Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #46
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

alaska

Have a cruise booked for Sept and we are super excited!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #47
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

Alaska Here We Come!!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #48
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I love the food reviews almost as well as the cruise...don't hurry on my account.

Jill in CO
Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #49
AAshleySEG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
Alaska Here We Come!!
I hope you have an amazing time! Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I love the food reviews almost as well as the cruise...don't hurry on my account.

Jill in CO
Aww yay! That makes me happy! Because food is something there is a lot of, especially on the cruise itself!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #50
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I love your location....I am from Missouri and everyone thought MO was Michigan or Mississippi.

Jill in CO
LOL!
We are going to Missouri tomorrow, catching a SW flight out of Lambert Airport in St. Louis!

Cheaper and direct flight - better than anything I could find closer to us!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #51
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
LOL!
We are going to Missouri tomorrow, catching a SW flight out of Lambert Airport in St. Louis!

Cheaper and direct flight - better than anything I could find closer to us!
Nice...I used to fly out of STL all the time when I/my folks lived outside Columbia.

Jill in CO
Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #52
AAshleySEG
Mouseketeer

Navigators are being Loaded if anyone wants to see them, the links are on the very first post. I also put up some of the other sheets for any interested parties! There are Spa Brochure, Liquor Prices, Shopping Promotions, Voyage Navigator, Theatre Schedule, and Stateroom TV Listing, Etc!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #53
AAshleySEG
Mouseketeer

Por Favor Mantengase Alejado De Las Puertas

We made it! Today is the day we embark on our Disney Wonder Cruise! We have been looking forward to this trip for a while now! Our very first Disney Cruise and we are over the moon excited about it! I woke up early yet again, seems like it may be a theme on this vacation, which is totally fine with me! So at 6:45am we are now re-packing to make sure everything is in its spot to get put on the ship! I am making sure I keep my FE in the carry-on so I can hang it as soon as we get to our room! We also still needed to put our luggage tags on our 2 bags.

The high today in Seattle is 72 degrees and sunny! That means we should have great weather for the Sail Away Party! We have a DIS Cruise Meet-Up at 3:15 in the Promenade Lounge before the Muster Drill, so it looks like we are in for a full first day on the ship!

You will never guess where we went for breakfast this morning? Ok...maybe you will. We ended up back at Dahlia Bakery for a third straight day in a row. It IS really that good, if you are looking for a quick breakfast in downtown Seattle. We got our breakfast to go and headed back toward the Hotel to Catch the Monorail to Seattle Center. All I kept hearing in my head was, "Please Stand Clear of The Doors, Por Favor Mantengase Alejado De Las Puertas" even though it didn't really say that. Before we left home I had looked up the opening times for the Space Needle, and I recalled it saying at 9:00am but when we got to the Monorail, they had the hours posted and it said that it opens at 10:00am on Mondays! We decided to just go ahead and ride the Monorail to Seattle Center anyway and just walk around for a bit and take some photos and video! We got off the Monorail and walked down the ramp, I turned backward to take a quick shot of the station

As we walked down a little bit farther we noticed that it let you off right in front of the Space Needle! There was already a line queueing up so we just decided to skip it for the moment and just look around a bit more, but not before I took a picture of course!

We saw the outside of the Chihuly Garden & Glass which had just opened up, we purchased tickets online as a combo pack for that and the Space Needle, we are going there the day we get back from the cruise since we have another entire day in Seattle! So we kept walking and headed in the direction of the Pacific Science Center. Leave it to Jeremy to find a funny photo op!

There were a lot of cool animal sculptures outside of the PSC and He just couldn't resist the urge to hug that whale tail! Hopefully we will being seeing more of those in the near future! The real kind though...not the fake ones!

At about 9:20 we thought about it and realized that we didn't need to stand in line for Space Needle tickets! We already bought them online, all we had to do was go on in. We noticed people already going up at 9:30, so we headed back that way, not before I took some video and a photo of the Needle with the Sun!

Pre-purchased tickets are the way to go! We really didn't have to wait at all in the HUGE Space Needle line, we walked right up the ramp, had our photo taken, got in the elevator and really quickly were looking out over the city! The first thing I wanted to see when we got up to the top was the Wonder! It was such a pretty day out we had a clear view of it!!

It was even clear enough to see Mt. Rainier!! I didn't realize how big it was. Our trip wasn't really long enough to be able to go and see it. But like I said, we have been loving Seattle so much, we are definitely going to plan a return trip!

It is really a great view up there! Before we came some people said, nah don't go, it is a touristy thing, and others said we should go. My decision to go was based on something we didn't do once. In 2010 we went to Paris and did not go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I have regretted that decision ever since, so I wanted to make sure I didn't have any regrets about this trip! Which is why we decided to go up. I am very happy with that choice and I don't think it could have been a better day to do it either! We could also see Lake Union which we were planning to kayak on Monday when we returned!

There were kiosks at the top where you could email yourself the photo that they took before you went up so we went over to check it out! We liked it so much we decided to go ahead and buy one! It worked out pretty well because we got one free also, so I can give it to my grandmother. She loves vacation photos of us! We even got to choose a different background!

We were the first and only ones in line to go back down...after all we had a cruise to catch! We hopped right back on the monorail. Got back to the hotel, went upstairs to get our luggage, came down and caught a cab to the pier. Our check-in time was 11:00-11:30. We were only a few minutes away from our very first up close look at the Disney Wonder!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #54
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

You and your cliff hangers!!!!

So, DS and I went twice to see the wonder that day, once after his dr appointment, so we were there from about 10:45-11:45am, then we came back for sail away about 4:30...so we were watching while you were checking in I guess! (said in the least creepy way possible.....)

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #55
AAshleySEG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
You and your cliff hangers!!!!

So, DS and I went twice to see the wonder that day, once after his dr appointment, so we were there from about 10:45-11:45am, then we came back for sail away about 4:30...so we were watching while you were checking in I guess! (said in the least creepy way possible.....)
I have to keep you wanting more..or at least that what I am trying to do... Yep we got to the terminal at about 11:15 so you were definitely watching..mwahahah! Could you hear the sail-away party from where you were?? It was pretty loud from where we were!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #56
AAshleySEG
Mouseketeer

Heeeyyyy...we know you guys!!

After a short cab ride we finally made it to Smith Cove at Pier 91! The home of the Disney Wonder while she is in Seattle! We jumped out of the cab and I couldn't wait to get my very first up and close shot of our home for the next week!!

Jeremy wanted in on the action too! Can he ever take a picture where he just smiles...NO, what is the fun in that! Everybody has smiling photos, we want to actually look like we are having fun...because we ARE!

We were ushered through the doorway, waving Mickey hands all around guiding us through this terminal! We have never been to the Disney Terminal at Port Canaveral and so I heard that one was really cool! This one was decorated with lots of Disney stuff all over, so I got in the mood really quickly!! We handed our bags over, and before we went up the escalator, we got our very first Navigator! Inching ever closer to check-in, next they checked our passports, and we had to fill out the sickness form! Hopefully no one tells a lie on theirs.. We are perfectly healthy so we checked our boxes and made our way around some more. We were given our boarding number next

We were to be in group number 6! There really weren't that many people there so I kept wondering how many numbers they actually go up to...I mean it still looked pretty empty to me! Finally we made it to check-in, there was no line so we went right up to the desk! Everything was in order because I had done online check-in, we got our photo taken and then got our KTTW cards!! Yay! We are officially ready now!

We got out of check-in and turned the corner and Minnie was over there posing for photos with everyone! Before we could get over there I looked up and guess who it was! It was the Schindel Family, who we had met yesterday on the Pike Place Market Tour! We chatted with them a bit, they had gotten there a little before us and were waiting in the Terminal! It was so cool to see them again so soon! I wonder if that would be happening a lot on this voyage? They went to sit back down and we walked over to have our picture taken with Minnie!

We found ourselves a seat right in front of where everyone would board from and got started waiting for the boarding process to start! Someone sure is excited today!!

We pulled out the Navigator and started trying to figure out what we wanted to do when we got on the ship! We wanted to try and make a High Tea Reservation for Palo since they are no longer going to be doing High Tea. So this would be our absolute first and last chance to do it! So 12:30 in Wavebands..we told ourselves to remember that and kept on looking through at all of the stuff happening on board today!

Before you know it, they announced the Family of the Day and everyone started boarding! It was a very quick and smooth process! You pretty much, got in line when your group number was called they took a photo of you, swiped your KTTW cards and you made your way outside to go up the ramps and onto the Disney Wonder! Hey look, no silly faces...this picture seems kind of boring after you guys have seen all the rest right?

We got outside and a couple was trying to take a photo of themselves in front of the ship! I stopped and offered to take a photo for them, they were very thankful and then offered to take one of us, so we said sure! I don't think I ever saw them again on the entire cruise, which is really odd because we seemed to run into the same people over and over again! But thanks anyway couple if you happen to read this TR!

We were so close now, only ramps were in our way from reaching the Wonder...ok ramps and hand sanitizer maybe! That is one thing I really like, I am all about keeping my hands sanitized in a place like this! One more outside shot of the Wonder before we head up those ramps!

Up and Up we go, where we stop..ok everyone knows!! We walk inside the door and hear the words we have been waiting for! *Drum Roll*

"Disney Wonder, Please Welcome Aboard the Chronister Family"
Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #57
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
I have to keep you wanting more..or at least that what I am trying to do... Yep we got to the terminal at about 11:15 so you were definitely watching..mwahahah! Could you hear the sail-away party from where you were?? It was pretty loud from where we were!

Yeah! We were in the shore at Smith Cove Park and we could hear the music, Mickey and Goofy talking (but we couldn't understand them) and people cheering! Then as it was pulling away from view we could still hear "Party Rock Anthem" sounded fun!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #58
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Yeah your at the ship!

Oh my gosh I can't believe what happened at Brave Horse, I am happy they could get you in at Seatown. We had lunch there on our first day and enjoyed it.

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #59
AAshleySEG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
Yeah! We were in the shore at Smith Cove Park and we could hear the music, Mickey and Goofy talking (but we couldn't understand them) and people cheering! Then as it was pulling away from view we could still hear "Party Rock Anthem" sounded fun!
That song is still stuck in my head, I am beginning to think it will be forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
Yeah your at the ship!

Oh my gosh I can't believe what happened at Brave Horse, I am happy they could get you in at Seatown. We had lunch there on our first day and enjoyed it.
Yes...we finally made it to the ship! I was glad we got in there too, I should have had a backup plan, oh well.

Ok everybody...is my TR too long...I feel like I am annoying everyone...LOL I am just trying to make it as complete as possible... I want to remember all these details of my trip so hang in there with me if you can
Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #60
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
That song is still stuck in my head, I am beginning to think it will be forever!

Yes...we finally made it to the ship! I was glad we got in there too, I should have had a backup plan, oh well.

Ok everybody...is my TR too long...I feel like I am annoying everyone...LOL I am just trying to make it as complete as possible... I want to remember all these details of my trip so hang in there with me if you can
Not too long at all, IMO. I especially appreciate the effort in scanning and posting all the nav's etc. Living vicariously through you right now, lol.

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: