Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}
 
SDSorority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.
Posts: 3,265

This isn't my picture, but Emily posted this on her facebook page a few days ago. I.was.so.excited.

This is at the Yacht/Beach.

__________________
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #17
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran
 
clanmcculloch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,570

YAY!!!!! Maybe other resorts will be getting this kind of variety soon. This is so great to see.
__________________
Me DH DD(16) DD(14) DSD(32) DSSil (41) DGD (newborn) DSD(30) DGS(4)




Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010


February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}
 
SDSorority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.
Posts: 3,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
YAY!!!!! Maybe other resorts will be getting this kind of variety soon. This is so great to see.
I know!!!
__________________
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #19
Elitravelor
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 213

Yummy!

I am so excited to see Babycakes at the BC! We are staying at the BC club level and our daughter is gluten free. We are so excited to see all the gluten free choices. We have been to Disney many times but this is our first gluten free trip. I hope this means there may be some gluten free choices in the club lounge.

Thanks for all the pictures!
Elitravelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}
 
SDSorority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.
Posts: 3,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitravelor View Post
I am so excited to see Babycakes at the BC! We are staying at the BC club level and our daughter is gluten free. We are so excited to see all the gluten free choices. We have been to Disney many times but this is our first gluten free trip. I hope this means there may be some gluten free choices in the club lounge.

Thanks for all the pictures!

We're expecting pictures from your trip you know....
__________________
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #21
Elitravelor
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 213

Gluten free

Yes I hope we will be taking pictures of lots of yummy food!

I am excited to know DD will have so many choices. I just don't know how she will do with the "extra attention". She is 16 so sometimes any "differences" are an issue for her...but other times it is no problem. She has done a great job dealing with eating gluten free but honestly at school events she often just doesn't eat until she gets home!

She is excited to go on a trip and not have stomach issues!
Elitravelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #22
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}
 
SDSorority's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.
Posts: 3,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitravelor View Post
Yes I hope we will be taking pictures of lots of yummy food!

I am excited to know DD will have so many choices. I just don't know how she will do with the "extra attention". She is 16 so sometimes any "differences" are an issue for her...but other times it is no problem. She has done a great job dealing with eating gluten free but honestly at school events she often just doesn't eat until she gets home!

She is excited to go on a trip and not have stomach issues!
I'm totally the same way as your DD... and I'm 27

Normally I make DH talk to the chef to tell him our needs (with our little allergy cards) because it stresses me out. But the chefs are seriously so nice, so it's really no big deal- they do it ALL DAY LONG.
__________________
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #23
Elitravelor
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 213

You are so nice to share that! It has been a "dance" for me and her to know who and when we should speak to someone when we eat out. Sometimes she just does it herself and other times she wants us all to just say nothing! Honestly, we eat out a lot less now. We examine every menu online before picking a place. But, Disney here we come.....there will be choices!!
Elitravelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #24
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Fancy GF, peanut/tree nut free dessert for my kids, at Ohana, courtesy of Chef T.J., who is no longer at that location (this was '09). Last I heard he was at 1900 Park Fare. I might have to stalk him.



We also had great service at Tusker House for lunch, where my kids were offered GF cookies, GF brownie, or homemade GF donuts...and were brought all three!!!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #25
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran
 
clanmcculloch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,570

You'll laugh but I think that the thing I was most upset about losing when I lost my camera at the end of our most recent trip was my picture with me and DD14 with Chef TJ by our Chef TJ desserts. They were even served with some spun sugar on top which was really cool plus there was caramel corn on the plate. SOOOO yummy!! This was at 1900 Park Fare for dinner in the end of February.
__________________
Me DH DD(16) DD(14) DSD(32) DSSil (41) DGD (newborn) DSD(30) DGS(4)




Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010


February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #26
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
You'll laugh but I think that the thing I was most upset about losing when I lost my camera at the end of our most recent trip was my picture with me and DD14 with Chef TJ by our Chef TJ desserts. They were even served with some spun sugar on top which was really cool plus there was caramel corn on the plate. SOOOO yummy!! This was at 1900 Park Fare for dinner in the end of February.
I do not laugh. Chef TJ is a rock star. The funny thing is, I knew right away who he was, because everyone had raved over his allergy free creations at Boma. Sigh. Maybe he'll be at one of our favs next trip (because we won't be going back to Park Fare -- non allergy related issues.)
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #27
Elitravelor
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 213

Wow! DD just looked at those creations from Chef T.J. and was amazed!! Even though she doesn't like chocolate..... She said Disney is the most magical place!
Elitravelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #28
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitravelor View Post
Wow! DD just looked at those creations from Chef T.J. and was amazed!! Even though she doesn't like chocolate..... She said Disney is the most magical place!
I can't find the other pics of that meal, but Chef TJ made Tiki houses out of chicken wings too. LOL
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #29
Elitravelor
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 213

Tiki houses out of chicken wings! Oh my, sounds like fun. When we go to parties, we take food or DD does salad....so to have food for her that looks as good or even better than everyone else's food at the table...will be great.
Elitravelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #30
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitravelor View Post
Tiki houses out of chicken wings! Oh my, sounds like fun. When we go to parties, we take food or DD does salad....so to have food for her that looks as good or even better than everyone else's food at the table...will be great.
You have no idea. I wanted to cry the whole trip. He feels so special at WDW. (My dd has outgrown her wheat issues, ds probably never will, and has Pn/Tn to boot.)
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: