Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #991
toystoryduo
Have I said anything clever??
Maybe not yet but I think I can. I think I can. I think I can

I'm sorry to hear about the car accident. Thank God that no one was hurt! I hope the insurance process goes smoothly for you.

Scrubbing the back porch definitely counts as exercise! I hope you'll post a picture of the new tile when it's finished. I'd love to see it!

Have a relaxing weekend, Lisa!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #992
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Back again after a very busy past few days.

Tile is in and looks great. The guys did a wonderful job. I was very impressed that they came back on Saturday and finished it while it was raining. Just hung a tarp and they went to work.

Saturday we had a really bad storm go through. I ended up in the powder room with DD and the dog. Both were very scared. DH and DS suited up and were ready to go out as soon as the storm let up. They helped clear several trees that came down. Thankfully there wasn't any serious damage.

Sunday was a very cool and calm day (thankfully).

Monday DH and I took DD to New Orleans for her first big Mardi Gras parade and we ended up seeing 3. We have friends who have a condo on one of the main parade streets and a balcony that overlooks the street. Very nice to be up above the crowd and able to see the floats and all away from the crowds. We were in a residential area that is family friendly and very far away from the caos of Bourbon Street that everyone sees on the news.

Tuesday, back to work and walking. We walked 5.39 miles and it felt great.

Wednesday, kids were back to school today, but it's a short week so DD doesn't have much school work to do. April and I walked again and did 5.10 miles. Funny that now we can do over 5 miles and not even think about it. Mostly we stop due to the time not that we are tired. April was very surprised when I said it was time to stop tonight.
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #993
toystoryduo

The guys did a wonderful job on your tile.

I'm so sorry to hear about the storm on Saturday! I'm glad that everyone is okay!

Way to go on all of that walking that you guys are doing! Keep up the good work!

Have a wonderful day today, my friend!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #994
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Thanks Tracy. I am happy with the tile. DH wants some new furniture now.

Had to work Friday. Fridays are for the birds, as there is always a problem. Got it worked out, but

Spent the evening baking for DD's snack table at our yard sale and getting stuff ready. DH came home not feeling well and went to bed. DS took DD to the skating rink for a couple of hours. He's a good kid.

Today was the yard sale. Our dance school has a large parking lot and is on the main street through town. Lots of traffic. Several of us set up booths. It was cold and windy, but we had lots of customers. I wasn't able to take much up there since DH was sick, but I got a few things there and had a small booth. I sold a good bit of it. The big things I had went and DD did well at her snack stand. One man bought just because at the bottom of her sign it says "Earning money for Disney". (it used to say "earning money for Mickey Bars" but most people didn't know what Mickey Bars are.) He said he loves Disney and is willing to help any kid earning money to go there. Turns out he is a local business owner and owns a reception center that we were going to contact about having our yearly dinner at. He said he would give us a deal on the rental.

Very tired tonight, but the day was good. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I hope to get a little rest.

PS - I have been working on finances a lot and I am optomistic. Now if everything goes as I have it planned on paper and there are NO suprises whatsoever, we'll be good.

Last edited by eyor44; 02-25-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #995
toystoryduo

Yay for the yard sale and for your DD's Disney money!

How was the rest of your weekend? Did you guys get more storms?

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #996
toystoryduo

Hi Lisa!

How has your week been? I hope all is well with you and your family!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #997
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Hello Tracy!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. *sigh* I'm a bad Wisher.

First, our yard sale went rather well. It was cold and windy, but we did okay. DD sold out of snacks so she was happy.

Weather has been okay around here. We have had a couple of rather intense storms, but nothing unusual. March certainly came in as a Lion and today went out as a Lamb.

Walking has been sporadic. We try, but things just aren't working for us right now. Nor have I been able to walk at work. I have been so busy and forget the time or when I am ready to go, someone comes in with an emergency. We don't have any races right now, but I've notice a few pounds creeping back on.

This past week has been focused on dance. We had extra practice this week (3 times) and they were very intense practices. We dance at Disney this coming Friday. If anyone is around we'll be on the main DTD stage across from World of Disney. Dancing at 1:30pm.

Speaking of Disney, it's only 10:00pm and the car is packed. Toiletry bag, computer case and pillow/blankets are the only things left to go in. Not sure what is going on, I am never ready this early.

The kids and I head out in the morning. DH will join us on Thursday. He is flying in and using ME for the first time. He was totally amazed when I explained to him how ME works and that he doesn't have to fool with his bag. Yep, just put that yellow tag on and they do the rest.

Gram has gone to my DB's for a month. She is not happy about us going to Disney and not taking her. I don't have the funds to take her also and it didn't work out very well last time, so we just don't go there. Disney is my happy place where others take care of me for a week. I still have DD to do for, but not near as much as at home. Taking Gram along would not be a vacation for me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #998
toystoryduo

Have a wonderful time in Disney!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #999
COASTIEandMATE
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyor44 View Post
Meet Roo, my walking buddy.

She is eight years old and sixty pounds of solid muscle. At the beginning of each walk, she is always in the lead. She loves to walk.
She is adorable! Even if she slows you down or whatever just remember she waits all day for her special time with you! Nothing says happy like a wagging tail!! Aloha, Karen
Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #1000
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting about my puppy. She is adorable and we love her. Unfortunately she doesn't walk with me anymore. I was taking her to the track and she would do 2 miles and then sit in the car while I finished. Two miles doesn't work for her anymore, so we stick to quiet walks around our immediate neighborhood.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #1001
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Hello All!
Yes, I am back again. One thing about me, I don't give up easy. If you noticed my title change, yes it's true. I've Gone Goofy!!!!

After the Marathon in January, April and I decided to do the Full next year. Then there is the promise to DS17. If he could make the grades, he could go do the 1/2, he isn't old enough to do the Full. Then DH decided he wants to do the 1/2 also. There goes our No Husbands/No Kids weekend. IF DH and DS are doing the 1/2, I am going to have to do it with them. The entire process can be a bit overwhelming for a first timer, and knowing my DH and DS. They could get lost before they even get to the starting line. But we want to do the Full. Can we do both? Could we try? Do both when we have never even done the Full??????? Well, we are going to try.

We have been walking off and on as we can, and doing okay. Here is my week in review.
Monday - exercise and stretching at home
Tuesday - Walking at work (30 minutes) and walking in the evening (4 miles)
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - stretching at work and walking in the evening (7 miles)
Friday - nothing so far.

We could have kept walking last night, as usual, we just ran out of time, plus since it has been almost three weeks since we have walked continuously, I didn't want to push it. Good thing is, I feel good the next day. No soreness or pain.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #1002
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Update on exercise.
Friday - nothing
Saturday - stretching and I walked a friend's dog. We were at their house for dinner and they kept mentioning that the dog needed a walk, but nobody got up to do it. So, I finally did. I figured walking the dog around the lake (just over a mile was better than nothing).
Sunday - nothing unless you count pushing shopping carts around WalMart, Sams and Target.
Monday (today) - stretching, crunches and leg lifts.

I have been watching my food. Sometimes I am a little slow, but I just realized the importance of protein foods. If I eat protein on a regular basis, then I am not as hungry throughout the day. Yep, took me a long time to learn that one.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #1003
Terapin
DIS Veteran

I've gone goofy too! Ack!

Sounds like it will be a fun weekend, even if it includes family. I am going with my sister.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #1004
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Terapin, sorry I missed your post. It was a great weekend and we were successful in our quest for the Goofy medal. I hope you were also.

We are now signed up for Dopey. We did the unofficial Dopey this year and will do the inaugural in January 2014. Very excited.

I will be updating this thread, maybe not every day, but I will be tracking my progress and what I do.

This week I walked three times. Twice on a track and once around PetSmart with the puppy. Around and around and around for about 40 minutes. Not much but it counts for something. The two times at the track I did 2+ miles and average 14 minute miles. Not bad.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #1005
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Nothing on Monday as we had our last session of Dance pictures, and that took most of the evening.
Tuesday, I went to the track at work and walked for 31 minutes and did 2.29 miles. Not a bad mile per minute.

The track is right behind a daycare and the PreK class comes out sometimes when I am there. Last week one of the kids asked why I am there so much and the teacher used it as an opportunity to talk about exercise to keep healthy. This week, when I passed them once, one child said, "there goes the runner!" No one has ever called me a runner before, as I walk more than I run. It felt good.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: