Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?
Riding the Aquaduck 79 25.65%
Dining in Palo and/or Remy 92 29.87%
Relaxing in the Rainforest Room 30 9.74%
Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime 20 6.49%
Shopping on shore and/or on ship 10 3.25%
Sailing with Mickey and Minnie 77 25.00%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #256
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Family Beach bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
i'm still debating SB vs the family beach and your pictures are really really really pushing me in the direction of the FB...

it seems as if the swimming is much better at the FB...

when you went into the water at the private beach, was the bottom rocky?

it seems the water over at SB is very shallow with a very rocky bottom....not very conducive to swimming....

decisions decisions!!

so if i go with the FB, which cabana should i choose?
i was thinking number 7, but yours seems to be very nicely positioned, so maybe 6?

No rocks at all. The sand was powder. There wasn't much in the way of seaweed either. If you can tell in the photos the water was very clear.

In the cabana area in Family Beach you can go out much much further than the family beach because the family beach is blocked off with ropes in the water to separate it from the slide area.

The Castaway Cay is built in such a way that even far out, it is not deep - even as far out as we were, we could touch the bottom if we stood.

In the afternoon the tide went out and parts of the cabana family beach area didn't have much water infront of them - the water is going further and further out. We didn't experience much difference at #6, but the end of the row of cabanas had a massive beach by the late afternoon.

Sis thought #5 -7 were the best - close to the bathroom, lunch buffet, ice cream and views of the ship. I couldn't come up with a complaint about #6, but I haven't experienced any of the others.
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #257
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aafdmom View Post
enjoyed your pictures very much of Cabana #6!! We are a large group and have #6 and #7 booked for our cruise in October!
That sounds like too much fun. I was amazed at how much space there is in the cabanas and in the cabana beach area - there's way more seating than cabana guests and plenty of rafts, etc. We had the best time and sounds like you will too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #258
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris31997 View Post
Neither confirm or deny a frozen drink or 2

It never crossed my mind to do the Cabanas, might have to rethink the vow renewal and do it on the boat instead of CC Choices, chooices. Y'all are making this hard. Good thing I have time to decide or change my mind frequently

Mom, Welcome to the DIS Boards.
For us it was a no brainer, mom and dad are not 'beach people' - been in florida too long perhaps? Anyway, Sis and I knew the Outlook Lounge sounded perfect when they first started talking about what the new ships would have for wedding locations. It's really a special view up there and a nicely decorated space. Very intimate.

Sis and I also knew we wanted to do a cabana, especially since mom and dad burn so easily and like to be pampered. Sis and I think we might do a cabana again next year! We have to start budgeting now!

Not trying to make it hard for you!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #259
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Kicked off the island

What I really liked about the cabanas also was how private they felt. Here is my view of the other cabanas while laying in the hammock - see so private.

So relaxing

This is a photo of us getting kicked off the island. PJ asked us if we needed a taxi and we thought he was joking but they really will come get you in a golf cart from the cabanas if you need a ride back. We were still able to walk though.

You can also see how close it is to the buffet (the ice cream is also near there).

little crab

When we arrived we got photos here with Mickey and Goofy

Our Scottish friends' stateroom was one of these on the very back of the ship

does this count?

Mom said that people that stayed on the ship that afternoon had the place to themselves. Including the aquaduck and pools. So if you aren't a beach person, you might like that. Mom says next year, she'll stay on the ship on CC day. This just proves I am nothing like my mother.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #260
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

i can't imagine staying on the ship on CC day!!!!

on our second cruise, we spent the day riding bikes and hanging out at serenity bay.......oh and also doing the banana boat thing (they've discontinued it i think) and the parasail or whatever that's called...

i still haven't decided on whether to go for SB or FB......i have another 36 hours to decide!! or maybe that should be
Old 06-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #261
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

I would love to try out this cruise!!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #262
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

My parents went on the european and i was incredibly jealous!!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #263
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
For us it was a no brainer, mom and dad are not 'beach people' - been in florida too long perhaps? Anyway, Sis and I knew the Outlook Lounge sounded perfect when they first started talking about what the new ships would have for wedding locations. It's really a special view up there and a nicely decorated space. Very intimate.

Sis and I also knew we wanted to do a cabana, especially since mom and dad burn so easily and like to be pampered. Sis and I think we might do a cabana again next year! We have to start budgeting now!

Not trying to make it hard for you!

I am with your parents even growing up in FL and living in HI, I don't tan. I usually look like a cook lobster, spending a whole day on the beach requires multiple applications of spf 1000 I still love the beach.

Question for ya: at 120 you can get the cabanas, how many can you get per room? If I move the renewal to the boat, might do the Outlook(not sure about the number allowed), we would need 2 cabanas. I could put under my name and one under hubby's name. I know that prior cruisers could reserve early too. But we are the only ones to do DCL

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #264
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris31997 View Post
I am with your parents even growing up in FL and living in HI, I don't tan. I usually look like a cook lobster, spending a whole day on the beach requires multiple applications of spf 1000 I still love the beach.

Question for ya: at 120 you can get the cabanas, how many can you get per room? If I move the renewal to the boat, might do the Outlook(not sure about the number allowed), we would need 2 cabanas. I could put under my name and one under hubby's name. I know that prior cruisers could reserve early too. But we are the only ones to do DCL
I think the Outlook lounge holds up to 20 guests but the wedding planner at Disney Fairy Tale weddings, Shanda, will have all the latest answers for you. I know we had to book a year in advance - or at least they recommended that. You get 8 guests included in the price (or 8 plus the bride and groom).

I also think you can book a couple cabanas at 120 days since I've heard that people book more than one when they aren't sure which they want, so I would think you could reserve one for your friends too with another name. Until our cruise our cabana had just Sis listed on the reservation. Concierge team was able to add me, my parents and our friends.

The free coppertone in the cabanas might not be enough for you! I'm just now no longer peeling!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #265
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
I would love to try out this cruise!!
you should!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #266
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Caveat Swimmer

Old 06-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #267
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Deck Party

We said goodbye to Castaway Cay with drinks on our Scottish friends' verandah. They had an extra long verandah on the very back of the ship.

Our friends asked room service to bring extra glasses for wine and we all had some wine that we had carried on board to share.

fun to watch from this vantage point. the same view would be at Cabanas and at Meridan/Palo.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #268
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

deluxe family verandah stateroom

Our scottish friends let me take some photos of their room

It seemed to me like these rooms were bigger than this category on Magic. The bathroom seemed bigger too, but maybe it was just the fact that it was new.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #269
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Happy Hour

Don't think that drinking on the massive deck of our friends prevented me from missing happy hour in the concierge lounge. No, apparently we still made that.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #270
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

love that aft verandah!!! great view of CC as you were sailing away!!!

i really hope to cruise on the fantasy some time....your trip report has more than convinced me!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: