Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
mla973
Counting the days until life in FL is a reality...
Of course I'm around *~*Snarky Purple Tagfairy*~*
 
mla973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Michigan - Too far from WDW!
Posts: 1,055

Anyone else having trouble getting the new podcast episodes on iTunes?

On my auto download on my Macbook, the episodes skip from May 30 to June 14, and they show up under a different DIS podcast graphic (like they're not the same podcast).

I know Pete said there are some issues...

I don't seem to have any trouble getting them on my iPhone though. Thoughts on how to fix it. Maybe it's something on my end.

Thanks for all you do. I look forward to the podcast each week!
__________________
21 trips to the World since 1994. 2 semesters on the WDW college program.
Me DH DS3 Scooter
mla973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla973 View Post
On my auto download on my Macbook, the episodes skip from May 30 to June 14, and they show up under a different DIS podcast graphic (like they're not the same podcast).

I know Pete said there are some issues...

I don't seem to have any trouble getting them on my iPhone though. Thoughts on how to fix it. Maybe it's something on my end.

Thanks for all you do. I look forward to the podcast each week!
I'm using a PC and having absolutely no problems. (I've always wanted to say that to a Mac user.) The podcast shows up on iTunes immediately.

Have you tried, "show all episodes" or whatever the ios version of that command might be?
__________________
Jack
jcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
fall08CP
Cheesehead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Titletown USA.
Posts: 2,486

I'm having issues too. I updated to ios6 which isn't allowing me to connect to the iTunes store on my phone or Ipad (grr), but I'm having other issues on my pc. Lately they've come into a new folder, as if they're a different podcast completely. Therefore, as I have iTunes sync the 5 most recent episodes, it is actually giving me 10. I've also noticed iTunes pulling up old episodes and stamping a new date on them, so if I manually download a recent episode, it'll actually be a random one from '09

I apologize if these have already been addressed on another thread, and I am enjoying listening to old episodes, even on accident As I only have Internet at work (not at home), I have to be extra careful to make I have the correct episodes. I can take a screenshot at work tomorrow if that helps at all..
__________________
I'm what Willis was talking about.
fall08CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #4
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,264

I have experienced jus what the others have mentioned. I am actually a couple podcasts behind becasue I have had to manually look for them. I also have two podcast folders for some reason as well.
__________________
C.J. My husband is jealous because I am in love with a Mouse!!!
eeyorethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
CherylA
DIS Veteran
 
CherylA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: CT
Posts: 2,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla973 View Post
On my auto download on my Macbook, the episodes skip from May 30 to June 14, and they show up under a different DIS podcast graphic (like they're not the same podcast).

I know Pete said there are some issues...

I don't seem to have any trouble getting them on my iPhone though. Thoughts on how to fix it. Maybe it's something on my end.

Thanks for all you do. I look forward to the podcast each week!
I had exactly the same experience and at first couldn't find them, I wasn't scrolling down to the bottom. I was on a PC. My phone synced okay but it only ever gets the News/Rapidfire one on it's own, the other portions of the podcast I find and download myself. I'm just living with it since now at least I know where they are!
__________________
I'm looking for readers! Please come check out my bread baking blog:
http://learningbread.blogspot.com

CherylA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylA View Post
I had exactly the same experience and at first couldn't find them, I wasn't scrolling down to the bottom. I was on a PC. My phone synced okay but it only ever gets the News/Rapidfire one on it's own, the other portions of the podcast I find and download myself. I'm just living with it since now at least I know where they are!
This can be fixed with a setting in iTunes. For some stupid reason, iTunes default setup is set so that only one "new" podcast is downloaded if more than one podcast is posted at a time. Here are PC directions:

In iTunes click on the word "podcasts" in the left hand frame. In the lower left corner of the bottom frame click on the "settings" box. That will bring up a window. One of the settings in the window asks "when new episodes are available:" and there is a drop down menu. Select "download all." I recommend also selecting "all episodes" in the "episodes to keep" section.

This will apply to all podcasts, not just the DIS unplugged. For most podcasts it won't matter as only one podcast is released each day.
__________________
Jack
jcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
CherylA
DIS Veteran
 
CherylA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: CT
Posts: 2,032

Thanks Jack, I'll try this!
__________________
I'm looking for readers! Please come check out my bread baking blog:
http://learningbread.blogspot.com

CherylA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
WebmasterPete
Grand Administrator
The Big Dipple
Easily confuses bathrooms and attics
I survived Hurricane Frances...send more ice cream!
 
WebmasterPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,072
DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP View Post
I'm having issues too. I updated to ios6
Since iOS 6 isn't released officially until the fall, you must have installed a beta version of it. There's no way for us to troubleshoot that. The most current version of (approved) iOS is 5.1.1

I also experienced some odd behavior when we first switched over to the new service. It happened on my desktop (Mac), but not on any of my laptops. I ended up just re-subscribing to the show.

Pete
__________________
WebmasterPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
bluecruiser
Mouseketeer
 
bluecruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Too far from the nearest Disney theme park
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
This can be fixed with a setting in iTunes. For some stupid reason, iTunes default setup is set so that only one "new" podcast is downloaded if more than one podcast is posted at a time. Here are PC directions:

In iTunes click on the word "podcasts" in the left hand frame. In the lower left corner of the bottom frame click on the "settings" box. That will bring up a window. One of the settings in the window asks "when new episodes are available:" and there is a drop down menu. Select "download all." I recommend also selecting "all episodes" in the "episodes to keep" section.

This will apply to all podcasts, not just the DIS unplugged. For most podcasts it won't matter as only one podcast is released each day.
Thank you so much! All of a sudden it seemed my DIS Unplugged podcasts stopped working and it must have been this setting. I bet it was an iTunes update that caused the issue, because no one else uses my laptop and I know *I* didn't change the settings.
__________________
~ Live your dreams ~
bluecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran
 
EastYorkDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East York (Toronto), Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,449

Also for iTunes for PC you can change the individual settings for podcasts by clicking on the name and then on settings you will see a box come up and there will be a little box checked use default setting if you un clikck it, it will allow you to change the settings for just the podcast that you have selected. For example the settings I have for the Dis unpluged one are different from any of the others, it's set to download all of the most recent episodes.
__________________
Heading West for DPN WestFest 2010 - TR underway F & F at the DLR! Fun and planing for DPN WestFest 2011

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #11
fall08CP
Cheesehead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Titletown USA.
Posts: 2,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPete View Post
Since iOS 6 isn't released officially until the fall, you must have installed a beta version of it. There's no way for us to troubleshoot that. The most current version of (approved) iOS is 5.1.1

I also experienced some odd behavior when we first switched over to the new service. It happened on my desktop (Mac), but not on any of my laptops. I ended up just re-subscribing to the show.

Pete
Thanks for the response-

From what I understand, the istore problems are an apple issue (moving podcasts out of iTunes and into their own app), not a Dis issue, and supposedly that will be fixed in the next update.


However, the other problems are on my pc with the previous iTunes. I installed ios6 on a Mac and get updates over the cloud, but it still synces with 5 on the pc. At least that's what my techie brother said, I could be wrong. I'll try to resubscribe and see what happens.
__________________
I'm what Willis was talking about.
fall08CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
dpic
DIS Veteran
 
dpic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,081

Yeah, the name is changed a little, so your old subscription isn't finding it. For me, it went from "The Dis--wdwinfo.com" to "The DIS Unplugged."

I do wish it weren't encoded at 192kbs, though. It used to be 64kbs, which was fine and most podcasts use that. I can understand a little upgrade in sound quality to maybe 128kbs. At 192kbs, Pete's bandwidth costs are going to limit him to maybe five European trips a year instead of six.
__________________
Dan








dpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible
 
*NikkiBell*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,974
DISboards Moderator

Is anyone else still having issues with this? I've been listening using the "Listen Now" button from the podcast page, but missing a lot of the show if I have to stop. I liked being able to pick up where I left off in iTunes.

Here is what I am getting on my screen:



I have tried unsubscribing and adjusting settings as mentioned above. What's even stranger is that if I manually search for recent episodes and download them, they appear in the download screen, but never show up here. Also, I'm subscribed to the DL Edition, but it doesn't show up. Thoughts?
__________________
Nikki
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator & Blogger

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter






2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site

Last edited by *NikkiBell*; 09-16-2012 at 07:07 AM.
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Is anyone else still having issues with this? I've been listening using the "Listen Now" button from the podcast page, but missing a lot of the show if I have to stop. I liked being able to pick up where I left off in iTunes.

Here is what I am getting on my screen:



I have tried unsubscribing and adjusting settings as mentioned above. What's even stranger is that if I manually search for recent episodes and download them, they appear in the download screen, but never show up here. Also, I'm subscribed to the DL Edition, but it doesn't show up. Thoughts?
I'm just shooting in the dark, but do the manually downloaded podcasts show up anywhere else in iTunes?
__________________
Jack
jcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,468

Also, are the files downloading at all?

They are probably being stored in your my music folder under iTunes media, podcasts, then the dis unplugged. I think that is the default location at least.
__________________
Jack
jcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.