Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #136
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

We're heading back for our third F&W in a row. And the best part is, we extended our trip from 7 days to 10 days last month. Lots and lots of F&W time for us!

I'm definitely hoping to spread my wings beyond the kiosks and concerts this year, try the food demos or maybe a tasting lunch!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #137
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

I have been trying to figure out what they could be doing at PFTS to have 3 tiers of prices, and I just can't think of what it could be! I usually just wander and stop at a stand up table here and there, so I would probably just go with whatever covers the party as I am used to attending it.

138 days and counting until I am there...
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #138
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
I have been trying to figure out what they could be doing at PFTS to have 3 tiers of prices, and I just can't think of what it could be! I usually just wander and stop at a stand up table here and there, so I would probably just go with whatever covers the party as I am used to attending it.

138 days and counting until I am there...
Maybe it's something outside of the Party. Illuminations viewing spot with desert is something that comes to my mind.

Who knows. The "tease" appears not to have been followed by any real info so ...was it even valid?
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #139
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Hello Alison! I really hope the third time is the charm for you too. I remember your trays well and they were a big hit, envied by many. Do you think we will be getting the F&W back in DCA for 2013? If so, it's time to start thinking about reserving a villa at DCA. I actually may reserve April 26-28 just in case it comes though. Long enough after Spring Break to thin the crowds a bit. In the meantime, Florida's offerings will have to tide us over. HA! And very intrigued by the 5 sample kiosks for a set price. That would be uber fun and save time in lines if the price is right. I look forward to getting more detials on that one. And the regional french lunch will be a must if it's on the right day.
I sure hope that the DCA F&W Festival comes back in 2013. That is one of the reason we have so many DVC points at the VGC and we only live 20 minutes away! Jim, the festival director for 2010 told us that it ran from the weekend after Easter for six weeks and so I'm thinking of making reservations soon, for the Thursday through Sun for what will be the first weekend and trying to make them for subsequent weekends as well. I have enough VGC points for three 2-night trips and then a lot of 7 month points to reserve there. I think it's a good idea to start making reservations in case they announce the festival. I better get on that!

I'm thinking we will send our trays via Fed Ex for the Florida Festival. The Jamborinis are having a meet during the festival including the Friday S&D Fest and I'm thinking we might want to try PFTS Saturday. With the trays we wouldn't have to pay for the wine view lounge. Those were a cool idea huh? Kudos to Fran for coming up with the plan!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #140
princessmurdough
Does that come with champagne?

Do tell...

What are these trays of which you speak? I'm thinking those palette-type, that hold a glass and food? I'm intrigued!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #141
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmurdough View Post
What are these trays of which you speak? I'm thinking those palette-type, that hold a glass and food? I'm intrigued!
No the trays we are talking about are designed for scooters. We live close to DLR and drive in for the F&W event. We designed these trays for Taste which happens the last weekend of DCA F&W. It is the equivalent of PFTS in CA and happens only one night at the end of the festival since most of the people who attend the CA event are locals. We could drive in and not have to worry about luggage onboard a plane. My partner can not walk distances and I can not stand for long periods of time so this worked for us. She could use her scooter for something like the Wine View Lounge while I could use the table. We built them from wood and edging at Home Depot and used a planter support as the mounting element. She was quite ingenious in designing them. We strap them on with multiple zip ties and they work quite well. If we can't have a dedicated space then we both use the scooters with the tray tables. They are a little difficult to navigate with, but make it possible for us to attend these sorts of "tasting events".

Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #142
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Lots of news!

Disney Food Blog posted an interview with Chef Marianne Hunnel...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...nts-and-chefs/

Can't wait!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #143
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

And that interview clears up the mystery about the three tiers:

Quote:
New this year, however, the party will have three separate ticketing tiers: regular entry, reserved seating, and Wine View Lounge. That second one is the new option, where guests will pay a slightly higher amount for reserved seats, but no access to the Wine View Lounge.
And it also states there will be no French Regional Lunches at all this year. Italy is going to be hosting lunches, though. The Healthy Living dinner will be returning, which is really no great surprise as it sold out last year.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #144
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Hmm.. I had planned on Wine View, but... may just go for reserved seating.

And I have a winner for "new addition that sounds gross"

"Nesquick Froth,” a light, airy Nesquick smoothie, at the Desserts and Champagne Booth (guests can choose from chocolate or strawberry)"

Do like the Wednesday tours with the chefs. May try to book that during my week.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #145
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
"Nesquick Froth,” a light, airy Nesquick smoothie, at the Desserts and Champagne Booth (guests can choose from chocolate or strawberry)"

I don't think it sounds so hot either, my guess is that this is one of the options that is being added primarily to appeal to children. There was some preliminary stuff going around that said they would be trying to include more "child-friendly" offerings.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #146
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I don't think it sounds so hot either, my guess is that this is one of the options that is being added primarily to appeal to children. There was some preliminary stuff going around that said they would be trying to include more "child-friendly" offerings.
One of the things I loved about F&W was that it was geared for Adults.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #147
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
And that interview clears up the mystery about the three tiers:

And it also states there will be no French Regional Lunches at all this year. Italy is going to be hosting lunches, though. The Healthy Living dinner will be returning, which is really no great surprise as it sold out last year.
Oh, no! The French Regional Lunches were my favorite event the past couple of years, sorry to see them unavailable this year.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #148
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
One of the things I loved about F&W was that it was geared for Adults.
And the truth is
No matter what they do this is not going to be a "kid friendly" event. Strange food, adult beverages etc.

Sometimes Disney just has to "fix" what isn't broken!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #149
4orm
Disney bride dreaming of buying DVC

I read it - but what about the BEER? Sure there will be a tap at the FL booth but what about events or a booth all to itself? I need specialty beer to bribe my husband with!

1981 - 1989 DL & DW many times*1997 - POFQ*2004 - GF & POR (married @ WDW)*2005 - AKL & BCV*2005 - CR, Poly & BWV (f&w)*2006 - DLH*2007 - DLRP*2007 - Dolphin*2008 Swan & WL (f&w)*2010 CR&Swan (DD 1st bday and f&w)*2011 Swan/SSR (DD 2nd bday and f&w)*2012 BLT, AKL, CSR for my pirate girl (DD 3rd bday and f&w)
4orm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #150
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
Oh, no! The French Regional Lunches were my favorite event the past couple of years, sorry to see them unavailable this year.
Marianne did say they will be back next year. They are not being offered because Bistro de Paris will be undergoing renovation.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: