Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #196
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Still running every other day or so. Ran 4k last night at a good pace. Today or tomorrow is a long run. Eek!

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #197
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Today I did a long run - about 10-10.5 miles/16-18k. My watch died during it. It was a trail run that turned into a train run/hike due to getting lost on the way back and adding an additional 75 minutes to our run! I thought I was reading the trail blazes correctly, but we ended up at the same loop twice, and almost a third time. Got out of there finally with help from my iphone compass. LOL Was on my feet either running or hiking for 3.25 hours. Tired now. Had a gel with me and some water, but should have had more. Lesson learned. Home now and had a recovery packet in some coconut milk (I think about 12g protein in total) and having some noodles. Will focus on more protein later.

Tomorrow is track.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #198
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Hey!! Hopefully I will see you at the 1/2 or the full. I still haven't decided which we are doing but I need to decide ASAP!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #199
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Hey!! Hopefully I will see you at the 1/2 or the full. I still haven't decided which we are doing but I need to decide ASAP!
We should make a plan to meet up and say hi! We are staying at Bay Lake.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #200
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Today was a track day. Felt really good, performed really well. At one point my Coach, who just did an Iron Man yesterday as training for his 100 miler in September, said, "you're really running out there, not jogging, RUNNING!!" which was a huge compliment, because, of course, I am/have been slow. But I am getting faster!

I did a 1.6k warm up, then 8x 400 meter repeats at 6:20/k with an active recovery in between of about 60 seconds/100 meters, then off again. Then a 1.6k cooldown. In total was 7.2k.

Tomorrow is a bike day with my new clips and shoes. Gone is casual biking. Coach said I need to get out for 2 hour bike rides as part of my cross training 2-3x a week on my non-running days. This is what I get for signing up for Goofy. His training plan includes lots of back to back running. I need all the time I can get with my ambitious plan, and really can't get injured. I have a lot of endurance to build.

If and when I succeed, I think he will have good bragging rights as a coach to take me from a very newbie slow runner to doing the Goofy in less than a year.

Very happy to make plans for the TOTTM today: got our hotel and flights booked, and even some meals! DH and I are staying at the GF CL for our first night, and then Kidani on our second (we will really just be there for sleeping as we plan to be out late at the after party). Excited to make it an adults weekend. DH and I are both running the 5k in the morning, and I am running the 10 miler in the evening. It is part of Coach's plan for back to back runs. In September I also have a 10k, then a 5k zombie run later that day - I was contemplating doing both, but now it is part of my training plan. Eek!

TOmorrow I am seeing the physio again. My shin pain went away with the extra rest on vacation and shorter runs, but she has tested my right foot as being far less flexible and weaker than my left. My hips are also very tight, as are my calves. Last week was active release and some acupuncture. This week she is going to teach me some exercises to improve my foot flexbility and ankle strength. Very excited to be actively working on stuff.

FInally, I am experimenting with energy and recovery stuff. Bought lots of different kind of gels, electrolyte tabs and protein stuff for post-running. With my long trail run yesterday my hands were quite swollen, and I had a bit of nausea and a mild headache. I know I needed electrolytes, but just had water. So, I will now use the electrolyte tabs and see how that goes.

After running tonight I had a great dinner of a protein shake, some raspberries and some seaweed salad. I had a small meal about 2 hours before my run of some salty bbq chicken and some carrot juice. I'm ashamed to admit that lunch was a hotdog at Costco and a Coke Zero. It was a really good hotdog though, and I loaded it with onions, sauerkraut and mustard, so at least I enjoyed it. Breakfast was a coffee, and orange and toast. Not a great day. We were out of most things, including fruits and veggies, but now the fridge is stocked full. Tomorrow dinner is salad (arugula and spinach) and baked salmon and quinoa.

Apparently I am a chatty Cathy tonight.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #201
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Weight loss has stalled a bit this week - and has been slowing down. Trying to ramp it back up so will journal my food again for a bit. Feel free to comment!

Breakfast:
Greek yogurt (about 3/4 cup?)
1/2 c blueberries
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp hemp hearts
1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp honey

Today I need to go for a big bike ride.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #202
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
We should make a plan to meet up and say hi! We are staying at Bay Lake.
we should definitely meet up. I'm not sure where we are staying yet, either Swan or AoA. I really want to stay at the Cars Hotel but I'm also not keen on values. Or I might get DVC points from a friend. I need to decide soon though.

I need to register soon, the 1/2 is 57% full already.

So what is Hemp heart?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #203
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Hemp hearts is the 'meat' of the hemp seed: lots of protein and essential fatty acids. Yummy and nutty.

Food has been either great for me, or not so good. Took the eldest for a grad dinner at a local chinese buffet that actually has quite a few healthy options (has a designation from the city for it). Got mostly veggies (still has quite a bit of fat I imagine in the sauteeing) and some meat and broiled fish. A few sushi rolls. But I did have dessert - little bites of a few decadent things.

This morning I am going out for a bike ride and will do some core work. Tonight I need to go for a short run. My race is tomorrow.

Did I mention we are considering putting in a pool? Meeting with 3 of the 4th contractor we are considering this morning! Looking forward to adding swimming regularly to my cross training, hopefully.

This morning breakfast is coffee and blackberries.

Just for comparison, today:

waist 38 (1.5" lost since April)
hips 45 (2.5" lost since April)
bust 47.5 (.5" lost since April - DH adds he really doesn't mind the lack of change there - cheeky boy!)

Sitting at 218. Ready to kick this up a notch.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #204
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Completed the 5miler/8k race. In the words of another runner, "it was stupid hot". Two collapsed runners that I saw. Was 34 degrees out and humid. THe course was hilly (golf course) and about 2/3 in the blazing sun on asphalt trails. It was hard going even 2 miles into the race and I saw many strong runner walk those hills. I walked a bunch in this race out of complete overheating. Very disappointed with my time: just over an hour. Was hoping for about 7 minutes faster. I really just knew that I had to slow down and cool down - I felt nauseous and a little dizzy when running if I pushed too hard.

At least I finished, huh? Feeling a bit discouraged tonight :-( Feeling like I should have run it better and faster. Hoping my coach won't be too disappointed in my performance.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #205
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Yesterday I biked about 10k/45 minutes and did some core work with the bosu ball and medicine ball. Nicely sore this morning in the ab regions.

Today is a short running day.

Got all of our financing in order for our pool. Almost ready to sign. Will be swimming in our own backyard in a month. (my 5 year old requested these smilies btw while I was typing).

Old 06-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #206
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Here are the photos from Thursday's race:

Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #207
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Love the medal!!
You look great!

I'm glad you listened to your body and didn't push. there will be other races that you can push your time, hot and humid is not the day to do it. We've been having the same weather here, workouts have either been bad or nonexistent.

Congrats on the new measurements!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #208
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

Thanks for coming to visit me on my journal! It looks like you do some great workouts. Congrats on the 5 miler. Even though you didn't finish in your desired time, it is still a great accomplishment. I would probably pass out if I tried 5 miles right now.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #209
Terapin
DIS Veteran

One more from the race:

Old 07-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #210
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Just back from a good run. Ran 7k at a 7:55 pace. Was very hot and humid. Did 10:1s. Met a new running friend and plan to go out next Sunday again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: