DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
tinibee
Mouseketeer

Parking at Tokyo Disnelyland Hotel

We are staying at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel next month using our DVC points. Does anyone know if the parking is free when you book with points or will we have to pay for it?

Thanks!
tinibee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
DVCBrian
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinibee View Post
We are staying at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel next month using our DVC points. Does anyone know if the parking is free when you book with points or will we have to pay for it?

Thanks!
I'd be shocked to learn that parking was free at any TDR resort hotel for DVC guests - it's not free for anyone else as far as I can tell. From the web site, looks like guest parking rates at TDH are 2,000 JPY for the first night and 1,000 JPY for each additional night.

I have never considered driving anywhere in Japan. I hope you speak Japanese and are absolutely comfortable driving on the "wrong" side of the road ("wrong" from the perspective of a US driver).

If you aren't fluent in Japanese, I would hope you'd reconsider your plan to drive and instead consider the extensive public transportation network throughout Japan for your trip. For example, there are a variety of Japan Rail passes that can help to make a trip more cost effective for a tourist even with extensive use of trains.
DVCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
tinibee
Mouseketeer

Thanks DVCBrian! I'm actually moving to Japan this week to catch up with my husband who is stationed there. We are planning on driving because our new home is about 2.5 hours away from Tokyo Disney via train. Despite having to pay for toll roads, it actually works out cheaper our family of four to drive there.

I'm not surprised that there is no free parking at TDR, but was hoping for the best. Oh well. Still can't wait to go!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
DVCBrian
Earning My Ears

TDR is home to our favorite Disney theme park, DisneySea! Please post your thoughts after you make your first visit - I'm sure others would be interested to hear your first time observations.
DVCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
tinibee
Mouseketeer

In case anyone is wondering - we stayed 3 nights at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel on points. Parking at the hotel is fantastic, right underneath the hotel. We initally missed the turn to the hotel, but the people at the gate to general parking were very kind and helped direct us to the hotel garage.

We paid for our parking upon checkout (you get a ticket when you drive in and you can either pay when checking out or pay at the machine as you drive out of the garage). We were only charged 2000 yen for the parking. The parking was not free, but cheaper than having to pay for every night we were there.

We also bought our park tickets when we arrived, but they didn't charge us for them until we checked out. Because we stayed on points, we only had to pay for the tickets we had already enjoyed and the first night parking. Not too shabby!

Once we parked when we first arrived, we never went back to the car until we left. The monorail system met all our needs and then some.

I LOVED the Tokyo Disneyland Resort and cannot wait for our next visit!

Tags
dvc perks, tokyo disneyland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: