Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #16
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

I was wondering if people were getting into Barcelona earlier in the week and were interested in a DIS meet before the cruise?
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #17
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Hello again everyone! Now that Summer is here my favourite thing to do is to plan things to do on vacation. This year is a staycation for us, but next year is the cruise! We are planning on arriving in Barcelona a few days early, and so are up for a meet! We will also participate in fish extenders and any tastings you suggest! I was wondering, since my daughter is Greek and is going to be 19 on the cruise, will they let her take part in the tastings? I read somewhere that they may allow it with parents' consent. I am a bit worried about her, as I know my younger DD will be hanging out in the stack all day/night. It isn't important, I just like finding things out!

Have a good week and Happy father's day to those who celebrate!

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #18
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
I was wondering if people were getting into Barcelona earlier in the week and were interested in a DIS meet before the cruise?
We are back-to-backing, so unfortunately (or fortunately for us) we will already be on the Magic. Unless people are arriving ultra early - in which case we plan to be in Barcelona on Thu/fri 22nd & 23rd of August and would be happy to meet up

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #19
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai≎45216949
We are back-to-backing, so unfortunately (or fortunately for us) we will already be on the Magic. Unless people are arriving ultra early - in which case we plan to be in Barcelona on Thu/fri 22nd & 23rd of August and would be happy to meet up
How wonderful for you!

Old 06-19-2012, 03:53 AM   #20
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
How wonderful for you!
yes - we are very lucky - must say I am more excited about this vacation than any other we have taken!!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #21
Florida Mel
Ready to sail on Disney Magic with Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
Great idea, I'll add it to the first post

Quote:
Hello again everyone! Now that Summer is here my favourite thing to do is to plan things to do on vacation. This year is a staycation for us, but next year is the cruise! We are planning on arriving in Barcelona a few days early, and so are up for a meet! We will also participate in fish extenders and any tastings you suggest! I was wondering, since my daughter is Greek and is going to be 19 on the cruise, will they let her take part in the tastings? I read somewhere that they may allow it with parents' consent. I am a bit worried about her, as I know my younger DD will be hanging out in the stack all day/night. It isn't important, I just like finding things out!

Hi Debsterv Over 18s can drink alcohol on the cruise , as I the med All you have to do is sign a consent form Great idea

Oct 2000 - 2 Weeks Villa Sunset lakes Jun 2002 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Hotel Oct 2003 - 2 Weeks Villa Formosa Gardens Oct 2004 - 4 days Condo @ Clearwater 10 days villa @ Formosa Gardens Oct 2007 - 4 days Cocoa Beach & 12 days Villa Sunset Lakes July 2009 - St Augustine & WDW Yacht Club Feb 2010 - DLRP Newport Bay Hotel July 2010 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - Dover to Barcelona on Disney Magic August 2011 - Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 7 night Med on the Magic August 2012 - DLP 3 nights Dream Castle August 2013 - Jumped ship and we are Florida bound February 2014 - Back to WDW for mums BIG 60th September 2014 - WBTA and the BIG WEDDING - COMING UP
Florida Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 AM   #22
lcj19
Mouseketeer

We just booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago . I am really excited, this is our first Disney Cruise!!!
It will be:
Myself Leah (27 then)
DH Joe (26 then)
DD Baylee (will have just turned 3)

lcj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
Florida Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcj19 View Post
We just booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago . I am really excited, this is our first Disney Cruise!!!
It will be:
Myself Leah (27 then)
DH Joe (26 then)
DD Baylee (will have just turned 3)
Welcome onboard Leah, Joa and Baylee

You're going to have a magical time

Oct 2000 - 2 Weeks Villa Sunset lakes Jun 2002 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Hotel Oct 2003 - 2 Weeks Villa Formosa Gardens Oct 2004 - 4 days Condo @ Clearwater 10 days villa @ Formosa Gardens Oct 2007 - 4 days Cocoa Beach & 12 days Villa Sunset Lakes July 2009 - St Augustine & WDW Yacht Club Feb 2010 - DLRP Newport Bay Hotel July 2010 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - Dover to Barcelona on Disney Magic August 2011 - Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 7 night Med on the Magic August 2012 - DLP 3 nights Dream Castle August 2013 - Jumped ship and we are Florida bound February 2014 - Back to WDW for mums BIG 60th September 2014 - WBTA and the BIG WEDDING - COMING UP
Old 06-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #24
Florida Mel

Quote:

I've added a pre-cruise meet to the front page

Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #25
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I am so sad, but we had to cancel this cruise. I know you guys are going to have a great time. Maybe some time in the future!!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #26
Florida Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I am so sad, but we had to cancel this cruise. I know you guys are going to have a great time. Maybe some time in the future!!
Oh no That's a shame, hope you guys have something lae planned in its place :-)

Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #27
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
We are also sorry to see someone have to cancel. Enjoy your Alaska trip, though! That is the one that is on my bucket list!

Old 07-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #28
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Sign us up! Was originally booked on for the week before, but priced this one up and it was much cheaper, so moved!

We are

Me - Jody, age 36 (37 this month, so just realised will me 38 when I do this cruise, OMG!)
DS - Dom, 14, will be 15 when we cruise
DD - Izzy, 13, will be 14 when we cruise

Kids don't know we're going, not sure when I'm going to tell them! We are recently back from an 8 nighter from NYC to the Bahamas which was fabulous, and last year we did the Mexican Riviera, so this will be our 3rd disney cruise.

Really hope someone organises a fish extender, would be happy to help organise but not particularly techie at sending things out etc.

Anyway, can't believe we have so long to wait, but am very excited already!
Ladyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #29
Florida Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Sign us up! Was originally booked on for the week before, but priced this one up and it was much cheaper, so moved!

We are

Me - Jody, age 36 (37 this month, so just realised will me 38 when I do this cruise, OMG!)

Kids don't know we're going, not sure when I'm going to tell them! We are recently back from an 8 nighter from NYC to the Bahamas which was fabulous, and last year we did the Mexican Riviera, so this will be our 3rd disney cruise.

Really hope someone organises a fish extender, would be happy to help organise but not particularly techie at sending things out etc.

Welcome onboard Jody, Dom and Izzy

I'm sure some kind Diser will be along to organise the Fish Extender

Old 07-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #30
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post

We are

Welcome Jody, Dom and Izzy and hello again fellow cruisers!

I have been researching ports because I am so excited about this cruise that I am still not positive that we will be going on due to the economic situation in Greece.... (but I am *almost* positive ) I would like to help organize something but I do not know how to do excel to make a spreadsheet for the FE, and I don't know the first thing about organizing other things.... I don't speak Spanish or Italian, although my daughters supposedly speak French... However, that being said I do have a fabulous phone scheme which allows me to make international phone calls to land lines (not cell numbers) for pennies. So, if we need to be making phone calls in English, I volunteer for that... Now, what kind of phone calls may you ask? I don't know. Maybe to make a reservation or ask about something? I don't know, really... I am just desirous of helping but don't want to mess things up.... I need leadership! Somebody let me know what I can do!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: