Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Teen Authors!??

I was just wondering if there are any teen authors?? I am and looking for people to novel with lol

Dream~06/15/12 Fantasy~05/31/14
Princess_Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

I'm going to be. I've got 3 books currently being written (typed rather, working on one this very moment), an I have three books currently in pre writing. And I come up with ideas a lot, so who knows really.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
I'm going to be. I've got 3 books currently being written (typed rather, working on one this very moment), an I have three books currently in pre writing. And I come up with ideas a lot, so who knows really.
Nice! I'm working on 4 different series. 2 of them play off each other. I come up with ideas a lot too. Do you do the Nanowrimo?

Old 10-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Kayla View Post
Nice! I'm working on 4 different series. 2 of them play off each other. I come up with ideas a lot too. Do you do the Nanowrimo?
The what?

That's cool! I've doubled tje amountr of books I have, and tripled the ideas. It's easy to put the plot together, but hard to start and keep going once you've started.

Figuring out how to begin the story is one of my weaknesses in writing.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney

I do nanowrimo!
Aspiring Artist.
I want you to want me this way, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go...
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by niallsprincess View Post
I do nanowrimo!
Oh cool! What's your username? Mines Kayla.McKenzie.Love

Old 10-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
The what?

That's cool! I've doubled tje amountr of books I have, and tripled the ideas. It's easy to put the plot together, but hard to start and keep going once you've started.

Figuring out how to begin the story is one of my weaknesses in writing.
It's called the Nation Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo)
if you go to ywp. nanowrimo. com you can create an account it starts in November!

P.S. Tangled is my FAVORITE disney movie. I love Rapunzel, she has (had) long hair like I do and green eyes like me! :D plus she loves adventure like me. Flynn is awesome my favorite "prince"

Old 10-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Oh cool! What's your username? Mines Kayla.McKenzie.Love
Mine is thebird108 I'm working on a mystery right now. Hoping to enter it for November.
Aspiring Artist.
I want you to want me this way, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go...
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #9
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by niallsprincess View Post
Mine is thebird108 I'm working on a mystery right now. Hoping to enter it for November.
Oh sweet, I'm doing a fiction story about a girl who runs away from home and creates a new person.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #10
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

I wouldn't call myself an author, but I'm in the middle of writing an imaginary sitcom idea I have but I only have one part of the first episode, and an introduction to the characters done so far.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/305950...written-sitcom

I could really use some thoughts on it, as it hasn't been getting much attention yet.

https://twitter.com/#!/TylerFG
TylerFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFG View Post
I wouldn't call myself an author, but I'm in the middle of writing an imaginary sitcom idea I have but I only have one part of the first episode, and an introduction to the characters done so far.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/305950...written-sitcom

I could really use some thoughts on it, as it hasn't been getting much attention yet.
Tyler it's good I liked it a lot! I gave a review on it (: You should keep going with it

Old 10-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
Merida DunBroch
I will fight, I will fly, taste the wind and touch the sky..

I'd like to think of myself as an author. I've currently limited myself to one story (not including fanfiction!) about vampires and werewolves. I want to participate in NaNoWriMo again this year, but I'm not sure. I also write poetry and songs.

Mom(30-something) Dad(40-something) Me(16) DB(13) DB(11) DB(9) DS(4)
Official lover of Kristoff Bjorgman of Arendelle!
Merida DunBroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Tyler it's good I liked it a lot! I gave a review on it (: You should keep going with it
I am. Your review was nice btw, I'll totally take it into consideration. I'm writing the second half now.

https://twitter.com/#!/TylerFG
TylerFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida DunBroch View Post
I'd like to think of myself as an author. I've currently limited myself to one story (not including fanfiction!) about vampires and werewolves. I want to participate in NaNoWriMo again this year, but I'm not sure. I also write poetry and songs.
Yeah that might be smart, limiting to one story xD
You should do the NaNoWriMo it's really fun and you can get feedback and the Name Bank is AWESOME. I go there all the time for last names lol. I write songs too. Only lyrics though.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #15
Princess_Kayla
Pre Published Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFG View Post
I am. Your review was nice btw, I'll totally take it into consideration. I'm writing the second half now.
Awesome (: I love to help writers out. I'll be looking forward to reading more.

Tags
author, teen, writer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: