Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #256
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Cool sneak peek... Wish they had updated the phones though. You'd think by now they'd be able to go with older iphones/androids.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #257
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Hi guys

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. Went to Logan's tonight. It was pretty good.

Norm, I hope your DD gets better. My girls were very concerned when they heard she was not feeling well.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #258
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
DW got her in today. He ordered blood work but thinks it is a virus and says there is no treatment and to just let it run thru her system, including spiking fevers. This doesn't sound right to me.
Drives me nuts how some doctors will go to any length just to prove their beliefs. I guarantee that whatever the blood test results, this guy will interpret them to fit his (almost certainly incorrect) belief that viruses cause most sinus-type infections. I understand that you want to limit antibiotic use, but it certainly sounds like your daughter has crossed that threshold! Good luck and hang in there. You have my sympathies.

The good news is that within the next 5-10 years, there will be incredible changes to how we diagnose infections. The idea that we are still using the same culture strategies for the last 50+ years is insane. Who's to say that the organism that grows in a culture is the actual infection? Nothing is sterile in the human body and there are little microorganisms growing everywhere. What's the odds that the organism that grew in the culture is the actual pathogen when there are literally dozens of organisms in the human sinus & respiratory tract? Fair at best and highly dependent on who takes and runs the culture. The research into genetic testing of the human "biome" is amazing. The results these guys are getting is unbelievable and I expect we'll all benefit very quickly given the rate of increase in the clinical uses. These guys can take a sample and give you the composition, amount, and percentage of each organism very exactly. Then, they can track when a new organism or one of the "old" colonized organisms, starts growing out of proportion to what it should. Amazing stuff. Hopefully will eliminate some of this BS that a lot of parents are going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Hey fellas!

Back at work () today after a few days in New England. Got to see the Baseball Hall of Fame and then hang out in Stowe, Vermont for a few days. Beautiful area, great time relaxing with family. Didn't want to come back.

We stopped in CT for lunch with Chris (DisDadDoc) and family on the way back, and had a great time.

Now back to work...Bleh.

Oh, and Happy Birthday David!
Great seeing you guys, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning Guys!

Happy Birthday David!

My surgery got pushed back to 1, so now its a light breakfast and very little coffee, not a good combination for anyone traveling with me.

Matt
Good luck today, Matt!
Chris Dis Dad #403 DW DS(14) DS(13) DD(11)

As Kid: 1978 Polynesian - 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 GF/Poly -
Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF - June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT -
Feb 2012 AKL - Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Jan 2014 TBD
Old 06-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #259
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Well just got back from ER with eldest son.Left side of his face went numb and started drooping. Needed to take him to make sure wasn't a stroke. Well the good news is it wasn't.It is bells palsy.I guess I can take that as good news.
I need a Disney fix
Carl....sorry to hear about your son. I too, have gone through that same scare. I woke up one morning with a droopy face...went to the ER to rule out stroke and also was diagnosed with bells palsy.

Thankfully, mine was mild and corrected itself in a few weeks.

Hope he gets better real soon!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 06-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #260
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Glad to see the Heat decided to show up the 2nd quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Hi guys

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. Went to Logan's tonight. It was pretty good.

Norm, I hope your DD gets better. My girls were very concerned when they heard she was not feeling well.
Thanks Dave. Isn't it amazing how one meeting can stick with children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
Drives me nuts how some doctors will go to any length just to prove their beliefs. I guarantee that whatever the blood test results, this guy will interpret them to fit his (almost certainly incorrect) belief that viruses cause most sinus-type infections. I understand that you want to limit antibiotic use, but it certainly sounds like your daughter has crossed that threshold! Good luck and hang in there. You have my sympathies.

The good news is that within the next 5-10 years, there will be incredible changes to how we diagnose infections. The idea that we are still using the same culture strategies for the last 50+ years is insane. Who's to say that the organism that grows in a culture is the actual infection? Nothing is sterile in the human body and there are little microorganisms growing everywhere. What's the odds that the organism that grew in the culture is the actual pathogen when there are literally dozens of organisms in the human sinus & respiratory tract? Fair at best and highly dependent on who takes and runs the culture. The research into genetic testing of the human "biome" is amazing. The results these guys are getting is unbelievable and I expect we'll all benefit very quickly given the rate of increase in the clinical uses. These guys can take a sample and give you the composition, amount, and percentage of each organism very exactly. Then, they can track when a new organism or one of the "old" colonized organisms, starts growing out of proportion to what it should. Amazing stuff. Hopefully will eliminate some of this BS that a lot of parents are going through.
!
Sounds like Star Trek has had a great influence on us - cell phones and medical scanners.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #261
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Nemesis...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #262
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post

I actually got smarter from reading this.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #263
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Nemesis
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #264
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Nemesis

Good luck in baseball this week.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #265
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Evening everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
A coworker and next door office person got fired today. Morale got a bit lower.

DW got her in today. He ordered blood work but thinks it is a virus and says there is no treatment and to just let it run thru her system, including spiking fevers. This doesn't sound right to me.
Sorry about the morale. Hate workplaces like that. If this wasn;t the fault of co-worker, let's hope she bounces back quick.

No it isn't right. Sounds a little like our pediatrician, who don't geyt me wrong, is a great doctor, he was MY doctor when I was a kid But he is a "play it out" type. When Audrey starts fevers, we try to treat it ourselves, and if this fails, off to the "Kidzclinic" at the hospital who run the tests and findout if antibiotics are needed. After a visit there, she gets better after a few days. This all sounded so much like Audrey in her 1st and second year.

Very glad she is getting the right treatment now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Well just got back from ER with eldest son.Left side of his face went numb and started drooping. Needed to take him to make sure wasn't a stroke. Well the good news is it wasn't.It is bells palsy.I guess I can take that as good news.
I need a Disney fix
Prayers to DS. I guess it could have been worse, but still hard to hear. Hope recovery is quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
I actually got smarter from reading this.
.....didn't work for me

Man, vacation in 4 weeks cannot come soon enough, I have NO motivation at work anymore, just doing the minimal if that, going through the paces. Only one shift (Friday) left with my friend which scares me a bit, she keeps me grounded at the store, once she's gone I might snap. Hoping tomorrow might be a diversion, it's a Beer Workshop Can;t help think that there is something physically wrong here though, no energy whatsoever.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 06-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #266
SoundGuy
DisDad #706 "Do you hear what I hear?"

Howdy Gentlemen...
I posted in the "Intro yourself" thread, but thought I'd come over here too.

Family Situation Married for almost 11 years with one 2yo Daughter
Favorite Food: Sushi, Burgers, Pizza
Hobbies: Motorcycles, Muscle Cars, Shooting, Online Gaming

Upcoming trips: Disneyland July 1, 5-7
Disney World Aug. 26-Sep. 4
Disneyland Sep. 24-29

Hope to get to know ya'll better.

DisneyWorld-July 2007, Sept. 2010, Sept. 2012
Old 06-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #267
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuy View Post
Howdy Gentlemen...

Disneyland Sep. 24-29

Welcome Jeff!

Finally got in for the old snip at 430 or so yesterday.
laying in the bed surfing, just me and my bag of peas. Everything seemed to go well.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #268
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Howdy Gentlemen...

Disneyland Sep. 24-29

You posted in the right spot...

to the DISDad's.

Emma's Dad will be by eventually to give you your official number... please be patient, he's currently at the beach drinking Mai Tai's.

Looks like we'll be passing each other on the way in / out of WDW. I check out Aug 26. I originally scheduled my vacation the exact dates as you, but we moved it back a week. Where are you staying @ WDW?

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 06-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #269
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

A great win for the Heat last night and great showing for LeBron playing thru pain. No team has come back in NBA Finals down 3-1. I hope LeBron doesn't add that to his resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Sorry about the morale. Hate workplaces like that. If this wasn;t the fault of co-worker, let's hope she bounces back quick.

No it isn't right. Sounds a little like our pediatrician, who don't geyt me wrong, is a great doctor, he was MY doctor when I was a kid But he is a "play it out" type. When Audrey starts fevers, we try to treat it ourselves, and if this fails, off to the "Kidzclinic" at the hospital who run the tests and findout if antibiotics are needed. After a visit there, she gets better after a few days. This all sounded so much like Audrey in her 1st and second year.

Very glad she is getting the right treatment now..
Maybe it's just the combination of both that made it that much worse. While work has some grat benefits, it can be terribly frustrating. It seems like all the money is put on management and everything is denied or removed for budget constraints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Welcome Jeff!

Finally got in for the old snip at 430 or so yesterday.
laying in the bed surfing, just me and my bag of peas. Everything seemed to go well.

Matt
Glad to hear you survived. I still just can't go thru with that. Well done.

Quote:
Howdy Gentlemen...

Disneyland Sep. 24-29

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. And, there over 700 now, but you really only need to ship to those posting on this thread, or better yet, just send them to me. We are planning DL in 2020.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 06-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #270
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Good Morning Gentlemen
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, dad, manly, old spice

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: