Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
3Goofy's
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." ~Remy

Here's our St Thomas review.

We did the full-day Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel with Honeymoon Beach. This was THE highlight of our cruise! It was a perfect day! It just so happened that our tablemates were signed up for this as well, so we hung out all day and the boys played well together and we all had a blast!

It seemed to be a long wait to get the tour group underway. We met in Sessions, I believe, with lots of other groups. It was a bit frustrating to know we had such a small amount of time on St.Thomas, and to be held up going. But eventually we got on the tender and it was non-stop from there!

The Doubloon ships are just down the harbour a few meters, so no walk at all. There were 3-4 ships in the fleet that day (this was March break and VERY busy), and we got on a pirate ship - The Silent Lady. The sail over to Turtle Cove on Buck Island was really lovely - beautiful scenery, good weather, music and instruction and fitting of snorkel gear. Once anchored, we jumped in, although I'm sure you can climb down the ladder. The water was a bit cold, but was then fine as we snorkelled for an hour or so. Our tablemates found the water cold, so didn't stay in long at all. Too bad, because they missed fabulous fish, coral, squid, stingrays, and of course turtles! The turtles munched on the grass on the bottom and then swam right up beside us to take a breath! We could have touched them - but absolutely wouldn't since they are endangered and wild. Fortunately, everyone respected them and left them alone. After the hour, it was time to go for another gorgeous sail to Honeymoon beach. This trip probably took 45 min or more, but they made the time go by quickly by doing tattoos, having music, chips and salsa, soda and lots of rum punch (painkillers) flowing. The crew was just fabulous - fun, informative and lively!

Once at Honeymoon beach you could either swim or take a zodiac to the beach. We swam and our tablemates took the zodiac and our backpack! This beach was lovely. The water was warm and calm, the sand soft, and the beach was lined with palm trees so there was lots of shade. I'm not sure how many excursions were there. I do know the Tiki Hut was, and one other, in addition to our 3 ships, but it wasn't too crowded. We got a bench in the shade, and laid out lots of towels for our group. The lunch was fair, but made better since we were all hungry. There was chicken, ribs, salads, buns, hot dogs and mac and cheese, soda, water and beer. We had 2.5 hours there!!! It was amazing! Plenty of time to relax and have fun.

We swam back to the ship and it was a short sail back to the tender area. We caught one of the last tenders back to the ship.

It was a very fun, full day and well-worth the price. We'll have a hard time going back to St. Thomas and NOT doing this again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: