Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #76
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairzo View Post
I'm booked for April 17-27 at POR in a Royal Room!! Only 304 days to go!
I'm hoping to book the same - only it would be either April 16-21 or April 13-18. DD's 5th b-day is the 17th and trying to figure if it's best to celebrate our first day or last (probably go with first!). Still trying to convince DH on the trip... Then I have to pursuade for the Royal Room...
Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #77
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

MMS1125, I checked into OKW, and while the rooms look huge and it has 2 queen beds....I am not sure about the location? Seems kinda blah?? I could be wrong. We passed through that area on the Disney bus going to DTD and it seemed just like I thought " A golf course" Unless someone can chime in here and prove me wrong? We have stayed at Dixie Landings 1x, POFQ1x, and enjoyed the boat to DTD waiting for 2013 rates!!! ughhh
DS (14)
Lily
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #78
Rayvnn
WDW with two kids

My husband says we should have the money to go in April 2013. We were planning to go in September 2012, but life got in the way. I am not sure when to go in April. My sons will be 5yo and 2yo. My husband wants to stay at AOA in a regular room. The last time we went we stayed at AKL in May 2008. I have only stayed at Poly and AKL. My eldest son will be in school when we plan to go. He will be attending a PPCD, Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities.

Leslie

Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #79
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I think I've updated the first post correctly. If you see an error, please let me know!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #80
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

So happy to find this thread!!! We are tentatively planning for April 20-27, possibly adding a day or two on to one end if there are discounts offered. We were originally thinking of staying at the Contemporary, but I think we have mostly settled now on Beach Club, mostly because DH wants to be close to Epcot for dinner every night

This will be our 3rd "big trip" as a family, though I grew up taking many smaller or day trips, as did DH since we both lived in Florida for a while as kids. And sometimes we squeeze in a "mini-trip" when we go down to visit my parents who live in Naples, FL. But it will be DS's first trip - he'll be 2.5 when we go!!! (I was 6 months pregnant with him last time we went) DD will be 9.5. So, no coincidence that we're trying to get one more trip in before it gets much more expensive, lol!

I just wish they would hurry up and start letting us book packages - after they released them so early last year (and I had no trip to plan) I was very hopeful that we would be "official" by now.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #81
bigjrfan88
Mouseketeer

April is a very long way away.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #82
DisneyKhaleesi
Former Disney Princess

My husband and I are planning our vow renewal and will be visiting April 14-20th 2013. Its SO far away and I'm perturbed with WDW not having the package rates available so we can get this show on the road but we are VERY excited to be coming back to my home away from home! Looks like the FL refurb will be a WONDERFUL anniversary gift! Now...if I could only be patient enough for April to get here!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #83
Daddee
Mouseketeer

See my ticker! the wait for packages is killing me!

4/09 ASMo
Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #84
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

me too!!! Its giving me too much time to maybe rethink April?? Now I am entertaining Feb...I must be losing it
DS (14)
Lily
Old 06-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #85
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88 View Post
April is a very long way away.
Oh no it isn't. It's already one day closer than it was yesterday! Before we know it we will be booking ADRs.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #86
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

Joining in.

We will be staying at WBC (Wyndam Bonnet Creek) so off-site I guess April 10-18 then DCL on 18th. I am very excited and after several long waits for trips I know it will come eventually but it seems so long now.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 06-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #87
CariAEB
Earning My Ears

Hello all!

I've never posted on the DIS boards before (and just starting to read more) but I am so beside myself excited for my trip next April that I had to post because I know you all understand me!

I went to WDW twice as a kid and my husband and I have been twice as adults with friends and without any kids.

Next April my DH and I are taking our kids for the first time. DD1 will be 8.5 and DD2 will turn 5 while we are there. We're going with my in-laws who are DVC members.

Going April 14 - 20, 2013 and staying at the Boardwalk.

SO EXCITED and trying to not make my DH crazy with whatever new fact or idea I have each day.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #88
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariAEB View Post
Hello all!

I've never posted on the DIS boards before (and just starting to read more) but I am so beside myself excited for my trip next April that I had to post because I know you all understand me!

I went to WDW twice as a kid and my husband and I have been twice as adults with friends and without any kids.

Next April my DH and I are taking our kids for the first time. DD1 will be 8.5 and DD2 will turn 5 while we are there. We're going with my in-laws who are DVC members.

Going April 14 - 20, 2013 and staying at the Boardwalk.

SO EXCITED and trying to not make my DH crazy with whatever new fact or idea I have each day.

We will be glad to keep your excitement growing! Warning, when your husband's eyes start to glaze over, it is time to stop talking and do some more DISing.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #89
CariAEB
Earning My Ears

Be Our Guest

I'm back to do a little jumping up and down about the "Be Our Guest" restaurant. I see that they've announced that they will start taking ADR in August, well ahead of when we need to make ours in mid-October and I just saw the menu as well. Yay!!!

So EXCITING!!! LOL!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #90
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

ugh want those 2013 rates already! So after 17 trips to WDW, we have never ever stepped foot onto any of the water parks....thinking of trying one or both out for our April 2013 trip. I can't seem to find any current threads on BB or TL anyone want to help share some info? Please
DS (14)
Lily
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: