Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #196
nemofans
DIS Veteran

This is our 1st F&W fest as well. DH really wants to do this. Can't wait for the menus to come out! I have planned 2 full days at Epcot this trip. I have planned to graze around the World for lunch on both days, hoping to be able to try most of it, & then have dinner ADRs each evening.
I am glad there will be more kid friendly food & drinks this year, but I do worry my boys (7 & 3.5) will get bored. Will it be too hard to try to do the new Agent P missions around the World while also hitting the kiosks? At least I was thinking this for our 2nd Epcot day. The 1st visit will be enjoying the countries more. Do they still have the kidcot stations?

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 30 out of 85
nemofans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #197
DisneyJen
Chairs the "Keep the Park Game On-Topic" Committee
sun+yardarm=Dole Whiparitas
The TF aims to please! :)

A little late to this party but booked a Grand Villa at BWV 11 months out to bring my parents and friends to their first FW ... third year in a row for DH and me!!

Can't wait for the Signature Dinner info to be released!
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #198
sophie832
Addicted to DL and WDW!

We specifically added WDW to the end of our fall Euro trip in order to attend our very first F&W! We are so excited! We'll be doing TIW this trip instead of DDP, and we have a couple of days at Epcot where we hope to eat and drink our way around the festival. Can't wait until the list of events comes out!
January 2011 Dining Review!
sophie832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #199
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

yes, they have the Kidcot stations (if you're remembering the masks and paper charms to color, it's now Duffy on a stick and no more charms) and Agent P will be running. It will be fine doing both that and the kiosks - unless you visit on a weekend. You'll be better off planning weekday visits with small kids.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #200
marshwiggle
Mouseketeer

Disney Food Blog has posted info about some wine dinners at Flying Fish during the festival; this is in addition to their official F&W dinner. Prices and menus haven't been set yet, and I think it falls under the CC guarantee/$10 policy at least for now. I attended one of these last year and it was around $160.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...y-wine-dinner/
marshwiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #201
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Just got a TIW e-mail about a preview event for TIW members in July:

Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival
Sneak Preview “Taste Your Way Around The World”
Odyssey Pavilion at Epcot®
Saturday July 28, 2012 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Price: $110.00 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included.

Buffet Reception:
Florida Local: Florida Shrimp Ceviche with Fire Roasted Vegetables, Fried Plantains and Cilantro
Florida Local: White Corn Arepa with Mangalista Pork Rilette and Zellwood Sweet Corn Salad

New Zealand: Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney
Scandinavia: Iron Horse Fairytale Cuvée
Poland: Frozen Belvedere Lemon Apple "Tea"
Singapore: Marqués de Cáceres Satinela

Plated Dinner

Appetizer

Terra: Chili Colorado with House made Chips and Cashew Cheese, featuring Gardein Beefless Tips
Terra: Paul Dolan Pinot Noir

Salad
Greece: Greek Salad with Pita Bread
Greece: Domaine Skouras Moscofilero

Entrée
Canada: "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
Singapore: Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and "Singa" Sauce
Served with Carrots and Baby Green Beans
Canada: Mission Hill Syrah
New Zealand: Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay

Dessert Trio from Desserts & Champagne:
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake, Raspberries and Pomegranate
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel
Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote
Neige Première Sparkling Ice Cider

Soft Drinks, Water, Coffee, Tea

Menu – inspired by the International Marketplaces

The tickets will be available through a special website on July 2. Event is limited to 150 guests
Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #202
agame2323
DIS Veteran

Okay I'm sold. This will be our first time going. Can someone give me some tips or advice on what to do?

Like, how many days is recommended? What time does it start and end each day? What month is best? What day of the week? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!
agame2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #203
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Weekdays, Mon -Thurs, are by far the best for the festival. If you can help it, do not plan festival touring for a Friday night or a Saturday. Sunday is a little better but if you can do Mon-Thurs, do that instead.

If you're talking about the World Showcase kiosks, they open at 11 when World Showcase opens and shut down at regular park closing time; they do not stay open for evening EMH.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #204
tambam500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agame2323 View Post
Okay I'm sold. This will be our first time going. Can someone give me some tips or advice on what to do?

Like, how many days is recommended? What time does it start and end each day? What month is best? What day of the week? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!
I went for a long weekend last year so we had three full food and wine days and we were able to eat and drink everything we wanted to with more than enough time. You would give or take time if you want to schedule a bunch of the extra events.

Stay away from the weekends if possible ...esp Sat cause it's a zoo! Still doable but very busy!

Get there early - 11am when the world showcase opens and you will wait in much shorter lines. The world showcase fills up by dinner time and then the lines grow much much longer.

Don't schedule ADR's for your food and wine days. It's a waste since you will be eating and drinking all day. One of our three days we stopped into Via Napoli for a pizza but other than that i would stick to the food and wine options and counter service.

Try things you wouldn't normally eat. We ordered items that no one had ever eaten before and shared bites. Sometimes we went back for more since people found new things they liked.

Oh one last thing...i went the first weekend last year and it was HOT. I would say the later you go the cooler it will get during the day.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #205
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

culinary demos

During my upcoming trip to F&W I am planning on going Friday and Sunday because I thought the culinary demos in the festival center only took place on the weekends....is that correct?

I am waiting very impatiently for the actual F&W event listing to be announced!

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #206
agame2323
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambam500 View Post
I went for a long weekend last year so we had three full food and wine days and we were able to eat and drink everything we wanted to with more than enough time. You would give or take time if you want to schedule a bunch of the extra events.

Stay away from the weekends if possible ...esp Sat cause it's a zoo! Still doable but very busy!

Get there early - 11am when the world showcase opens and you will wait in much shorter lines. The world showcase fills up by dinner time and then the lines grow much much longer.

Don't schedule ADR's for your food and wine days. It's a waste since you will be eating and drinking all day. One of our three days we stopped into Via Napoli for a pizza but other than that i would stick to the food and wine options and counter service.

Try things you wouldn't normally eat. We ordered items that no one had ever eaten before and shared bites. Sometimes we went back for more since people found new things they liked.

Oh one last thing...i went the first weekend last year and it was HOT. I would say the later you go the cooler it will get during the day.
Great insight! Thanks! May I ask how long did partake eating everyday? For example did you start at 11am and by 3pm you were full? Or is this something that you need an entire day to enjoy?
agame2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #207
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrali33tt View Post
During my upcoming trip to F&W I am planning on going Friday and Sunday because I thought the culinary demos in the festival center only took place on the weekends....is that correct?

No, that's not correct. There are wine tasting seminars and culinary demos scheduled just about every day of the festival.

Here's a link for some of last year's seminars: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011-e...emonstrations/
Old 06-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #208
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Disney Parks Blog has a photo posted of Duffy the Bear which is themed to this year's F&W festival:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-his-wardrobe/
Old 06-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #209
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrali33tt View Post

No, it is not correct. However, there are more demos on the weekends, and the celebrity chefs are almost always scheduled for the weekends.

Oh no. pleeeze don't turn the festival into a sales vehicle for Duffy. and the LE pins have Duffy on them too. stop with the Duffy already.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #210
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
No, it is not correct. However, there are more demos on the weekends, and the celebrity chefs are almost always scheduled for the weekends.

Oh no. pleeeze don't turn the festival into a sales vehicle for Duffy. and the LE pins have Duffy on them too. stop with the Duffy already.
That's good information to know. I plan my festival days on Monday through Thrusday so I've never really paid that much attention to the weekend schedule. I'm not a fan of Duffy either.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: