Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #391
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
I'm sorry you weren't happy with the cake. At least, the decorations were impressive.

That's an awesome cake for the price. What is Buzz standing on? Was it an iced cupcake or a cloud of icing?
Buzz was standing on more cake. Actually, it was a different color cake than the rest which was which. This looked more yellowish in color. I didn't get to taste it but my older son ate that part. There was no filling in it and he said it tasted different from the rest of the cake. He loved the fondant on the large cake but said the fondant on this little part was too hard.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 06-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #392
Jennafoo
Mouseketeer

Hi, all! Thought I'd come out of LurkyTown, since I finally booked my first ever Disney trip. Go me, and all that.

I do have a cake question... Are the bakeries allowed to recreate sports team logos on custom cakes? I'm a huge fan of an obscure English football team ('soccer' to you), but I'm guessing that would be all copyright infringe-y.

Anyone able to prove me right or wrong?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #393
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=lurkyloo;45249059]Hmmm... well one way I know of to customize Mickey's Delight is to get Donald stamps instead of Mickeys... Also, Ariel has a bunch of sisters, and Lilo has a big sister. There's probably a cute shot of her snuggling Lilo somewhere that you could use. You could also skip the Disney theme and have the cake themed to something else your sister enjoys, or even just her favorite colors.

If I get an Ariel white chocolate topper, do i send my own pic or do they have a set of pics to pick from?
Old 06-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #394
nym4588
Mouseketeer

Cake by Chef Brian at the Contemporary...had it delivered to the Plaza restaurant at MK. He did an amazing job, the picture does not do this cake justice.
10" Marble with a layer of milk chocolate mousse filling and one layer of peanut butter. The peanut butter was insanely good.
$155+ tax & tip

This was the most magical Disney experience we've ever had. The server entered the dining room with the cake and made a big birthday announcement. The entire restaurant sang Happy Birthday to dad! He was in shock but oh so thrilled!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #395
nym4588
Mouseketeer

My theme was "Disney Memories" so I had him write Four Parks, One Family
on the cake.
It's hard to see clearly but behind the banner is a pair of yellow fondant Mickey shoes sitting on a round platform.

Last edited by nym4588; 06-24-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #396
courtneylauren
Disney College Program Fall Advantage 2014 Vacation Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nym4588 View Post
on the cake.
It's hard to see clearly but behind the banner is a pair of yellow fondant Mickey shoes sitting on a round platform.

WOW that is such an amazing cake!!! What great memories!

Follow me on my journey!
Twitter/Instagram: @courtneysuchart
Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Instagram!

My Disney College Program Blog: http://www.courtneydcp.com
Old 06-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #397
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
on the cake.

I just lurk this thread, but had to post that this is the most precious idea for a cake I've ever seen

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

Old 06-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #398
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2disney View Post
Little worried...I just called to place my DS 10th Birthday cake, we are staying at BWI and would like it delivered to the room. I called the BB directly and spoke to a CM who stated all cake orders needed to be placed through private dining, she transferred me to them. I wanted a Haunted Mansion theme, 6" or 8" due to it only being 3 of us in our party. The only custom size she said I could order would be a 10". So I went with that knowing it is way too much cake and worrying how it might come out quoting me the $45 for the cake and $30 for HM theme. Any thoughts or suggestions? Am I going to get a screen print :/
I would call back and ask for the pastry chef's email address so you can send her photos of the Haunted Mansion cakes from this thread (or the threads linked to in the first post). That way they'll know exactly what you're going for. I wish the other bakeries would be as amenable as the GF and Contemporary about customizing smaller sizes of cakes. 10 inches is HUGE and expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennafoo View Post
I do have a cake question... Are the bakeries allowed to recreate sports team logos on custom cakes? I'm a huge fan of an obscure English football team ('soccer' to you), but I'm guessing that would be all copyright infringe-y.
I've seen Disney do TONS of sports-themed cakes, including English football teams. Mostly you see them as groom's cakes done by the Grand Floridian Bakery for Disney weddings. It shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post

If I get an Ariel white chocolate topper, do i send my own pic or do they have a set of pics to pick from?
They seem to have a library of clip art that they use for screen-printed cakes and toppers, but if there's a specific image you want, I'd send it in.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #399
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

So I just wanted to share the few issues I had with the cake ordering process. I posted on here earlier when I couldn't get ahold of anyone when I called the number. Well I finally got ahold of someone and ordered the cake for my parents anniversary. It was supposed to be delivered at Ohana at dessert time. I confirmed it with the host at the podium and he said the waiter would check to make sure it had been delivered to the resort and then he would present it at dessert time. Well long story short the waiter didn't deliver the cake (didn't even acknowledge my parents anniversary despite the buttons and the note on the reservation). After dinner I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be charged for the cake and I talked to the restaurant manager and it turns out thye did have the cake and it just wasn't delivered by the waiter. To make up for this the very nice manager gave us the cake for free and paid for the cab ride back to por. He was very nice and the problems weren't really with the cake ordering hotline but rather with that waiter. Here is a pic of the cake.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #400
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience with delivery, although I'm glad you did end up with the cake eventually. But this makes me feel like less of a nerd for sneaking away to double-check with our server about the surprise cake I ordered. Guess I'd better keep doing that!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #401
MYD714
Please stand clear of the doors...

Quote:
on the cake.

WOW!! My dad would love a cake like this if we ever manage to get him to WDW for his bday. I love it!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #402
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

If you want something besides cake, white chocolate figurines, or chocolate covered strawberries there is an alternative. My boyfriend wanted to surprise me during 0ur private dinner at the Grand Floridian and Pat suggested something:

Cost: $25.00 - ring not included.

I couldn't tell you what the chocolate tasted like, I was ugly crying too much to even taste it. It was for the anniversary of the day we met .
Old 06-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #403
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
If you want something besides cake, white chocolate figurines, or chocolate covered strawberries there is an alternative. My boyfriend wanted to surprise me during 0ur private dinner at the Grand Floridian and Pat suggested something:

Beautiful, and very sweet.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #404
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Does the Minnie head cake fit into the fridge at the villas?
Old 06-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #405
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had a Star Wars cake done? I see the white chocolate Jedi Mickey can only be done at BC/YC which might work but I don't need that and I was kind of hoping for something at CR from Chef Brian.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: