Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Those Are The Most Disgusting Teeth I Have Ever Seen!

We all got into the taxi van and headed back toward Downtown Juneau. I asked the driver if she would drop us off at Tracy's and she said she would be glad to! We said goodbye to the others as they were going back to the ship and walked up to Tracy's Crab Shack!

We walked right up, and placed our order. It took maybe 15 minutes or so for them to make our food, I was so glad that it was cooked to order! We got the Large Bucket of Crab, which was like 3 Lbs of King Crab Legs, one with a claw on it, coleslaw, garlic roll, and drawn butter. Jeremy was really starting to love that Alaskan White Label Beer and they had it on draft, so he got one of those too!

By the time we got our food it was 1:00, and we had to be back on the ship by 2:00! That King Crab was OUTSTANDING! No wonder everyone loves Tracy's!! It was most definitely the best either one of us has ever had. All other crab we have from now on will be compared to the King Crab at Tracy's! It is a little expensive, but definitely worth budgeting some extra money for it! When we were done eating we had a few minutes to spare, so of course Jeremy wanted his picture as a Crab Fisherman!

We knew we needed to get the prerequisite postcards and magnet, so we popped over to the store across the street, then caught the shuttle back to the Wonder. If anyone is wondering, it is on the ship side of the Mt Roberts Tramway area, there are loads of little kiosks set up to if you want to book any excursions from there. We actually did have to wait in a little line to get back on the ship today, but it still didn't take very long at all! We headed straight up to the room, it gave me some time to catch up on notes before the evenings festivities. Jeremy fell asleep and had a little nap while I was getting ready. So we decided to go up to Cove Cafe again for some coffee, this time however we went to the top part on Deck 10 and sat at the bar.

We sipped our coffee for a while and then went down to Shutters to look for the newest photos, and were excited when we saw The Schindels there! We hung out with them for a good long while today! We stood in line with them and talked for Hook & Mr Smee, it was pirate night after all. Jeremy had an eye patch to wear to dinner and the most disgusting teeth I have ever seen!

Next we all stood in line together for Pirate Mickey! Jeremy wanted to be funny in that picture and do the Captain Morgan stance from the rum bottle!

After Mickey they had to go to dinner. So sadly, we said goodbye for the time being, and Jeremy and I made a quick stop by the room so he could put his contacts in for the show tonight Toy Story The Musical! We were going to get our photo with Captain Jack but he was taking a break when we were about to get in line, so we just went ahead into the show! We got seated, and the couple we now referred to as "Six Flags" because of the Match Your Mate Game Show, sat down in front of us, so we had a little chuckle about that! So, I read all sorts of "reviews" about Toy Story before we got onboard and so I wanted to see for myself how it was. We actually thought it was pretty cool! There were some really neat effects in the show which I really enjoyed. I didn't mind that Andy and Sid were played by females, because you really need that in order to get the voices right, and they were GREAT at their roles! The only thing that I thought was a little strange was that some of the voices in the show were pre-recorded, so you had a mixture of voices from the film, and live? But again, not that big of a deal. So with everything as far as a Disney Stage Production goes, I would give it a solid A-. When the show was over we walked over to Studio Sea and caught "A Pirate's Life For Me". It was pretty cute and really funny at the same time. We were really excited about Dinner tonight, for one we were in Parrot Cay, which was perfect for Pirate Night, and two, it was the Taste of Alaska Menu! So we went in once again to our lovely little Table 75!

So for our appetizers tonight we each had the crab legs, we wanted to see how they compared to Tracy's. I feel sorry for Disney even having to try and compete with that...For my main course I had the Honey Mustard Marinated Alaskan Salmon with a side of Elk, just because I wanted to taste it, since it was Juniper-Spiced and that sounded interesting!

Jeremy got the marinated sirloin steak with a side of elk also, he thought the side sounded good too (copycat)! The elk sauce is pretty strong if any of you decided to get it on your cruise, the meat however was delicious! So if you get the elk, just eat a little of the sauce, because it really packs a wallop! It took us a little while to decide on dessert tonight

Mr chocaholic didn't have a hard time deciding though, of course he got the Skagway Chocolate Truffle Torte, I ended up getting the Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta, after I ordered it Mario looked shocked. He said that it is his favorite dessert but no one ever orders it! I love Panna Cotta, they had a really good mango one at Palo Brunch, and are supposed to have another really good one for Dinner at Palo!

So after dinner there was the Pirate Party (in the atrium), The big Pirate Night Buffet at Beach Blanket...well we didn't make it to either one of them. I know I know, I swear I feel so old going to bed so early! But we were tired from staying up late the night before, and getting up again to be ready and out in Juneau! These early port times were killing me, tomorrow in Ketchikan we have an arrival time of 7:15 and leave there by 12:30!! BUT, I am so excited about tomorrow! It is our 5th Anniversary! I am also proud to say that I kept the surprise from Jeremy the entire time! He still doesn't know anything about it! I booked the Flight Seeing with Island Wings, we are going to the Misty Fjords National Monument! We have I think 2 hours of flight time, plus a lake landing, with 30 minutes to walk around! That is the picture that I want to hang up in our living room from Alaska! So needless to say! I cannot wait for tomorrow!!!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: