Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #61
lucky1
Face Character

Love Love love your TR. We are leaving in 9 days. We have a Tom Douglas resturant scoped out for when we arrive in Seattle. Last year we did palace kitchen and this year will need to try something else.
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #62
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
Not too long at all, IMO. I especially appreciate the effort in scanning and posting all the nav's etc. Living vicariously through you right now, lol.
Goodie!! I am so glad to hear you say that! I am trying really hard to get info out there that I wish I knew and couldn't find...LOL Thanks so much for that, it made me happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
Love Love love your TR. We are leaving in 9 days. We have a Tom Douglas resturant scoped out for when we arrive in Seattle. Last year we did palace kitchen and this year will need to try something else.
I want to go back to try more of them!! Everything we ate at his restaurants was fantastic! I am glad you are loving the TR! Have SOO much fun when you go! We are contemplating booking another DCL cruise in August..a little closer to home this time though...hehe!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #63
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

NO!! It isn't too long! Keep the details and the pictures coming!!

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #64
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisSarahK View Post
NO!! It isn't too long! Keep the details and the pictures coming!!
You got it!!! More to come very soon!!! I am still going through photos and uploading! I used an entire 32GB memory card with HD Video and Photos! Then I ran out and started using another card. So your wish is my command!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #65
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Not too long at all! I mean, you've already convinced me to do a few things in my own city, and I told DH about the puzzle cache, he had no idea! This is great! It's fun to see your city through new eyes!

I am sure the cruise part will be wonderful, too, as many of us are impatiently waiting for our dates!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #66
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Love, love, love this TR

Your photos are wonderful and I love that you encourage silly face pulling in them

Seattle looks amazing, and wow the food !!

I am really looking forward to reading about your cruise, we are doing the Alaska cruise out of Vancouver next year
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #67
barbbarnes
Earning My Ears

I agree with everyone else definitely not too long! I really appreciate all the pictures and details. We don't have anything planned for Seattle yet and you have given me alot of great ideas I can't wait to hear about your first day on the Wonder! Thanks!
barbbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #68
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
Not too long at all! I mean, you've already convinced me to do a few things in my own city, and I told DH about the puzzle cache, he had no idea! This is great! It's fun to see your city through new eyes!

I am sure the cruise part will be wonderful, too, as many of us are impatiently waiting for our dates!
That is so cool! I love that! Now you just need to come to Charlotte to show me stuff to do...haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Love, love, love this TR

Your photos are wonderful and I love that you encourage silly face pulling in them

Seattle looks amazing, and wow the food !!

I am really looking forward to reading about your cruise, we are doing the Alaska cruise out of Vancouver next year
It's much harder to get Jeremy to do straight faces as opposed to silly ones, then the pictures are just boring, because that isn't his personality to just stand there and be normal...HAHA Thanks so much! I am glad you are loving the TR! I finally get to start on the cruise part today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbarnes View Post
I agree with everyone else definitely not too long! I really appreciate all the pictures and details. We don't have anything planned for Seattle yet and you have given me alot of great ideas I can't wait to hear about your first day on the Wonder! Thanks!
Yay!! Happy customers...LOL, I am so glad you all appreciate it! I was getting worried for a little bit, I didn't want to dissapoint anyone!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #69
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

I totally agree, your TR is fabulous! I have lived minutes from Seattle all my life and you have convinced me I need to take some time to explore the city more. You've given me a whole new appreciation for Seattle.

And boy did you luck out on the weather!

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #70
Kerryluv
Earning My Ears

Totally have been lurking and this is my first post!

Excitedly awaiting your TR, preparing myself for our first cruise ever in nine days on the Disney Wonder!
We just decided a week and a half ago to go so I feel so behind on the planning!

Last edited by Kerryluv; 06-22-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Kerryluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #71
Calfan
DIS Veteran

I am also loving your TR. The amount of detail and all of the photos are perfect. We are on the Aug. 6 Alaska sailing, and your TR is so whetting my appetite. We will be flying in to Seattle on Aug. 3 in the a.m. I have been keeping a list of activities for our 3 days in Seattle, but I have added a couple of things based on your TR. The food tours sound awesome, but I'm not sure my DD and DS (less than adventuresome eaters) would hang in for those. I did make some notes about the restaurants though, particulary Dahlia Cafe for breakfast and the restaurant with the chicken pot pie (since that is a new-found favorite food for my DD). Looking forward to the rest of your TR and hearing all about your Alaska cruise experience.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #72
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
I totally agree, your TR is fabulous! I have lived minutes from Seattle all my life and you have convinced me I need to take some time to explore the city more. You've given me a whole new appreciation for Seattle.

And boy did you luck out on the weather!
We totally lucked out with the weather! It was absolutely beautiful while we were in Seattle! I was all prepared for rain and cold, so I didn't really even bring any semi-warm weather clothing at all, it turned out to be alright, but I kept thinking uh, where is all this rain everyone talks about...haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryluv View Post
Totally have been lurking and this is my first post!

Excitedly awaiting your TR, preparing myself for our first cruise ever in nine days on the Disney Wonder!
We just decided a week and a half ago to go so I feel so behind on the planning!
Oh wow! I think that is kind of good though because I had so much time to plan things I got a little tired of doing it after a while, but it will still be fresh for you and it being so close your anticipation will stay high!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
I am also loving your TR. The amount of detail and all of the photos are perfect. We are on the Aug. 6 Alaska sailing, and your TR is so whetting my appetite. We will be flying in to Seattle on Aug. 3 in the a.m. I have been keeping a list of activities for our 3 days in Seattle, but I have added a couple of things based on your TR. The food tours sound awesome, but I'm not sure my DD and DS (less than adventuresome eaters) would hang in for those. I did make some notes about the restaurants though, particulary Dahlia Cafe for breakfast and the restaurant with the chicken pot pie (since that is a new-found favorite food for my DD). Looking forward to the rest of your TR and hearing all about your Alaska cruise experience.
There were kids on our Pike Place Tour, and they all seemed to love everything we tried! Also, they do substitutions for things people can't eat, or don't like so if you are still interested in it then I would shoot them an email and just ask, it can't hurt. As far as them being picky eaters, I am trying to remember if there was anything strange on the Pike Tour, I mean, it was like doughnuts, fruit, chocolates, mac & cheese, all pretty normal things! Just something to keep in mind if you are interested Thank you so much for reading!

I am so happy to be getting such great feedback from you all!!! You should see how big my smile is right now as I eat some Cabernet Cherries from Chukar Cherries...the Honey Pecans are already gone...darn it! So anyway, I am getting ready to work on the next installment as soon as I finish typing this reply, oh and one more note...we had such a great time on the Wonder we decided that we wanted to go on another Disney cruise so today, we booked a 5 Night Bahamian on the Dream for August 19th, so only 58 days from now! I did online check-in this afternoon and booked an excursion for Nassau, so that is now rolling along nicely as well!! So back to the Alaska TR we go!!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #73
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Hidden Mickeys In The Most Unexpected Places!

To hear those words was one of the things I have been waiting for since I initially booked our first DCL cruise! We entered on Deck 4 Starboard Side which I heard was unusual and then were ushered down the grand staircase, we were some of the first guests onboard so there were no characters out just yet, but I was keeping my eyes peeled for them! I remembered that we needed to go to Wavebands about the Palo reservation so that is where we headed next! Onward to Route 66!

There were already cruise staff selling buckets of beer and wine that could be sent to your room outside of wavebands...they are really on point when it comes to that sort of thing. We did not buy any however, as tempting as it was to see their cheerful faces ready to sell us whatever we wanted! We had made it to Wavebands!

There was already a tiny line of people waiting, maybe 3 or so ahead of us, so we sat down next to a Platinum Castaway Club Member...I was thinking whoa, maybe I will get there eventually someday. We got in a little conversation with him, it was his second time to Alaska, they had gone last year as well, they loved it so much they decided to go again! At precisely 12:30 the lady from Palo, whose name I cannot recall at the moment, but I do know she was from France, told everyone that their system was down at the moment but she would take everyone's information and as soon as it was available she would call us. We gave her our info about wanting High Tea and were on our way. We left Wavebands and kept going down just to check out the rest of the places and then stopped for a sec to look out the portholes.

As we headed out of Route 66 we ran into Pixie08, they were done with lunch already and were heading into Wavebands to change their Palo reservation to a different night. We decided that we were starting to get a little hungry so we headed up to Beach Blanket Buffet on Deck 9 Aft! Once we got our plates of food, there was nowhere to sit, inside or out, so we just kept walking and found a free table beside the Mickey Pool. We then dug in, but not before I took photos! I remembered this time! I had a Grilled Chicken Breast, Broccoli, Pasta Salad, Mashed Potatoes, some Cheese Cubes and Bread! It was really yummy, I guess as good as buffet food can be, but I wasn't disappointed! I have heard both sides about the food on the ship so I was going to keep an open mind!

Jeremy had Salad, Pasta, Chicken, Salmon and a Roll, I think that was it. He said he enjoyed his food too, so a good start for the food. I think we got dessert too, but I can't remember what we had...hmmm...maybe some kind of parfait? Oh I don't know what I had. So much for being detail-oriented! Oh wait!, I know it was a Vanilla Raspberry Parfait and Jeremy had a piece of chocolate cake!

We were about to leave the table and Jeremy was taking the last sip of drink out of his cup and he looked inside of it and giggled, He thought it was funny that there was a Mickey head made of condensation inside his cup! You find Hidden Mickeys in the most unexpected places! Was that some sort of Disney Magic, Who knows but we sure thought it was cool!

After we ate we started looking around some more on the top decks of the ship. We still had plenty of time, like an hour or so before our room would be ready. We still couldn't get over what a nice day it was outside! We really lucked up..would our weather luck stay this good on the rest of the trip? Maybe I should find some wood to knock on!

After exploring the top Decks, we made our way down to Deck 4 to check out the shuffleboard situation. We knew we definitely wanted to play sometime in our week onboard! I had this nostalgic idea that it would almost be like we were in some century old ocean liner crossing, playing shuffleboard on the teak wood deck...ahhh...back to reality. We were still in port so, if I wanted that feeling I would still have a little while to wait! I love the color of the lifeboats! It is just so Disney to be able to change sometime like that!

The chaise loungers on Deck 4 looked so inviting, we couldn't resist a little relaxation time on them, we were on vacation after all! They are definitely super comfy, if you are going on a cruise you should totally try them out!
I think Jeremy may have even fallen asleep in one for a minute! Nice ocean breeze wafting through the outside deck! It was fantastic!

We had finally made it to 2:00 which meant that our rooms were ready! Yay!! I couldn't wait to get down there and hang my FE and decorate my door with all of the magnets! Our stateroom was #5635, Inside Stateroom on the Aft end of the ship, very convenient to loads of things! Has anyone ever noticed that the fish looks a little paranoid? I hope that is not some kind of sign...LOL

Everyone, even our travel agent said that we would regret having an inside stateroom on an Alaskan cruise...as for this moment, I didn't know, I was more worried about all that light from outside getting in, not to mention that the cost would have been doubled had we gotten an outside or even more a verandah. I wasn't worried too much about it. We have been on 2 previous cruises, the 1st being a Bahamian Carnival Cruise, and the 2nd an Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean. We had inside rooms on both of those as well and we were never in the room long enough to even worry about it. So anyways, I had packed my magnets and Fish Extender in the luggage I had with me so I hung that up and then put all the magnets on! I was so proud of my little Toy Story Door, although there was one tiny, or maybe large problem. I had printed my Mickey Porthole Ears TOO big! Oh well, I have two other sets to switch them out with! I just have to remember that before our next cruise so I can fix it!

By the time I finished putting all the magnets up our luggage arrived! I wasn't expecting them for a long while so it was a nice surprise to get them so quickly! It was great that we had time to get everything unpacked before our DIS-Meet Up in the Promenade Lounge at 3:15! One thing I had not done yet was check and see if our FE Gifts made it ok, they were still in the priority flat rate box I had shipped them in. I opened the box, they had been jiggled around a bit but all in all really good shape! Since the cruise is over now I can finally reveal what we did! There were 12 cabins in our FE, so we decided to make one gift for each cabin! Now we wanted to play to our talents, so we made 12 Custom Painted Vinylmations. Jeremy did the paint part and customized them to look like the "Deadliest Catch" Mickey. I used my photoshop skills to create the inserts and background for the packaging!

We were not going to deliver them just yet, so we just put them on the table to hang out until we decided to take them around! We wanted everyone to have time to hang up their FE's! Some of you may have noticed from our KTTW Cards, but I also have a photo of our dining tickets! We had 2nd seating and a rotation of PTTAPTA, which was what I had requested!! I wanted to be in Tritons on Formal Night and Parrot Cay on Pirate Night! I was so glad that it worked out!

I know this is random but one of my favorite things in the room was a simple pillow, but it is just one of those things that made me smile

By now it was almost 3:00 and about time for us to head up to our Meet-Up! I can't wait to see who all shows up!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #74
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

OMG your FE gifts are amazing, your both so talented!

We did the Alaska repo cruise and had the same rotation as you on table 77, I wonder if you'll have our server, I guess i'll wait and see.

I thought that was the 1st Starbucks, i've said in my TR it is, oh well.

I love the red pillows as well.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #75
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Wow, those FE vinylmations are amazing! Your FE group was lucky!

Jill in CO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: