Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #16
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

This is such a fun trip report so far. I love seeing our city through your eyes!

Tom Douglas lives in my brother's neighborhood and my SIL often runs into him at the grocery store. She said he always has interesting things in his basket.

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
pixie08
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I love seeing Seattle through your eyes. We did a lot of the same things so it is very cool to see a new perspective.Great photos!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #18
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
This is such a fun trip report so far. I love seeing our city through your eyes!

Tom Douglas lives in my brother's neighborhood and my SIL often runs into him at the grocery store. She said he always has interesting things in his basket.
I bet he does, I would probably follow him around to see what he had in there and then get it myself...LOL Thanks for reading! I had a lot of fun in Seattle! I can't wait to go back again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I'm in! I love seeing Seattle through your eyes. We did a lot of the same things so it is very cool to see a new perspective.Great photos!
Yay!! You still planning on doing your blog?? I tried to go to the your site last night and it wouldn't let me I want to read it to see what all you guys did!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Bakeries, Rough Seas, Red Mills & Onion Rings! Part Two

We solved our first coordinates and went on a little walk to the other side of the park in the Elliott Bay Bike Trail. On the way to the first coords, we passed a lovely little beach cove, we couldn't resist walking down there, it was just so darn inviting!

We kept going with only a few clues left to solve, we passed another little cove with lots of driftwood in it

and a plaque Honoring the Mariners who have perished at sea

The final clue was at a cute little lighthouse structure.
The question was: What is the second letter in the title of this structure? Now with all of our answers we were ready to solve for the final coordinates and get to the cache! As we were solving we went by another sculpture, but were quickly when we noticed a lady ummm relieving herself behind this piece of art...it gives a whole other meaning to the title of the piece which happened to be "Adjacent, Against, Upon" Moving on, we made it to the location of the cache which was a little on the rocky side, so Jeremy went down to get it, there was a guy catching fish at the bottom so we had to make sure he wasn't watching what we were doing or the cache could potentially be "muggled" SUCCESS! We found the cache and placed our travel bug inside, hopefully to be movied along on its way, we shall see what happens with that. It was getting to be around lunch time and so we walked back up to the Pavilion to make a pit stop...not on the art...there was a really cool mural inside depicting rough seas which Jeremy took a photo of while waiting on me as well as a boat, not sure of the story on these since I didn't take the photos but nevertheless here they are

Jeremy and I watch the Travel Channel and Food Network A LOT. There is a show called Man V Food and on that show the host, Adam went to Seattle and one of the restaurants that he went to was Red Mill Burgers. Apparently they are continuously voted as the best here and so we wanted to see for ourselves! We left Olympic Sculpture Park and walked up to 1st & Broad, we were going to have to take a bus up to Interbay where one of the Red Mill locations was, the bus came very quickly, we tapped our Orca cards and we were on our way! 20 minutes later and we were standing in line to order our food!

We ordered 2 Deluxe Mill Burgers with Cheese, and order of Onion Rings, tartar sauce, and 2 cokes! Now I normally don't drink soft drinks, 99% of the time I only drink water, so I have no idea what made me order a coke, I guess it was the atmosphere who knows, but I did it anyway. After all I am on vacation right! It was a little busy, but not too bad. So we grabbed a booth while waiting for our order to be called

which really didn't take long at all and we dug in!

I started with my burger!

Now, before I get punched by every Seattle person who loves these burgers, just remember how much you loved my TR before...just kidding! They were pretty good burgers, I wouldn't say the best I have ever had but definitely good. Jeremy said they tasted like a homemade Big Mac... Jeremy dug into the onion rings

which were really good with the tartar sauce btw! The Onion Rings..Definitely worth going there for! I don't know what they were spiced/seasoned with..but it was on point! Because they were crunchy and spicy and yummy!

Something I noticed around Seattle is how eco-friendly everything is! Red Mill in particular had compost/recycle bins, and compostable plastic containers! I wish everywhere in NC were like this too! We left Red Mill in the afternoon and walked back over to the "temporary" bus stop, they were doing construction so it was a little tricky to find it...but we did! This area had quite a bit of traffic for a Saturday afternoon, so if you decide to venture out there make sure you are paying attention when crossing the street and such, while we were in the crosswalk with a Walk signal, a car came barreling through the red light because the person inside was texting and not paying attention...good thing we were! Back on the bus we took it to 3rd & Virginia which made for a short walk back to the hotel to get ready for the game...but on our way something caught Jeremy's attention and he just HAD to stop to feed his addiction!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Wow...what a great start. I am so booking that tour...now I just have to plan a trip! May I ask what it cost and what the contact info is for the tour?

Thanks!

Jill in CO
Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #21
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Wow...what a great start. I am so booking that tour...now I just have to plan a trip! May I ask what it cost and what the contact info is for the tour?

Thanks!

Jill in CO
Sure thing!!
Savor Seattle Tours

The Gourmet Indulgence Tour we did was $69pp, it was a 3 hour walking tour and well worth the price for everything we got for us!
We also did the Pike Place Market Tour which was $39pp it is another awesome tour which I will talk more about later on in the TR! Both done by Savor Seattle! Thanks for reading along!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #22
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
Sure thing!!
Savor Seattle Tours

The Gourmet Indulgence Tour we did was $69pp, it was a 3 hour walking tour and well worth the price for everything we got for us!
We also did the Pike Place Market Tour which was $39pp it is another awesome tour which I will talk more about later on in the TR! Both done by Savor Seattle! Thanks for reading along!!
Wow...those prices are great for everything that you got to see and eat!

Thanks for sharing.

Jill in CO
Old 06-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Bakeries, Rough Seas, Red Mills & Onion Rings! Part Three

As we walked along on our way toward the hotel which eventually would lead us to the Light Rail station, Jeremy looked over and noticed a Comic Book shop. So of course we had to stop! How else could we fuel his habit. It is also pretty interesting to note how different comic shops can be all over the country. Luckily we got out of there with all the money we went in with...whew! We took the LINK from Westlake Station to Stadium Station which is only 4 stops away! We utilized the public transportation of this city a whole lot and it is all very convenient and easy to use! All you need is an Orca Card and you should be all set! We arrived at the stadium for Batting Practice again, I got some better photos today because I remembered to bring my 50-250mm lens which helps for these types of things!
I got a really cool picture of Chad Billingsley who is a starting pitcher for the Dodgers who would be pitching on Sunday

We got comfortable, today we were in the outfield 2nd row hoping to catch some home run balls...well that never happened, oh well maybe next time. Jeremy was a little on the hungry side after a few innings so he went in search of food. He came back with a disclaimer...all of the lines were really long so he just went to one place. He looked at the menu and wondered what the "Mariner Dog" was, so he ordered it, turns out it was just a plain hot dog with nothing on it...he also got some nachos. We are in the baseball stadium with some of the best food choices around and I get a hot dog and nachos...classic! I can't complain though because I could have gotten up to get whatever I wanted but instead, I was too busy watching the game, like a good baseball fan...HAHA I did manage to take a photo of the side of the seats, I don't recall, but I think this is the first seat art I have ever seen? There probably is more, but I never noticed it!

It was pretty cool how close we were to the outfielders I managed to get really great shots of Lots of things. I am not going to overload you all with baseball photos but I will show you a few. If you are interested in seeing the rest, at the end of the TR I will put ALL of my photos online so you can check them out. I have TONS...I mean TONS of photos. For now, here is Jeremy's favorite Dodger Andre Ethier

The most famous current Mariner Ichiro Suzuki

and a photo I am not quite sure how I managed to get, but thought it was cool once I saw what I had captured! The pitcher Todd Coffey who is a reliever for the Dodgers was closing out the game and he was pitching and I caught the ball in mid air before it reached the batter!
It was a great game!! Dodgers WIN! I think they were mad that they were no hit yesterday so they decided to rough up the Mariners a bit. As we were walking out of the stadium there was a street performer playing the saxophone, at the moment we left the stadium he happened to be playing the Mickey Mouse Club theme, which capped off a great day! It made my night to hear that song when we were going on a Disney Cruise in less than 2 days! We made our way back to the hotel for an early night in, it is difficult changing time zones...I imagine it will be even more so when we go home.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #24
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

From the looks of it, we didn't plan nearly enough time in Seattle. We are only coming in the day before since we are leaving the kids with my mom. We won't even have time to take the gourmet tour since it would be pushing it if our flight was late. Boo... oh well, next time.

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #25
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
From the looks of it, we didn't plan nearly enough time in Seattle. We are only coming in the day before since we are leaving the kids with my mom. We won't even have time to take the gourmet tour since it would be pushing it if our flight was late. Boo... oh well, next time.
We had 4 days there total and I don't even think that is enough time... We really want to plan a trip to go back just to Seattle and the surrounding area, there is so much to do there and it being a stopover isn't really enough. So I wouldn't worry too much about not being there this time, it will just give you another chance to plan to go back...hehe!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #26
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Okay so I'm sorry if you already said this.... But what camera And lenses are you using? I saw you said the 50-250 for the game, but what about the others?

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
Okay so I'm sorry if you already said this.... But what camera are you using?
I have a Canon Rebel T2i DSLR I used the kit lens that came with it and the 50-250mm lens for some other things when I needed to get closer!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #28
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

OMG that is exactly what I was thinking of buying, with the same lenses! Awesome! Glad to know it does so well!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #29
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
OMG that is exactly what I was thinking of buying, with the same lenses! Awesome! Glad to know it does so well!
I'm glad you are liking the photos, a good thing to know also about the Rebel T2i is that I used it a LOT for video, I can film 1080p HD with it, so later on in the TR you will be able to see that part of it in action as well! I love that camera, I can really do anything I want with it, I am not a professional photographer by any means, but sometimes it makes me feel like I am...LOL
Old 06-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #30
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
I'm glad you are liking the photos, a good thing to know also about the Rebel T2i is that I used it a LOT for video, I can film 1080p HD with it, so later on in the TR you will be able to see that part of it in action as well! I love that camera, I can really do anything I want with it, I am not a professional photographer by any means, but sometimes it makes me feel like I am...LOL
I have the same camera! I can't wait, I'm going to take tons of photos!

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: