Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rani8600 View Post
just be careful if you do this. being vegan for a few months already means it is possible that eating dairy will make you really sick.
I totally agree.

I'm not vegan, but I was for awhile. For me, going vegan doesn't change my stomach, but my environmental allergy levels. I was doing beautifully, wasn't even craving dairy at all. The dark circles under my eyes were almost gone (those circles are an effect of dairy in some people), I didn't have allergies...

Then I was eating black bean dip one day and started a wild, huge sneezing attack. Once I could breathe and see again, I read the ingredients. Whey. Just that tiny amount, tiny ingredient, brought it all back in force.

So be careful. Might not be such a great idea to try cheese while on vacation... And, for me, as ovo lacto vegetarian, fancy cheese platters aren't fun for me anyway, because there's no ingredient label to check the rennet-status. (I deal with the rennet possibility with normal cheese-containing foods, but a cheese plate is different for me)

Oh, and since going veggie I've slowly and steadily gained weight. Going vegan I lost, but that's b/c the foods I have problems with, in terms of portion-control, are all ovo and lacto containing items! Vegan chocolate cake, for instance, isn't so good that I eat half a cake, but egg-containing cake IS. For me, it comes down to portion control.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: