Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #151
4orm
Disney bride dreaming of buying DVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
And the truth is
No matter what they do this is not going to be a "kid friendly" event. Strange food, adult beverages etc.

Sometimes Disney just has to "fix" what isn't broken!
And call me crazy but how is that drink even kid friendly? Not to go all nutty but refined sugar is really the last thing a growing child needs. Happy that they'll have some organic juices and wine though. Give my kid some juice so I can go to town on the cheese soup!

1981 - 1989 DL & DW many times*1997 - POFQ*2004 - GF & POR (married @ WDW)*2005 - AKL & BCV*2005 - CR, Poly & BWV (f&w)*2006 - DLH*2007 - DLRP*2007 - Dolphin*2008 Swan & WL (f&w)*2010 CR&Swan (DD 1st bday and f&w)*2011 Swan/SSR (DD 2nd bday and f&w)*2012 BLT, AKL, CSR for my pirate girl (DD 3rd bday and f&w)
4orm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #152
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
One of the things I loved about F&W was that it was geared for Adults.
Quote:
And the truth is
No matter what they do this is not going to be a "kid friendly" event. Strange food, adult beverages etc.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the pluses of the PFTS becoming kiddie friendly. It's a unique, amazing party for adults.

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #153
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If WDW got enough complaints about "nothing for the kids to try or do" then I can see them responding. The idea wasn't to make PFTS kiddie friendly - the new smoothie is being served at the dessert kiosk in World Showcase, not at PFTS. I think OCC may have been referring to the festival as a whole. They are supposedly going to begin introducing non-alcoholic smoothies and fruit juices at the kiosks, for children.

On the other hand, this is the same Disney management that decided they needed a preschool character meal, maybe they just got around to messing with the Festival.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #154
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If WDW got enough complaints about "nothing for the kids to try or do" then I can see them responding. The idea wasn't to make PFTS kiddie friendly - the new smoothie is being served at the dessert kiosk in World Showcase, not at PFTS. I think OCC may have been referring to the festival as a whole. They are supposedly going to begin introducing non-alcoholic smoothies and fruit juices at the kiosks, for children.

On the other hand, this is the same Disney management that decided they needed a preschool character meal, maybe they just got around to messing with the Festival.
Whew! I'm relieved. Thanks for explaining. I think the fruit juice, smoothie ideas in the World Showcase are great.

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #155
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't think they are trying with PFTS either. Thier solution there was to add that "healthy eating" event.

However, I think this could backfire. First they got complaints F&W wasn't family friendly. So they make it "friendly" Anyone want to guess what the next complaint will be... my bet is on "there were too many drunks" Look darling watch the folks drink themselves silly, it will be a learning event!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #156
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Disney Food Blog posted an interview with Chef Marianne Hunnel...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...nts-and-chefs/
Thanks for posting! I am really excited that the Canada booth will have a mushroom filet offered in their marketplace. Really looking forward to that!

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #157
CupcakeLisa
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Sweet Sundays will be happening again this year?

Sept 2010 Maingate Lakeside
Oct 2012 OKW with free DDP

Upcoming Trip
Sept 2014 - two weeks Maingate Lakeside
March 2015 - two weeks Port Orleans French Quarter with free DDP
CupcakeLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #158
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Marianne did say they will be back next year. They are not being offered because Bistro de Paris will be undergoing renovation.
Thanks, that's what thought, but it's nice to know they will be back next year.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #159
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
One of the things I loved about F&W was that it was geared for Adults.
Quote:
And the truth is

Agreed. I guess we'll see what kind of impact it makes, if any, on the World Showcase's demographic this fall. I won't be in a corner grumbling about how EPCOT is no place for children (at least not out loud), but I do hope the efforts to include kids don't alter the Festival's vibe too much.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #160
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Well personally I am thrilled they are making it more "kid friendly". I have never been to it before, so I am not sure exactly what that means. My kids favorite park has always been Epcot, and I am sure they are going to love it even more after we go to the F and W festival!
*May 2015- TBD * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #161
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

this is our first adult only trip , arriving on my Bday oct 11th , soooo excited to see Smash mouth , and have adult time , kids own enough of Disney , I agree that it would be a shame to lose the vibe ....
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
stitchaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #162
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa View Post
Agreed. I guess we'll see what kind of impact it makes, if any, on the World Showcase's demographic this fall. I won't be in a corner grumbling about how EPCOT is no place for children (at least not out loud), but I do hope the efforts to include kids don't alter the Festival's vibe too much.
My DH and I feel the same way...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #163
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Whew! I'm relieved. Thanks for explaining. I think the fruit juice, smoothie ideas in the World Showcase are great.
I am actually really excited to hear about the addition of more non-booze drinks. Not everyone one can drink booze, so it is nice to have an option. While I do enjoy a drink here and there during Food and Wine, I have to watch how much I drink due to a medical condition. So, as long as they don't reduce OTHER options (as it IS a Food and WINE Festival), adding more options that don't have alcohol in them is actually a good idea. I would bet many of them will sell well... and not just to kids.

I wish I was going this year, but I will live through all those who are. I will be there next year though!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #164
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

This will be our first year going to F&W, will be at WDW Oct 14-20, and am so excited. I just read the blog and the one thing that I'm kindof disappointed about is the lamb meatball. I LOVE lamb and seen that last year they had a lamb slider but are changing it this year to a meatball. A meatball come on. It better be a nice sized one. lol. I figure they probably change like this all the time but I really wanted one. lol

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #165
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
This will be our first year going to F&W, will be at WDW Oct 14-20, and am so excited. I just read the blog and the one thing that I'm kindof disappointed about is the lamb meatball. I LOVE lamb and seen that last year they had a lamb slider but are changing it this year to a meatball. A meatball come on. It better be a nice sized one. lol. I figure they probably change like this all the time but I really wanted one. lol
I love lamb too, but I thought the slider was kind of gross. It came with a chutney that was sickly sweet. I hope the meatball will be better.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: