Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #841
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

Ok, I know this might sound like a stupid question when you are paying so much money to eat here, but for those of you who only drank a soft drink did they charge extra for it or was it included? I know that you have to pay for alcohol but what about the soda/iced tea?
sarahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #842
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Everything except alcoholic beverages is included. And the water is real bottled water.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #843
Wendybird55
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the menu Cheisre Figment...It looks delicious...I can hardly wait! I thought for the additional $ we may get some of the upgrade items in the Queens room, but when I was talking with a CM regarding our reservations she mentioned the upgraded items and I was given the impression we would also be charged for them in the Queens room.

I am not a wine drinker at all, but DH enjoys a good glass and I think he will enjoy the wine pairing...and if offered I know he would like to try the Wagu and kobe beefs...so it's nice to know it's already included.

The last and only time I went the V&A was around the time it first opened. At that time is was inlcuded on the DP! But that was when there was only one dining plan and it included everything...3 sit down meals, appetizer, entree, dessert, soft drink, tax and tip! My sister and I went to V&A, top of contemporary (not CA grill at time), Aloha Luau, Hoop De Doo, etc. all on that dining plan.....
Wendybird55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #844
domiii
To all who come to this happy place, welcome! - Walter E. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendybird55 View Post
...I saw about Kobe and Waju beef upgrades - I believe pricing is $45 & $80. Does anyone know of anyothers...and also are any upgrades included in price of Queen Victoria room that may not be for the main dining room?
We were in the QVR in May for our 25th Anniversary. There was also a fish upgrade, turbo, I think was the choice. It was about $40 as was the Waygu. Kobe was on our menu. We got the Waygu as an upgrade for DH and he got both beef choices. There were also caviar options, but I don't remember the prices.
05/87 BV Palace/Contemporary ... 11/89 HoJo's ... 07/92 CBR ... 08/97 PO ... 11/99 ASMu/ASMo ... 06/02 WL/Wonder ... 04/04 Pop Century ... 11/04 POFQ ... 12/05 Christmas Magic-DCL ... 08/06 SSR ... 11/07 SSR GV ... 03/08 ASMu (K&D) ... 06/08 SSR (KE w/JR) ... 11/08 Wonder/SSR ... 07/09 OKW/AKL GV-KV/OKW ... 05/10 CS ... 12/10 SSR GV ... 04/11 ASMu ... 06/11 Dream/THV ... 05/12 THV ... 10/12 AKL-KV

domiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #845
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

My nephew is 13 and he really wants to try V&A. Overall, I think he'd like it. He is very adventurous with meats but won't eat salads or seafood. Will they let him order two items from the same section of the menu and skip a section. For example, I know in the past there was a course that had a choice of a duck or a buffalo appetizer. The next course were all seafood. Could he choose both the duck and the buffalo and skip the seafood course? TIA
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #846
ambgoph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
My nephew is 13 and he really wants to try V&A. Overall, I think he'd like it. He is very adventurous with meats but won't eat salads or seafood. Will they let him order two items from the same section of the menu and skip a section. For example, I know in the past there was a course that had a choice of a duck or a buffalo appetizer. The next course were all seafood. Could he choose both the duck and the buffalo and skip the seafood course? TIA
When you make your reservation, tell them he doesn't eat seafood. They will design a menu with choices for each course without seafood just for him.
ambgoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #847
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

So, you all have sold me. I am ready to go now. And, I avoid wearing a tie work, and I'm even ready to put it on for V & A. Now, I just have to convince DW who thinks it is ridiculous to spend that much money on dinner. And, yes, I am doing the wine.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #848
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

I am reading this thread and dreaming. DH and I are going to celebrate our anniversary next summer with a dinner here and we are both so excited. We love food but this is so far from anything we have ever experienced. This may sound bad but will we feel uncomfortable with the choices and the menu or are they understanding and explain things well? I hate feeling out of place but looking at the menu I already feel overwhelmed trying to figure out what I am supposed to pick from and what comes with each course. Glad I have a year to plan!
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #849
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
I am reading this thread and dreaming. DH and I are going to celebrate our anniversary next summer with a dinner here and we are both so excited. We love food but this is so far from anything we have ever experienced. This may sound bad but will we feel uncomfortable with the choices and the menu or are they understanding and explain things well? I hate feeling out of place but looking at the menu I already feel overwhelmed trying to figure out what I am supposed to pick from and what comes with each course. Glad I have a year to plan!
Since it is at Disney, they are friendly and accommodating to people that aren't used to fine restaurants. Fancy restaurants change the menu based on the fresh ingredients they have, so do not plan looking at old menus.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #850
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

In the Main Dining Room you get seven courses. If you look here you will see a sample for a recent menu.

You get the Amuse Bouce (which is three or four things the Chef has lying around in the kitchen) and one each from Course I through VI. They show the wine pairing items with each dish.

Note that anything with a price next to it is over and above the fixed price menu. And each person gets their own menu.

And the servers will explain any dish that you want more information about. Also about a week prior to your visit you will be contacted about any allergies or dislikes for each member of the party; and thier menus will not have those items but will have replacement choices.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #851
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

I notice in some of the V&A dining reports that coffee and tea is served during dessert. I love WDW hot fruity teas. Anyone know if they have a list of options for tea like they do at some of the signature restaurants?
Old 06-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #852
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Even if you don't like coffee, order the coffee at V&A. It is a spectacular show.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #853
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

I heard that they use the same machine to brew the tea as they do the coffee, so it wouldnt make a difference.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #854
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
I heard that they use the same machine to brew the tea as they do the coffee, so it wouldnt make a difference.
My tea came in a pressed pot....not the fancy coffee machine.

Jill in CO
Old 06-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #855
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

Well that is disappointing. I would hate for them to brew the coffee that I have no intention of drinking ( I cant stand anything that has coffee in it). But I really wanted to see the brewer in action. I'm planning on eating at the Chef's table if I can get it solo so I cant even watch it happen at another table being brewed.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: