Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
soccerchick
Dis Veteran
My husband has rice duty

Sea World Partner Hotels and Quick Que

Has anyone stayed at a partner hotel and NOT been able to get a quick que from it? The fine print says there is a limited availability. This would be the tipping point for selecting one hotel over another and I'd be disappointed if we couldn't get these.

Did anyone use the shuttles? Pros/Cons?

In looking at the partner hotels, some of them have slight differences in the perks - for example one hotel had many early entrance days listed for 2012, another only had two listed. One hotel would upgrade a quick que to unlimited, others offered unlimited QQ, but in limited quantities.

Thanks for any feedback.
soccerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
bas71873
DIS Veteran

I'm curious about this too. We are booked at the Renaissance Marriott in August.

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
monarchsfan16
Holy smokes, the DIS is a big place!
Was recognized as a New Englander in Yellowstone because I exclaimed wicked awesome as Old Faithful erupted

I stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club in April. I had no problems getting the Quick Queue (unlimited), but I did go early in the morning, the day before I wanted it for. At least at the HGVC, you can get your QQ voucher the day before you want it for, which, if you have that option, certainly helps with availability. But I did see people picking up QQ vouchers for that day.

I did use the shuttle to go to Sea World. It worked fine. At the Sea World desk in the lobby, they gave a list of shuttle times. At that hotel, no reservation was necessary for the SW/Aquatica bus. Just show up at the bus stop. There were departures roughly every hour. In the evening, I left SW on the ~5:30 bus (park closed at 7). The bus had a lot of people, so, rather than packing us on like sardines, the driver decided to drop us off then loop back to Aquatica, rather than stopping at Aquatica on the way to the hotels.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
LandJ
Earning My Ears

We just returned home from our trip last w/e where we stayed at the Springhill Suites. I asked the woman at the counter about the QQ tickets and told her I was worried about not getting one. She said they RARELY run out of the passes.....really only around spring break and the fourth of July. I was able to get mine Saturday night after DC to use at SW on Sunday.
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Thanks to both of the previous PPs. I'm getting more & more excited for our August trip!

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandJ View Post
We just returned home from our trip last w/e where we stayed at the Springhill Suites. I asked the woman at the counter about the QQ tickets and told her I was worried about not getting one. She said they RARELY run out of the passes.....really only around spring break and the fourth of July. I was able to get mine Saturday night after DC to use at SW on Sunday.
Great info . We are consider a trip on Christmas week and the availability of QQ was one of our concerns. I am an early riser (yes, even on vacation ) so being there at the crack of dawn for pick up the day prior would not be a problem, unforunately!!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: