Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #31
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi! I'd be open to do a fish extender, but don't know a ton about them. It sounds fun though.
Hi! I'm Kris ^_^

Are there Fish Extenders on the Dream too? FE's are a TON of fun
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #32
momtylerashley
Mouseketeer

Hello cruisers!

Hey there!

We are coming along on this cruise! We originally booked this coming September, but the new section in Fantasy Land would not be finished...so we are coming in February. I hope it isn't too cold. Anyone cruise in February before???

Anyway...it is just the girls. Me and my DD (9) second Disney cruise (Oct 2011) and my Mom's (DGM???) 1st Disney cruise. It will be her 70th Birthday!

We are so excited. My daughter doesn't know yet...not sure when we will tell her.

Anyway...we are up for the Fish Extenders too...

Everyone have a great day and have fun planning your cruise...it is fun, but lots of work.

Renee (DM), Ashley (DD) and Pat (DGM)...not sure if I have all this right. Still feel like a rookie.

Renee (DM) Ashley-10 (DD) Pat/Nana (DG)
*Walt Disney World first visit in 1971! (Yes, first year it opened and I was 2! Don't do your Math! )
*Walt Disney World Visits....too many to count!
*Walt Disney last visit 2/2013
*Disney Cruise "Magic" (first Disney Cruise) 10/11
momtylerashley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #33
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtylerashley View Post
Hey there!

We are coming along on this cruise! We originally booked this coming September, but the new section in Fantasy Land would not be finished...so we are coming in February. I hope it isn't too cold. Anyone cruise in February before???

Anyway...it is just the girls. Me and my DD (9) second Disney cruise (Oct 2011) and my Mom's (DGM???) 1st Disney cruise. It will be her 70th Birthday!

We are so excited. My daughter doesn't know yet...not sure when we will tell her.

Everyone have a great day and have fun planning your cruise...it is fun, but lots of work.

Renee (DM), Ashley (DD) and Pat (DGM)...not sure if I have all this right. Still feel like a rookie.

Hello! We are also celebrating a birthday on our cruise ^_^ This will be our second Disney cruise also.

Oooh are you going to do a big reveal to your daughter? That would be fun

Maybe we should start a FE list in August or September?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #34
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Hey there!

Hi! It is exciting to see more people booking!
That is so cool! Lots of Birthday celebrations on this cruise! I am soooo excited!
I'm not sure on the weather, either. We have done WDW in early December several times, and there have been trips where we were able to wear shorts and T-shirts, and then there was a trip where it was colder when we got off the plane in Orlando than it was when we got on in Philadelphia. Brrrr. I am hoping that the cruise will be ok, as it will be warmer as we sail farther south. I'll take chilly weather over sailing through a hurricaine any day though!

ETA: I just noticed that your daughter and mine are close in age. Glad to know she will have someone to play with! She is 8 now, but will be 9 by the time we sail.

Last edited by Piglets Mommy; 06-20-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: More info
Piglets Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #35
momtylerashley
Mouseketeer

Girls

Quote:
Hi! It is exciting to see more people booking!
That is so cool! Lots of Birthday celebrations on this cruise! I am soooo excited!
I'm not sure on the weather, either. We have done WDW in early December several times, and there have been trips where we were able to wear shorts and T-shirts, and then there was a trip where it was colder when we got off the plane in Orlando than it was when we got on in Philadelphia. Brrrr. I am hoping that the cruise will be ok, as it will be warmer as we sail farther south. I'll take chilly weather over sailing through a hurricaine any day though!

ETA: I just noticed that your daughter and mine are close in age. Glad to know she will have someone to play with! She is 8 now, but will be 9 by the time we sail.
Oh that is wonderful! My Ashley will be so excited! She makes friends pretty easy. I can't wait...I'm so excited too.
My son really wants to go too, but I think it is just a girl thing this time. I'm starting to feel a little guilty. But not too guilty.

Hurricanes...NO! Cooler weather...yes, I agree. I just hope it isn't so cold that the kids can't enjoy the pools. I know they are heated, but getting in and out of the cool air...I sure hope no one gets sick. Think good thoughts!

*Walt Disney World first visit in 1971! (Yes, first year it opened and I was 2! Don't do your Math! )
Old 06-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #36
momtylerashley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielyns View Post
Alright, so we are not yet booked guests on this sailing but we will be within days. So excited!

This will be our 4th Disney cruise (never sailed with another line before).

Our first was a 3-night to the Bahamas on the Wonder, then a 7-night to the Eastern Caribbean on the Magic, and then this past January we did the 7-night Mexican Riviera on the Wonder. We were looking at the 7-night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy but since we're also doing WDW and Universal (Harry Potter!!!) we decided to go the slightly cheaper route.

Can't wait to see this boat!!!

This will be our 3rd trip to WDW... we're west coasters... done D-Land too many times to count. Staying at the Art of Animation resort. It looks so fun!!!

That'll be after the cruise. Any one else?
Yes, we are going to Disney after the cruise. I want to see the new addition to Fantasy Land. Universal with Harry Potter is so GREAT! We have one more day left on our pass...so not sure if we are going back in July or Feb 13or in Sept 13. You will have a blast. We are looking into the Art of Animation..we haven't decided yet where we are staying.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #37
nokidz
thanks Mickey, now I am an addict!!

Greetings,
My wife, Lori and I, Chris, will be joining you on this adventure. We may have our first grandson, Owen, joining us on this cruise. It all depends if his Mommy will let us steal him. I doubt it, but he is booked!!!!
We are from Ontario Canada, about two hours north of Toronto.

ONLY 227 MORE DAYS UNTIL WE STEP ON TO THE SHIP
past cruises

Feb 26th 2011 Eastern on the Magic!!! - graphic to come
future cruises
Nov 24th 2012 Western on the Fantasy!!! - graphic to come
nokidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #38
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Oh that is wonderful! My Ashley will be so excited! She makes friends pretty easy. I can't wait...I'm so excited too.
My son really wants to go too, but I think it is just a girl thing this time. I'm starting to feel a little guilty. But not too guilty.

Hurricanes...NO! Cooler weather...yes, I agree. I just hope it isn't so cold that the kids can't enjoy the pools. I know they are heated, but getting in and out of the cool air...I sure hope no one gets sick. Think good thoughts!
I'm with you...as long as they can enjoy the pools and Castaway Cay, I will be happy. Heck, I plan to try out the AquaDuck myself! I will be happy as long as it is over 70. Fingers crossed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokidz View Post
Greetings,
My wife, Lori and I, Chris, will be joining you on this adventure. We may have our first grandson, Owen, joining us on this cruise. It all depends if his Mommy will let us steal him. I doubt it, but he is booked!!!!
We are from Ontario Canada, about two hours north of Toronto.

ONLY 227 MORE DAYS UNTIL WE STEP ON TO THE SHIP
Hi! 227 days makes it seem so far away. I hate to wish my summer away, but Feb. can't get here soon enough! Hoping you get to bring your Grandson. It would be so great for him to have this time with you. I know my kids have many fond memories of travelling with their Grandparents. I wouldn't trade that for anything.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #39
carrielyns
Earning My Ears

winter weather

We always cruise in the winter so I've done 2 in the Caribbean during this time of year. Each cruise had both hot (hot, for this Pacific Northwesterner) and cool temps. Never been so cold that kids weren't still crazy about getting in the pool.

I've got an 8-year-old girl too!! She might like a posse to hang out with.

It'd be fun if there are others staying at the Art of Animation after the cruise. Let the party continue!!!

DH , Me , DD (8)

1st Cruise - Bahamas, Wonder, January 2010
2nd Cruise - Eastern Caribbean, Magic, March 2011
3rd Cruise - Mexican Riviera, Wonder, January 2012
4th Cruise - Bahamas, Dream, February 2013
5th Cruise - Western Caribbean, Fantasy, February 2014
6th Cruise - Eastern Caribbean, Fantasy, January 2015
<p>&nbsp;</p>
carrielyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #40
Amunet
DIS Veteran

I'm rather excited Hope you guys don't mind 2 adults with no kids cruising. We're still fairly young though and always young at heart!

We'll be joining some of you with going to the parks after the cruise
Old 06-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #41
nokidz

Quote:
Hi! 227 days makes it seem so far away. .
You have to look at it like " it is only".... That's how I do it.
My grandson will be 18 months old at the time of sailing. I have my fingers crossed, but I doubt it. The whole family went to Disney when he was only 6 months old, so he is a veteran. Actually, we bought him shares in Disney, so he technically is an owner...lol.
Usually we take all the kids, and a few others. The last three years we usually have about 11 of us in four cabins, so this year our cruise should be peaceful!
past cruises

future cruises
Old 06-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #42
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I'm rather excited Hope you guys don't mind 2 adults with no kids cruising. We're still fairly young though and always young at heart!

We'll be joining some of you with going to the parks after the cruise
We are all kids when it comes to Disney!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokidz View Post
You have to look at it like " it is only".... That's how I do it.
My grandson will be 18 months old at the time of sailing. I have my fingers crossed, but I doubt it. The whole family went to Disney when he was only 6 months old, so he is a veteran. Actually, we bought him shares in Disney, so he technically is an owner...lol.
Usually we take all the kids, and a few others. The last three years we usually have about 11 of us in four cabins, so this year our cruise should be peaceful!
You are right..."it is only"....does sound better. And considering that after out Nov 2011 WDW trip, my DH said No more Disney for 5 years, I am THRILLED (and won't point out his poor math skills....)
Old 06-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #43
krissie84p
Earning My Ears

Excited!!

I'm so happy too see so many people on the boards.

February can't get here any faster, although i dont want summer to zip by too fast. Hope any of you can give a newbie any tips, i'm so excited i'm already planning when to go on our 2nd cruise and I didnt even step on a disney cruise yet!

Cruised on the
1) Dream Feb 2013
2) Magic Nov 2013
krissie84p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #44
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissie84p View Post

February can't get here any faster, although i dont want summer to zip by too fast. Hope any of you can give a newbie any tips, i'm so excited i'm already planning when to go on our 2nd cruise and I didnt even step on a disney cruise yet!
LOL! I'm with you there! We have been on one other cruise, but not Disney and it was just DH & I. It was so relaxing, so I am hoping that this is too. Disney tends to be Go, go, go for us, so I am hoping that we can just relax and go with the flow on the ship. I have to admit, that while I know it isn't in the budget, I have been checking out the rules for booking while onboard....I'd love to do it again, even though we haven't even left yet.

So.....My DH brought it up last night that we set sail on Superbowl Sunday. Oops! Sorry, babe....guess you will be going to a Disney Superbowl party.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #45
nokidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissie84p View Post

Hello fellow Ontario Canadian!!
If you have any questions, just ask. There is a tonne of information on these forums.
We have done 6 cruises on Disney, so we might have an answer for you!

You need tips, we have alot of them!!!

1. Bring hi-lighter pens for marking on your daily navigator. Best way to plan out your days!
past cruises

future cruises

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: