Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #871
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Hello Gents!

A week full of meetings is almost over and we are almost upon a long weekend. WOOHOO!!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 06-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #872
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
I hate it when I get blamed for something that happened in one of DW's dreams.
Your nemesis is very Good!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #873
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Where is the peanut butter rain????????

We've had burn bans before... actually had one in effect most of last summer, but I've never seen the advisories about the low humidity/high wind fire warnings that we have now. I've also never seen my grass as dead as it is right now either. Even the weeds are brown.

Walked through a corn field last night and I about hurled. I've got plans to go to Kentucky for the NASCAR races this weekend. I'm at the point right now that I don't even want to spend the gas money to drive down there, but I've just been so stressed this past week, I think a couple of days of just getting away would be good. Then again, I'll see a noticeable decline in crop conditions when I get back home.
Hope it rains for you soon. It's about the same here in the northern part of the state too. I emptied the kiddie pool a couple of times hoping it would sustain at least the part of my yard that I'm fencing in. No such luck. My yard is more sand than soil and it basically just washed out some of the grass in that area.

My biggest concern is with so many "beverly's" in our area and the 4th coming that we are going to end up with a lot of things on fire. My neighborhood sounds like a war zone during 4th of July week and these idiots don't know better.

I am sore today. Got my fence posts all set last night with the help of my dad. Well, more like with his supervision. I didn't want him doing too much in the heat.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #874
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
My biggest concern is with so many "beverly's" in our area and the 4th coming that we are going to end up with a lot of things on fire. My neighborhood sounds like a war zone during 4th of July week and these idiots don't know better.
Yeah, I'm worried about that too. I live on a county road that isn't traveled often. About a half mile from my house is another road that is traveled even less. Last year about 5 cars were parked there setting off fireworks. I'm definitely going to be monitoring that situation and make sure I've got the Sheriff's Dept phone number in my speed dial.

Our county fair is next week and they've already announced the cancellation of the "official" firework celebration.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #875
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
It may be morning, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. Long night, did not sleep well - thank heavens for Disney Jr.
We've been doing that a lot here too. My kids only like being outside for about half an hour max when its in the high 80s. So Disney Jr gets lots of run especially when the kids have had enough of each other.

Hope you guys in Indiana and Ohio get some rain soon.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 06-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #876
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

We've had burn bans before... actually had one in effect most of last summer, but I've never seen the advisories about the low humidity/high wind fire warnings that we have now. I've also never seen my grass as dead as it is right now either. Even the weeds are brown.

Walked through a corn field last night and I about hurled. I've got plans to go to Kentucky for the NASCAR races this weekend. I'm at the point right now that I don't even want to spend the gas money to drive down there, but I've just been so stressed this past week, I think a couple of days of just getting away would be good. Then again, I'll see a noticeable decline in crop conditions when I get back home.
Don't know what to say, other than I'm praying that rain comes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
‘Morning all…

Did ya’ miss me?

Dumb question... I’ll assume that was a collective: “NO!”

We’ve been out and about for a mini-vacation and just got back in last night. No Disney visit (and still none on the horizon ), but a good time was still had.
Of course we missed you. So where did you go on the mini-vacation?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #877
ramkam
Mouseketeer

Application for Membership

Family Situation: Married for 22 years with 2 daughters (14 and 17)
Pets: 1 cat, 1 Desert Tortoise
Favorite food: In -n- Out Double Double
Favorite drinks: Diet Coke
Hobbies: Photography, especially of all things Disney
Old 06-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #878
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:

Andy, really sorry to hear that. Hope you get a soaking rain soon.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #879
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Have you seen the "I'm farming and I grow it" video on youtube? You definitely need to check that one out if you haven't. So much better than LMFAO's version.
I watched that yesterday when you posted it to Facebook. Those boys had a bit too much free time on their hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
It's the same around here - people shooting them off all night long, despite it being illegal. For some reason, it's legal for these people to put up tents in grocery store parking lots and sell a small arsenal to people, but illegal for the people to use said arsenal. Not like that stops them.

Quote:
Our county fair is next week and they've already announced the cancellation of the "official" firework celebration.
We're pretty luck here - the city shoots the fireworks off over Lake Michigan, which currently still has water in it. I usually bring my ipod and play the soundtrack to Wishes or Illuminations to make the fireworks more enjoyable.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #880
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkam View Post
Welcome to the club Rich! Living that far west, I assume you're a Disneyland fan. Do you get out to Florida much?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #881
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Morning Gents,

Yesterday was the coolest dive ever. It was a night Manta Ray dive and there were about 25 of these suckers swimming around us feeding.

Here is a pic from the early dive when one of them is starting to congregate near the feasting spot.

Last day of diving this morning. Tomorrow is a rest day and Saturday we travel to Aluani.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #882
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I watched that yesterday when you posted it to Facebook. Those boys had a bit too much free time on their hands!
I'm glad they had that free time though. I've had that song in my head for like 2 days now.

Especially the "water, water, water, water, yeah" part.

Quote:
It's the same around here - people shooting them off all night long, despite it being illegal. For some reason, it's legal for these people to put up tents in grocery store parking lots and sell a small arsenal to people, but illegal for the people to use said arsenal. Not like that stops them.
I've never understood the concept of selling "out of state" fireworks. Basically they're saying you can legally buy them in Indiana but you have to take them to another state to blow them up... then you've got the neighboring states all selling the same stuff as "out of state" fireworks. Talk about legal loopholes.

Quote:
We're pretty luck here - the city shoots the fireworks off over Lake Michigan, which currently still has water in it. I usually bring my ipod and play the soundtrack to Wishes or Illuminations to make the fireworks more enjoyable.
Yeah... If Lake Michigan starts to look like a dry lake bed, we're all screwed.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #883
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Morning Gents,

Yesterday was the coolest dive ever. It was a night Manta Ray dive and there were about 25 of these suckers swimming around us feeding.

Here is a pic from the early dive when one of them is starting to congregate near the feasting spot.

Last day of diving this morning. Tomorrow is a rest day and Saturday we travel to Aluani.

Truly amazing!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 06-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #884
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Welcome! Would love to see some of your Disney pics

Quote:
Morning Gents,

That is awesome CJ

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 11/1/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 06-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #885
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Morning Gents,

I would love to go diving sometime. Looks like a lot of fun.

I'd say it is a shame that this is the last diving day, but I don't think you'll be suffering much when you move over to Aulani.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, dad, manly, old spice

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: