Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
TopRowSeat
Married to a DIS Veteran

Not a lot to add here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post

I was up at 2:00!
So... you were awake early enough that if you hurried you could have still made it to the bar before it closed. Just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post

The traffic was not too bad...
Ugh, the pickup / dropoff lane was crazy. We sat, squeezed, wiggled and finally made our way to drop off on pier 90. I kept Matt with me to help keep an eye on signs and then proceeded to ignore most of them. I found myself in the right lane needing to make a left turn where I'm pretty sure I saw a "No Left Turn" sign. Yeah, well....

After my left turn we waiting again a couple of lights to turn back into the port. This time we made the lovely right turn at the top of the ramp towards parking. I was prepared for the bill but still choked a little on the $280 parking charge.

The security guy and security dog gave us a once over but we must not have looked or smelled too dangerous so they let us pass.

The rest of it was all... fine... Not nearly as smooth and efficient as Port Canaveral. They appeared to be having computer problems but I'm not sure if it was the computer system itself or the people trying to use them that were the problem.

The Castaway Club check in line moved along ok but then we moved to the kid club line... I was getting rather impatient at this point. They only had two computers available to get wristbands for the kid's clubs. That line just inched along. By the time we got through that one I had been in one line or another for almost 90 minutes and I was ready for a drink. They called our number almost immediately and we were herding through to the pre-boarding photo (also known as the skinny photo) and off to the ship!

Whoops... not so fast.. after the photo it seems that Disney was having second thoughts about allowing one of us to board the ship. I don't think it was a coindidence that Kristi's card didn't work. It was painful to stand there an extra few minutes and wait while she got a new card... so close to heaven but yet so far.

Finally they decided that she wasn't dangerous and we were allowed to enter....

'00 Dixie Landings + DCL (Wonder) / '06 WL / '08 POFQ / '10 BLT / '11 DCL (Magic) / '12 DCL (Magic) / '13 AKV / '13 DCL (Fantasy) / '14 HHI / '14 DCL (Dream) / '15 DCL (Wonder)
TopRowSeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: