Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #691
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Parents are looking into staying at Dolphin for the food and Wine Classic in OCtober. Couple of questions...

Can they get DME from the airport?

What ID is required to get a government rate (my mother works for the town)?

If no DME, what's the best way to get there from MCO?
Unfortunately, no DME. They can use Mears, but we prefer a town car service. I like door to door service, and I feel "special" when the nice driver is waiting for us with our name on his sign.

A paystub and/ or a township ID would most likely be all she needs. I used both when I had a teacher's rate years ago, but one or the other seemed fine with the front desk.

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 06-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #692
olive
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by here_and_there View Post
Yes, you can do that. I booked my next stay just like that. You need to book the points part first, as the hotel staff cannot do that, then call the hotel and ask to add the stay connected room.
This is great news! I called to switch our room to points yesterday (the other room is for my parents), and was told the only choices are limited view, resort view with a balcony or suite for either Swan or Dolphin. We were hoping for an Epcot fireworks view, which we loved on our last trip, so I decided to just keep the cash reservation. My parents don't care about view, though, so now I know we can switch theirs to the points reservation and book ours as a stay connected once they are released for 2013. I assume you can pay more than whatever the baseline stay connected rate is for a specific room category.

Thanks for the expertise!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #693
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

We will be in our Dolphin room by 6/23, 4:30 PM

I will report our room condition and any thing else we see when my DS lets me use his computer, which he has to bring for an on-line summer college class. DS just does not use his 'mouse', he likes the 'finger pad', so my entry may not be as great, since I never use the 'finger pad'

I will try a picture upload when we get back.

Does anyone need me to check out something at the Dolphin, as long as we can get to it or see it ?

We have a resort view standard double room with a balcony.
We do not plan to eat at the restaurants at the Dolphin or Swan.
Maybe Picaubu's just to buy some snacks.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #694
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post

I will report our room condition and any thing else we see when my DS lets me use his computer, which he has to bring for an on-line summer college class. DS just does not use his 'mouse', he likes the 'finger pad', so my entry may not be as great, since I never use the 'finger pad'

Does anyone need me to check out something at the Dolphin, as long as we can get to it or see it ?

Have a great trip!!!!

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #695
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Enjoy, Pooh, have a fun trip.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #696
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Hello !

Has anyone here tried their Concierge Level? Was wondering what the offerings were and the prices?

Thanks so much!
Brunette
Old 06-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #697
Dan Murphy
We are family.

The concierge level, or Club as they called it, has been gone for several years now. No club level at the S/D.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #698
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Which resort is closest to Epcot as far as WALKING distance? They seem almost negligible to me, but my dad had knee surgery recently and asked.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #699
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Does the Swan/Dolphin have refillable mugs?
How much are they ? Where can they be refilled?
Thanks!

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #700
el_tigre
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Which resort is closest to Epcot as far as WALKING distance? They seem almost negligible to me, but my dad had knee surgery recently and asked.
If you take the main route, as most people seem to, the Swan would be closer. Most Dolphin guests seem to cross the walkway that passes the water taxi pier which also goes right in front of the Swan's entrance.

However, the Dolphin has a small exit on the ground floor of its most eastern wing, which I don't think most people know about. If you took this exit, the Dolphin would be the quicker walk to Epcot of the two resorts.

If choosing the Dolphin, it might make sense to request a room on ground floor eastern wing in your case.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #701
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Good to see you, Jennais.

This might be helpful also.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Walking-Distances.htm

S/D is in lower left, IG is in upper right. You can drag and rotate, zoom in and out to get better/different views.

http://binged.it/MHwkgF

If using the Dolphin exit mentioned above, you can not reenter there. You need to go to the main entrance under the big peak. If you are staying in the Swan, you can also request east wing (I always do) and exit, and generally reenter, out and into the east wing, walking briefly through entrance area of IL Mulino restaurant. The swan is also much more compact, less walking. However, Picabu 24/7 quick service is at the Dolphin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
Does the Swan/Dolphin have refillable mugs?
How much are they ? Where can they be refilled?
Thanks!
Yes they do. They used to have one for both hot and cold drinks. They now have one for each. I have one from a few years ago that was complimentary when I checked in. I have never used it yet. My understanding is that they are good on subsequent trips (that's what I heard). I know the one I have has all the restaurant names and logos on them I thought it was refillable anywhere. But I also read only at Picabu. Not sure what is correct. They are purchased at Picabu. I do not know the price.

Why she runs.....

dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #702
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
The concierge level, or Club as they called it, has been gone for several years now. No club level at the S/D.
Thank you Dan!

Brunette
Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #703
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Good to see you, Jennais.

This might be helpful also.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Walking-Distances.htm

S/D is in lower left, IG is in upper right. You can drag and rotate, zoom in and out to get better/different views.

http://binged.it/MHwkgF

If using the Dolphin exit mentioned above, you can not reenter there. You need to go to the main entrance under the big peak. If you are staying in the Swan, you can also request east wing (I always do) and exit, and generally reenter, out and into the east wing, walking briefly through entrance area of IL Mulino restaurant. The swan is also much more compact, less walking. However, Picabu 24/7 quick service is at the Dolphin.

Yes they do. They used to have one for both hot and cold drinks. They now have one for each. I have one from a few years ago that was complimentary when I checked in. I have never used it yet. My understanding is that they are good on subsequent trips (that's what I heard). I know the one I have has all the restaurant names and logos on them I thought it was refillable anywhere. But I also read only at Picabu. Not sure what is correct. They are purchased at Picabu. I do not know the price.
Thanks Dan! I've been trying to help my parents plan a long weekend for F&W and the F&W Classic in OCtober with my sister and her DH. Dad just had surgery to repair a torn meniscus two days ago, so he's hoping to be fully rehabbed by then...but juuuuuust in case...

It looks like they will be able to take advantage of at least a decent rate as AAA members (I think it's $197?). Mom has wanted to stay at the Beach Club for some 20 years, but with a price of $400+ a night, it just ain't happening, and the Swan/Dolphin seemed like an excellent compromise!

I think they'll likely only be doing Epcot and enjoying the resort for the weekend too.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #704
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

One other quick question.

How do you like the this resort compared to the Yacht and Beach Club? We are currently scheduled to the at the YC for July 4-6. Price is $280.00 per night PLUS TAX, just wondering how this compares? The rooms at this resort look gorgeous, and some of the rates look good too. I know that they charge a $14.00 resort fee and parking though, right? That does add up. Any input would be great appreciated. Thanks so much! Brunette
Old 06-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #705
shebjo
Mouseketeer

size of standard room

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post

Have a great trip. We will be staying at the Dolphin in August. Please let me know how you find the size of the standard room at the Dolphin for 4 people -It's me, hubby and twin girls, age 9 who are coming to the Dolphon. We are now booked for a standard room but I am strongly condisering paying for the deluxe alcove room ( i have a decent rate for the standard room and can get a decent rate for a deluxe alcove room)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: