Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #31
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

I just started insanity today. I opened the box and couldn't figure out what the fit test was, so went to day 2 and slid in that DVD. I have no intention of powering it out in 60 days as I'm using this as an alternative in between running days. I can see how it's going to strengthen muscles and perhaps help my running speed. I LOVED today's workout, and can't wait for the next one, which sadly isn't going to be tomorrow .

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #32
mjlewis23
Mouseketeer

Well the scale finally moved, and I'm down 3 lbs! But, best of all, I just reallized, I HAVE ABS!!!! Holy cow....I never thought I would see those again after 2 kids. I'm so motivated now to press on into my recovery week next week and on to month 2, which frankly scares the daylights out of me.

Hope all is well with everyone else!
mjlewis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #33
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
I just started insanity today. I opened the box and couldn't figure out what the fit test was, so went to day 2 and slid in that DVD. I have no intention of powering it out in 60 days as I'm using this as an alternative in between running days. I can see how it's going to strengthen muscles and perhaps help my running speed. I LOVED today's workout, and can't wait for the next one, which sadly isn't going to be tomorrow .
Welcome to the Insanity club...
There should be a DVD labeled Fit Test. Basically it's just a way to gauge your improvement during the program. They want us to do the test every 2 to 3 weeks or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlewis23 View Post
Well the scale finally moved, and I'm down 3 lbs! But, best of all, I just reallized, I HAVE ABS!!!! Holy cow....I never thought I would see those again after 2 kids. I'm so motivated now to press on into my recovery week next week and on to month 2, which frankly scares the daylights out of me.

Hope all is well with everyone else!
Sweet! You can see your abs?
I haven't seen abs in who knows how long. With my DS I ballooned so big so fast it was rather humorous. Plus I had to get a C section so my stomach muscle pretty non existent (plus the flabby skin ... TMI eh? ) ... oh well.

Today I did NOT have any motivation to do insanity, so I did running instead.
Amazingly enough I can run 1.5mi without stopping
The best I've done before insanity was about 1mi. So this is a big deal.
The only reason I stopped is because my knees starting to hurt (have bad knees). I think I could've gone another half mile.
I'm so excited!
Makes me more motivated to do another Insanity tomorrow
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #34
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Welcome to the Insanity club...
There should be a DVD labeled Fit Test. Basically it's just a way to gauge your improvement during the program.
I found it today . Doesn't mean I did it, tho... DH did day 3 with me today. He whined like a girl the whole time. I had a bunch of muscles that were still sore from the last workout. I'm hoping that I'll feel better tomorrow! Still.....GREAT workout!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #35
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
I found it today . Doesn't mean I did it, tho... DH did day 3 with me today. He whined like a girl the whole time. I had a bunch of muscles that were still sore from the last workout. I'm hoping that I'll feel better tomorrow! Still.....GREAT workout!

That's funny... although I was the same way the first 2 weeks on the program. Hehe...
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #36
Burkelands
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been absent. Went out of town last week for work. Definitely a pain doing the videos in my hotel room. Something about doing the exercises on carpet that puts me off.

So, as I'm sure you've all learned by now, these videos are hell! However, it seems that these are the videos that really change your body, with the first set just a preparation for these exercises.

The first one I did last week made me feel the same way as I did when I did the first workout. Now that I'm 1.5 weeks in, it's starting to get better. Only 2.5 weeks left!!!! Getting very excited.

Now ... has anyone noticed Shaun T.'s stunt double on Max Plyo?
Burkelands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #37
mjlewis23
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I've taken "recovery week" a little too seriously, so I am dreading Monday when I start month 2. But, I've come this far, so I am not giving up that easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Sweet! You can see your abs?
I haven't seen abs in who knows how long. With my DS I ballooned so big so fast it was rather humorous. Plus I had to get a C section so my stomach muscle pretty non existent (plus the flabby skin ... TMI eh? ) ... oh well.

Today I did NOT have any motivation to do insanity, so I did running instead.
Amazingly enough I can run 1.5mi without stopping
The best I've done before insanity was about 1mi. So this is a big deal.
The only reason I stopped is because my knees starting to hurt (have bad knees). I think I could've gone another half mile.
I'm so excited!
Makes me more motivated to do another Insanity tomorrow
Well......I can see a glimpse of my former abs, but that's good enough motivation for me! It gives me hope that there actually are muscles somewhere under there! (although I completely feel ya on the flabby skin...seems that's never going to go away!)

Great job on the 1.5mi! I don't think I could do that on my best day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkelands View Post
Hey everyone,

So, as I'm sure you've all learned by now, these videos are hell! However, it seems that these are the videos that really change your body, with the first set just a preparation for these exercises.

The first one I did last week made me feel the same way as I did when I did the first workout. Now that I'm 1.5 weeks in, it's starting to get better. Only 2.5 weeks left!!!! Getting very excited.

Now ... has anyone noticed Shaun T.'s stunt double on Max Plyo?
Eek! I'm scared of starting "hell month"! We can do it though!!! Are you serious? Even Shaun T. needs a stunt double? That means I'll need a stunt double 1/2 way through !

Keep us posted! Can't wait to report on Monday how I do!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #38
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

I've gotten over the "holy crap, this is going to kill me" phase, I think. Two of the workouts just didn't feel like enough (time wise, I guess, my runs are usually an hour plus), so I ventured into the cardio abs. Wow! And ouch! Not a sit-up or crunch in the bunch and yet..... I was moderately sore after the 1st time I did it; it'll be interesting to see what tomorrow morning brings..

Old 07-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #39
Burkelands
Earning My Ears

The penultimate week has begun! Fortunately it's also the last time I have to do a fit test and a work out in the same day.!!!

My newest warning is in regards to Max Sports Training (I think it's called). Make sure you do your stretches before you start the video. For some reason they skip stretches at the beginning. Also, this video is not like any other session, so keep that in mind too!

Hope everyone's doing well ... only 12 more workout days for me!!!
Burkelands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #40
cush1
Mouseketeer

Your posts have helped me in my decision whether or not to do this workout. I have some issues with a muscle in my lower back. I think I will start with something less intense and work my way up to it.

DIS Dad's Club member #454

Adam Jenny Lilly Hannah

Sarasota Springs Nov '13 * Pop Sept '13 * OKW Grand Villa Family '11 * Pop Century Mar '10
All Star Movies '07 * Port Orleans Riverside HONEYMOON '06 * Dolphin '94
cush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #41
Sam33
DIS Veteran

I started last week. We did the five straight days but took two days off instead of just one (we had family in town we never see, we were going to come home and do a late workout but decided to sleep at DHs grandparents instead since we live an hour away; we feel it was an acceptable excuse to miss )

I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I've always had issues working out. I hate going to the gym or being in front of people and I have no will power to keep myself going. Same with dieting. I diet GREAT for about a week and then fall apart.

We have a friend who was an alcoholic (not for very many years so quitting wasn't much of a physical problem) and had a big beer gut. We're only 23 and I knew him in highschool when he was super fit. In the same week he went from getting flat out drunk every single day to only drinking once a week and he started Insanity. He's still doing well drinking and he's lost ten pounds in about a month. Me and DH decided if he can do it, we can do it and we took the plunge!

And I'm happy to say I lost five pounds the first week. (my goal is to lose 30 by our Disney trip in November. That's my "healthy" weight for my height but knowing myself I think my body type will only allow me to lose 20-25, we'll see).
The expense was keeping us going at first and now we just feel good about it. And neither of us likes to ruin the hard work with crappy food so dieting has been going well!

So excited
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #42
proud_canadian
DIS Veteran

DH and I are doing the Insanity videos, but not the program. Meaning we are not doing a video 6 days a week like they recommend. With two kids, working full time (LONG HOURS + commuting) and kids activities, it just isn't feasable for us to have an hour to exercise at the end of the day, every day. And we already wake up at the crack of dawn, so early morning isn't an option either.

I know for us, trying to do 6 days a week would set us up for failure, so we are trying for at least 2 times a week, and hopefully 3, which is defnitely better than nothing. We also supplement this with other activities like usually running once a week and playing baseball 1-2 times a week.

Regardless, the videos are brutal. We've never sweat so much in our lives!

However, does anyone else hate how the warm ups and cool downs involve so much leaning over? It makes me feel dizzy, especially in the cool down, with having my head below my heart for so long. Does he ever end up changing the cool down routine? Usually DH and I do our own cool down stretches as I really don't like his.

other than that
proud_canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #43
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

I mixed it up today a bit. Did a hybrid of Insanity and P90x ab ripper. Ouch. But a great workout!

Old 07-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #44
Burkelands
Earning My Ears

Excited to be on my last go-around of the videos.

Last night was my last Max Circuit. My last time seeing Ariel almost get her head knocked off by the break dancing guy. Also, in this last month, I have noticed there are two Ariels! There's an R-E-all and an air-E-L ... I think. Anyhoo, four more days, and then a week off (or just going to the gym).

I think next will be the lean p90x program. I should just probably do Insanity again but I want some sense of accomplishment and closure. Maybe I'll come back later!

And as always, keep up the good work everyone!!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #45
mjlewis23
Mouseketeer

Burkelands, I am SO excited for you!!!! I had to take the past 2 days off because I injured my arch in my left foot from Max interval training. I have extremely flat feet, and the amount of jumping involved has taken its toll. Back to it tomorrow though (although I think I'm going to wrap my foot first).

That breakdancing guy drives me nuts. Poor Ariel....another 2 inches and that could have been tragic!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: