Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #31
AC7179
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

Love the report! I feel like I'm right there! Thanks for sharing!
fro zone!
AC7179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #32
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for taking the time to share!!! Super fun to read about your experience.

And, can I just say that your daughter is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!! She has a million dollar smile and those cheekbones....wowie!!! Soooo cute!!
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #33
Twinkletoesjohnson
Earning My Ears

Glad your mom was able to make it!

Thanks for posting the photo! Nice meeting you guys! I agree with your comments, especially the buena vista closure. I was very sad about that...loved going on midway mania with zero line though!

Last edited by Twinkletoesjohnson; 06-17-2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Typos
Twinkletoesjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #34
Velvetia
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for posting - can't wait to hear your experiences on Luigi's Tires and the Tractor Ride!

Me DGranny : DS9 DS7
Velvetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #35
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your post! I loved reliving Media day through your TR. I agree about the BVS thing. It just seems so unfair that people scheduled to go into Carsland from 1:30-6 got to experience BVS in the morning and head to Carsland in the afternoon. In our case (we also got the 9-1:30 slot) we could only experience BVS from 1:30-2 if we chose to stay in Carsland from 9-1:30. Regardless, we were very lucky to have almost zero crowds everywhere else in the park weren't we?
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #36
dleyel
Mouseketeer

I was there too and saw you in line for RSR. I noticed your darling kids. I was disappointed in how long it took to get the tickets. I waited about an hour and didn't get into the park until about 10:15. It was very quick for the CM to find my name, but some people took a long time. Headed straight into Cars Land when I saw we only had until 1:30. We got on all the rides, but would have liked more time there. Also disappointed Hollywood Land closed at 1:30 and BVS at 2. Did get a pic with Mickey. Didn't see any of the entertainment or ride the trolley. Loved that all the other lines in the park were 10 min or less. I wonder what time they started giving out wristbands for the 2nd shift? All the media equipment detracted from the atmosphere, especially around Cozy Cone and Flo's, but still fantastic to be there with the low crowds. I had planned to get there at 8, but the night before found out my 7th grader had to go before school hours to finish an assignment! Normally that's their last day but this year it was Friday. Meeting friends tomorrow at opening, so we'll see how the crowds are. Hope to see all the neon signs lit up at night. I was originally planning to stay at DL tomorrow, but really want DS15 (couldn't go to preview due to finals) and our friends to see how amazing CL is. Disney really did an outstanding job with BVS and CL!
dleyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #37
Shananana
Mouseketeer

haha... I win!

Thanks all for reading this far; I'm so glad you guys like my comparison of RSR to TT! I honestly can't pick a favorite, but I'm sure Josephine could! I'll have to ask her...
My favorite ride in CL though, hands down, is Luigi’s. I LOVED the flying tires. Why, you may ask? Well, because simply put, I’m a control freak. But seriously, when I first learned how to drive, I hated going downhill because I couldn’t control how fast the car was going. There’s just one way to go: my way. The tires are MADE for me. You control them with your entire body. I would imagine that this is how those segways work, but I’ve never tried them.
Obligatory photos:

This is the best advice that I’ve read when it comes to controlling your tire: put your arm around your co-rider(s). Now, I don’t know if it’s the fact that I had only an extra 45 pounds next to me, or if the arm thing really worked, but it was easy to control the movement with my body. Very intuitive, and Jo and I made it around 60 – 70% of the arena with little to no problems. If I was with my husband, I’m sure it would have been more challenging to work together, but I’m sure it’s possible. My best advice: if you are an adult-only group who is fretting about this experience, get your own tire! Only once did we lean “too far” and I was actually able to feel the tire touch the ground. And I took a video of the whole ride while I did it, too.
The only down side of this ride is the timing. It takes 4 to 5 minutes to load for a 2 minute ride. So, the wait time can easily exceed 3 hours. But it’s SO worth it.
Next up: Last, but not least: Mater's!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #38
Shananana
Mouseketeer

Junkyard Jamberee

Wow. That was so much fun! First RSR, then Luigi's and now... oh no. Mater's. To be honest, I was dreading this ride. I get dizzy easily (I don't do teacups) and Ana has had issues with vertigo. Okay... well it can't be that bad:

And it wasn't. And the kids liked it, I think. And the line was super short (walked on.) And that's all I have to say about that.

On to my FAVORITE part of the new DCA: the food! A wonderful, glowing review of Flo's V8 Cafe.
Yum!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #39
Shananana
Mouseketeer

I love 'er, I love 'er, I lover 'er.

I LOVE food. Love it. I would have married it, if that sort of thing was socially acceptable… but alas, my husband always knows that he is a runner-up. So, after we rode Mater’s we decided it’s noon (yup, we DECIDED the time!) and we needed food. We tried the Cozy Cone before getting into the line for Luigi’s Flying Tires (LFT) but the lines were so long, we just ended up with some pretzel bites. Nothing sustaining.
So, we moved on to Flo’s Café. I tried to get there for breakfast, but the line for tickets destroyed that hope, so we had the lunch menu to choose from. Yum… lunch. Alright… we have kid’s menu for Jo. She picked the turkey sandwich. And I let her get soda because it was that kinda of day. And me? Well, the strip loin looks good, but so does the pork. Hold the phone! Did that say Coca Cola BBQ sauce? It did! Pork it is. I held off on getting a drink for me because I wanted my soda out of a cone. Yup. I bought those. So, we order and I present my DVC discount and the total comes out to… wait for it… $17.92. What!?! (Side note – I know some of you may think “wow! That’s a lot for lunch!” but trust me, for southern California, and Disney in particular, that’s a really good price.) Me: SOLD! We head off to the right to go grab a seat while Ana and Joaquin get there lunch. We get our tray and I’m shocked again:

Look at all of that food!!!
That was a LOT of food. If I knew it was going to be that much, I would have had Jo and I split a plate. And the food was DELICOUS! The pork was hot and tender. Jo got fresh grapes and apples. My pasta salad was not the least bit soggy and the corn didn’t feel like it had just been microwaved. Ah… full tummy.
So as I’m sating myself, I look at Ana and the poster in front of me and read “Gasprin… how a healthy car stays healthy.” Hmmm… I wonder. I look around: I see tools, a clip board and Ana sees an eye chart. Holy car! We’re in the Mechanical Clinic. The transition had been so seamless, I didn’t even notice until after I ate. I didn’t take pictures here because Ana, Joaquin and Jo were still eating and I wanted to go get my Cone drinks. I went to leave, and I was able to spot the Piston Cups! Tip: Even if you don’t eat at Flo’s go in and head toward the right… Then leave back towards the main road. It’s totally worth it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: