Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #151
Dancersmom2
Earning My Ears

I guess I need to update my reply from last night, as I think I changed my mind.

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am happy with what I got

Originally I was happy with a catagory 8a but now I realized that the room is a handicap accesible one, which I don't need, and therefore it doesn't have the split bathroom, that I really do need. There are 4 of us including a 13 year old girl so the split bath is really kind of a necessity. I guess that is the chance that I took when I book an OGT room and I knew that. We had been talking about seeing how much a port upgrade to a verandah would be, so I think we will try for that and see what happens. If we don't get it, this certainly won't ruin the cruise for us it will just be a bit of an inconvenience we have to deal with. I do still have my cabana at Castaway Cay that I was lucky enough to snag when someone canceled.
Dancersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #152
Stayc
Earning My Ears

Fantasy 7/14

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11a 8027
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not sure
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 28

Considering that most people are getting upgrades all the way up to 4a's, I feel a little cheated. At least an upgrade to a deluxe inside would have made me feel a little better. This is our third cruise and I booked directly with DCL. So I get no obc and no upgrade. Not feeling the magic.
Stayc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #153
princesscinderella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancersmom2 View Post
I guess I need to update my reply from last night, as I think I changed my mind.

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am happy with what I got

Originally I was happy with a catagory 8a but now I realized that the room is a handicap accesible one, which I don't need, and therefore it doesn't have the split bathroom, that I really do need. There are 4 of us including a 13 year old girl so the split bath is really kind of a necessity. I guess that is the chance that I took when I book an OGT room and I knew that. We had been talking about seeing how much a port upgrade to a verandah would be, so I think we will try for that and see what happens. If we don't get it, this certainly won't ruin the cruise for us it will just be a bit of an inconvenience we have to deal with. I do still have my cabana at Castaway Cay that I was lucky enough to snag when someone canceled.

If your cabin is forward you could always run up to the spa showers if everyone is getting ready at the same time. I loved the shampoo and conditioner in them and they are roomier. If you are aft though it's a bit of a trek.
Disney Dream cruise on 7/29/2011, 1/26/12, 7/21/13
Disney Fantasy on 7/28/12 and 3/30/2013
Epocot F&W 1/2 marathon 2012
Aulani 6/13
princesscinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #154
Dancersmom2
Earning My Ears

PrincessCinderealla, thanks for the idea on the spa showers that just might work for us. We are all the way at the front of the ship.
Dancersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #155
shaycamp21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddisneyfamily View Post
I think it would be interesting to see what kind of rooms are being assigned when booking a IGT, OGT or VGT room. I'm interested to see what categories are assigned, if the assigned rooms are in desirable locations, etc. I didn't see a thread that followed these over time, so if you booked one of these rooms could you please post your assignments when you get them (or post now if you recently got your assignment)? Please include:
My parents joined us on the May 19th (eastern) Fantasy and though we did not book a GTY they did.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
VGT on the Disney Fantasy.

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?They were assigned a room at 11 days out.

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?The got a CAT 5E (deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda) Stateroom # 8682 (accessible room)

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? They were happy with the location (very back of the ship) and the room. Being an accessible room it was beyond HUGE, it was great because they stored our baby's big stroller and car seat (kept open) for us!! The veranda was also massive (awesome view from the back of the ship) had two chairs and two loungers on either side (we spent a lot of time there). They didn't have a split bath or tub but were fine with that. My dad's only complaint was because the room was so big and the couch and bed were far from the tv it was hard to see the tv. He felt the tv should have been larger for such a big room.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We ended up linking our reservation so my parents were not too far from us (8682) and our stateroom was 8668.

#6. How many days before departure date did you book?
They booked around 6 wks out.
I think tracking this info over time will give us a better idea of what we might anticipate when booking one of these bargain rooms...
Old 06-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #156
Im_A_Princess
PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

Location: Maryland ~893.52 miles from my FL home in Port Canaveral

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy B2B
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 24 & 30 days out
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy (has a good room review) http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We are on a B2B Fantasy cruise (July 21 & July 28). Happy we have the same room for both cruises!
#6. How many days before departure did you book? 49

We saved $5,332.08 (total saved w/both cruises) when compared to if we were assigned and a cat 7A (lowest non-VGT verandah rate now for our cruises).
I think DCL assigned our rooms earlier rather than later because we have B2B cruises and it would have been more difficult later to get the request granted that we not change rooms. I am just thrilled we have the same room for both cruises!

-Chrissy 116 days onboard DCL and counting...)

Last edited by Im_A_Princess; 06-27-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Im_A_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #157
cmh06
Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT on Fantasy 7/14
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? We got a room with a Verandah!!!!! 6th floor.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 5.5 months
cmh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #158
JanBlessed
Mouseketeer

VGT on the Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
Not sure, LOL! Rm 6070
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Yes! Mid ship vertically and horizontally, no obstruction, close 2 stair & elev. access!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?N/a - just DH , DS5 and I.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 70
Old 06-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #159
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaycamp21 View Post
That sounds like a nice room. A little off topic, how was 8668? We are booked in that room in October. Did it have a pull down bunk?

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #160
RainyJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBlessed View Post
VGT on the Dream
Not sure, LOL! Rm 6070
Looks like a 5D

Disney Dream 7/8/12
5-night Double Dip!

Other cruises: 3/01 CCL Imagination; 8/11 RCI Freedom of the Seas
RainyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #161
MNH
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBlessed View Post
VGT on the Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
Not sure, LOL! Rm 6070
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Yes! Mid ship vertically and horizontally, no obstruction, close 2 stair & elev. access!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?N/a - just DH , DS5 and I.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 70
What date is your cruise? Mine is 7-13-12....I am getting ansy to know the cabin!
MNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #162
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? 3 IGT cabins
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 22
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are extremely happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? All 3 rooms side-by-side and 2 of them connecting rooms.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 39

Can't believe how fortunate we are to get upgraded to verandas! We booked last minute deal (IGT) and was just hoping that we would have 3 rooms close together. Thank you DCL!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #163
mddisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy View Post

Can't believe how fortunate we are to get upgraded to verandas! We booked last minute deal (IGT) and was just hoping that we would have 3 rooms close together. Thank you DCL!
Wow, NICE!!!
mddisneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #164
Stayc
Earning My Ears

Bump
Stayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #165
Alohagirl73
Mouseketeer

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT on Fantasy

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9A (I think) on the 8th deck forward

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are happy! Never cruised Disney! Just so excited to be going on the Fantasy on the 14th of this month!!!!!!

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Over 4 months before
Alohagirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: