Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

I Like Big Shrimp and I Cannot Lie!

I totally should have closed the curtains when I went to bed last night because the sun was coming in when I woke up at 4:47am! I am most definitely not used to that happening. I tried to go back to sleep with all my might and kept waking up. I finally just got up at 6am and shut myself in the bathroom so Jeremy could sleep and did Facetime with my mother on my iPhone. It was nice getting to see my little doggies back at home when I am 2,823 miles away from home! I love technology! When I got off the phone Jeremy was awake, so we both got up and ready and headed out. We loved Dahlia Bakery so much yesterday that we decided to go back today as well! We didn't have to meet up for our Pike Place Market Tour until 9:40 or so so we had a nice leisurely walk to the Starbucks we were supposed to meet at. Jeremy ran inside and grabbed us some lattes and I got us some seats outside looking straight at the Market Sign

Jeremy had a mocha latte from Starbucks and a Ham & Cheese Croissant from Dahlia Bakery

I had a Vanilla Latte and also had a Ham & Cheese Croissant. We also got an OJ and a plain croissant to split for later, those darn things are just so good!!I am salivating right now just thinking about those croissants!

We still had about 40 minutes until we had to meet back at that Starbucks so we decided to walk around the market a bit to waste a little bit of time! I did manage to take some photos today! There are tons of flowers as I said before
I wanted to buy some fruit so badly, but there was no way we would have been able to eat all of that without it spoiling so I gave up on that idea rather quickly.

If you love seafood and shellfish, this market is as close to heaven as you can get. They had the biggest shrimp I think I have ever seen in my entire life!
They also had rows and rows of Dungeness Crabs, tons of mussels, clams, giant lobster tails, more copper river salmon than an army could eat, I really wish we had this much fresh seafood where I lived! My Omega 3's would be through the roof...

Pretty much whatever you wanted, they had it! I am not a huge fan of spicy food, well I like a little spice, but too much I can't handle, but even the way the hung up the peppers made me want to buy them!

As you walk down Pike Place you hear lots of people asking where the first Starbucks is, and they all get pointed in the direction of this store

But...are they being pointed in the correct direction?? We will save that answer for later on! Being that we are from a small town in North Carolina, we are used to seeing pretty odd things when we travel that we do not have at home. As we were making our way down to the end of the Market I saw something I had never seen before in. A gentleman pushing a pink stroller with two dogs inside!

I guess that might be more common as I would later find out, but it was definitely something I had never seen! It is getting about time to head back to Starbucks to meet our new Savor Seattle Guide for the 2 hour tour, and maybe a few other people too!! So I am now ready to go forth and "Meet The Producer"

AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: