if you happen to see this post, would love to hear more about your experience on this excursion.
Hi! How funny that I am replying to you in this TR! Our family did the Butchart Gardens & Butterfly Garden Tour. Yes, we don't have much time in this port, but it was highly worth it! I believe we finally got on the bus on the pier at 7:30pm and was getting back on the bus at the gardens at 9:55pm. I actually would recommend just doing the Butchart Gardens tour by itself, with no other excursion - butterfly garden or your city excursion. The reason I say this is because the gardens are 55 acres and are absolutely mind blowing. My husband took over 300 pictures just of the garden. When the bus picks you up at the pier to drive you to the gardens, which is 40 minutes from the pier, the driver will give you a whole run down of the city. You drive right through the city both on the way to the gardens and back from the gardens. Of course, on the way back it is dark, however you still get to see the city all lit up. Our driver even stopped the bus in front of the Empress Hotel for anyone who wanted to get out and take a picture. The driver narrated the whole time there and back. My DH, DD (7) and I raced around the gardens for the 1 1/2 hours were there. We did see almost all of it, however we didn't get to really take our time and admire our surroundings.

I just asked my husband if he would get off and do the tour again because of the short time, and he answered, "Yes most definetely!" The gardens were the most beautiful place I had ever seen and I have been to some beautiful places. The smell was incredible by all the flowers. I had commented like it smelled like Bath and Body Works plugins, since there are millions of blooming flowers. Bring a camera that can take pictures at night; the gardens are gorgeous when it is dusk and their little garden lights turn on. I will try my best to upload some pictures of the garden so you can get a feel for the beauty!
rogattdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #160
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

We had the Pixar channel on all the time as well. And I love Panne Cotta as well!

What a shame your surprise was cancelled. The pub skit was too funny.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #161
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogattdm View Post
Hi! How funny that I am replying to you in this TR! Our family did the Butchart Gardens & Butterfly Garden Tour. Yes, we don't have much time in this port, but it was highly worth it! I believe we finally got on the bus on the pier at 7:30pm and was getting back on the bus at the gardens at 9:55pm. I actually would recommend just doing the Butchart Gardens tour by itself, with no other excursion - butterfly garden or your city excursion. The reason I say this is because the gardens are 55 acres and are absolutely mind blowing. My husband took over 300 pictures just of the garden. When the bus picks you up at the pier to drive you to the gardens, which is 40 minutes from the pier, the driver will give you a whole run down of the city. You drive right through the city both on the way to the gardens and back from the gardens. Of course, on the way back it is dark, however you still get to see the city all lit up. Our driver even stopped the bus in front of the Empress Hotel for anyone who wanted to get out and take a picture. The driver narrated the whole time there and back. My DH, DD (7) and I raced around the gardens for the 1 1/2 hours were there. We did see almost all of it, however we didn't get to really take our time and admire our surroundings.

I just asked my husband if he would get off and do the tour again because of the short time, and he answered, "Yes most definetely!" The gardens were the most beautiful place I had ever seen and I have been to some beautiful places. The smell was incredible by all the flowers. I had commented like it smelled like Bath and Body Works plugins, since there are millions of blooming flowers. Bring a camera that can take pictures at night; the gardens are gorgeous when it is dusk and their little garden lights turn on. I will try my best to upload some pictures of the garden so you can get a feel for the beauty!
Thank you! I just checked the Port Adventures listing again, and there does not seem to be any option with just Butchart Gardens. However, from the description, it looks like the "Short City Drive" part of our tour is just the narrated bus ride to the gardens that you describe. Definitely going to stick with the excursion. I would hate to be in Victoria and not see the famous Butchart Gardens. Would love to see pictures if you get a chance. Sorry for hijacking your trip report, Andrea. I have loved reading it!

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #162
Lindsey2065
Earning My Ears

Loved your tr!!!!

Loved reading this!!!! Thank you!!! We leave on 8/13 and we are super excited!!!!
First Trip 1982 Fort Wilderness, 1989 Fort Wilderness, 1991 Disneyland, 1997 All-Star Sports, 2007 Disneyland, 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2008 Fort Wilderness Cabins, 2009 Contemporary, 2009 Swan, 2010 MK and Western Carribbean Disney Magic Cruise, 2010 Carribean Beach, 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge, August 13, 2012 Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise, Completed 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon on January 13,2013!!! January 2013 AKL, June 15, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern
Lindsey2065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:13 AM   #163
seizingtheday
Earning My Ears

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report. We have 28 day to go until our very own Alaskan cruise and this has helped me to become even more excited (didn't know it was possible!).

The day of your anniversary - while didn't go as expected - seemed fun and memorable. DH and I are celebrating our 2nd anniversary on the cruise and hope that ours is as enjoyable.
seizingtheday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #164
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
Thanks, I didn't have hats and gloves on my list yet! Better to be safe than sorry.
Cool!, You may not need them, but better safe than sorry I guess right...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
We had the Pixar channel on all the time as well. And I love Panne Cotta as well!

What a shame your surprise was cancelled. The pub skit was too funny.
Yay! Pixar Channel Ruled! Yeah, I think I have gotten over the excursion being cancelled now, I can't wait to go another cruise just to see the pub skit again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey2065 View Post
Loved reading this!!!! Thank you!!! We leave on 8/13 and we are super excited!!!!
Thats great! I am glad you enjoyed it! I still have another day to post on the TR, so don't leave me yet...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by seizingtheday View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report. We have 28 day to go until our very own Alaskan cruise and this has helped me to become even more excited (didn't know it was possible!).

The day of your anniversary - while didn't go as expected - seemed fun and memorable. DH and I are celebrating our 2nd anniversary on the cruise and hope that ours is as enjoyable.
I hope you all have a great time on your cruise! It makes me happy that I made you more excited! You should have a great time! Happy early Anniversary!! Thanks for reading!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have added a link for my Trip Video on the very first page at the head of the TR Links in case anyone is interested in watching that! I still have one more day to get done on the TR, so stay with me for a little bit longer if you can! I have just had a super busy weekend with a bridal shower and finishing this video, and still more stuff to do around the house! Have a Magical Day guys, and I hope to get the last day up very soon for you! Hope you enjoy the Video, It is only 11 minutes long, so pretty much 1 minute per day we were gone so I was proud that I kept it that short! Enjoy!!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #165
MJDisFamCruisers
Mouseketeer

Smile Thanks for your trip report!

I have enjoyed reading your trip report. My family and I leave for our Alaskan cruise on July 30th and we can't wait. Thanks so much for posting the navigators...they really help us plan out our days ahead of time!
MJDisFamCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: