Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #511
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
I can understand feeling like you're getting mixed messages, people all have different opinions on what is 'right' and it often gets volatile when people disagree (especially about tipping)

Disney's rule is that if you're a party of 6 or more, or if you're using the TiW card, you tip the same % at all sit down restaurants, including buffets.

If you don't fit into one of those categories, what you tip at each restaurant is entirely up to you. If you want to tip normally, that's up to you, and if you want to adjust that, it's up to you.

Hope that this helps a little.
Thank you! That does help A LOT! I am happy to tip what I normally do in a restaurant. I just wanted to know about how much cash to have on hand. One more thing to check off the list!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #512
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissafox18 View Post
This is probably an excessively stupid question, but with character buffets (Crystal Palace in particular in our case), I was planning on tipping just like I would at a normal sit down-non buffet meal. Is that correct? I feel like I'm getting mixed messages from what I've read.
Yeah, they make it clear as mud

But to actually answer your question: what your thinking is correct
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #513
Nobtis
Earning My Ears

Some really great info! I enjoyed reading this and thanks everyone for the input!
Nobtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #514
tlaw66
Mouseketeer

be bice this is just a question

Thanks all i am asking this for the simple reason it counts twords a budget.
I was looking at some trip reports and a few people had 3 or 4 people with them and there was a line and they were charged 18% on that ticket. Is this standard? I tend to tip well but tip mor at night then in the morning and i have to make sure i am counting enough money for this if it is always on there for 4 people. Again this is not a make or break part of the trip so be nice I just need an answer

Thanks and for some of you that seen this post in another spot i am sorry didn't no that there was a spot for it.
tlaw66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #516
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

Okay, we are doing DXDP in November. Is there anywhere that lists abut what the prices are for each TS restaurant so I can sort of guestimate what I need to budget for a tip? Say, for instance, CP is $X for adults and $X for child so I know how much to tip based on that?

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #518
Laneyg
Mouseketeer

tipping with cash for a party of 8 on DDP

We are a party of 8 and on the DDP. I know that gratuity will be added and I know that we can put it on our key to the world and then settle up at the end of the trip. (right)?

Well what if we prefer to leave cash? What do we need to do? Scratch something out and write cash? What's to stop them from charging it to our key as well? (Either accidentally/out of habit or on purpose)?
Laneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #519
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneyg View Post
We are a party of 8 and on the DDP. I know that gratuity will be added and I know that we can put it on our key to the world and then settle up at the end of the trip. (right)?

Well what if we prefer to leave cash? What do we need to do? Scratch something out and write cash? What's to stop them from charging it to our key as well? (Either accidentally/out of habit or on purpose)?
You can pay the balance (gratuity) however you choose. So cash would be fine, you could also mix it up throughout the trip. Occasionally paying cash and paying with the KTTW card other times. You will sign your receipt when you use your card and you will get a receipt when you pay your gratuity in cash.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #520
cathydwin
Mouseketeer

I usually write in cash. There only time ot was automatically added to the card was when we were one of the last parties at Ohana for breakfast and we were the last poeple in there. The waitstaff did offer to remove the tip so we could pay with cash. Honestly, the tip she added was less than what we would have left
cathydwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #521
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydwin View Post
I usually write in cash. There only time ot was automatically added to the card was when we were one of the last parties at Ohana for breakfast and we were the last poeple in there. The waitstaff did offer to remove the tip so we could pay with cash. Honestly, the tip she added was less than what we would have left

That is what I would recommend when it isn't added to the bill. For the PP I would draw a dash through the tip amount (assuming they don't want to tip additional beyond the auto gratuity.) For the PP, they will get a bill showing the gratuity due and they will decide how to pay the bill, either cash, CC, or KTTW card.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #522
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

quick ??
If I have a party of 11(we will be staying in 4 seperate rooms) so 4 seperate bills, is the 18% based on who is in your party(11) or on your dining plan(4 for us)?

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #523
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
quick ??
If I have a party of 11(we will be staying in 4 seperate rooms) so 4 seperate bills, is the 18% based on who is in your party(11) or on your dining plan(4 for us)?
If your dining reservation is for 11 its 18% added to your bill autmatically
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #524
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Its 18% of what your party orders. DP or OOP doesnt matter.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #525
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

18% will be added to each bill if you are paying by room

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: