Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #2881
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
Ok, I'm going to call and ask tomorrow, and find out exactly what the brand is...I suppose it is possible that they have more than one brand...We've stayed in two buildings in the last two years and I feel like they were the same...(Bldg 2 and 5)...I'll let everyone know what I find out.
I talked to guest services today and found out that not every tower has the same mattresses...the Service/Maintenance manager asked that I leave my phone number and she is going to look into what mattress tower 5 has...as that was our most recent stay...she even took down the room we were in.

So....I'll let you know what I find out.

So the previous poster said:
Simmons Beautyrest Vacation Therapy Spa Mattress-Plush (what tower was this?)
I've also heard:
Savannah Plush by Dormia
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Old 06-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #2882
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

I started my own thread asking these questions, but no one has responded yet. So I thought I'd ask here...

1. Where is the best place to book WBC through? I have gotten a quote from Vacation Strategy and Farrellvacation (off ebay). Any other suggestions?

2. This will be our second trip as a family. We stayed in a TH in WH last time. My main concern with staying in a condo type (or even a hotel) situation is noise. Can you hear people walking above you? What about doors slamming in the hallways? Children screaming up and down the halls? I know it's a family resort and nothing is going to be completely quiet, but just wondering how bad it is when you're inside the room.

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, '15 (US/IOA)

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/uwdk55avik9l4cm1.png[/img]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #2883
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
I started my own thread asking these questions, but no one has responded yet. So I thought I'd ask here...

1. Where is the best place to book WBC through? I have gotten a quote from Vacation Strategy and Farrellvacation (off ebay). Any other suggestions?

2. This will be our second trip as a family. We stayed in a TH in WH last time. My main concern with staying in a condo type (or even a hotel) situation is noise. Can you hear people walking above you? What about doors slamming in the hallways? Children screaming up and down the halls? I know it's a family resort and nothing is going to be completely quiet, but just wondering how bad it is when you're inside the room.
Vacation Upgrades is another, they list their prices on their website. I also did some comparison shopping for our current WBC ressie with the 2 you listed and found VS to be the least expensive for our dates. I am very happy with my dealings with them as well..I recommend them highly.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #2884
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:

2. to be honest... I've never had any issues with noise coming from nearby units when I've gone. (Admittedly, I'm usually not there during the summer when there may be more kids.... but partying adults can be just as loud or louder). I have heard doors in the hallway slamming shut on occasion (and that may have more to do with the pressure changes), but nothing coming from adjacent rooms.

The thing I do tend to notice when in my room the most is when the fireworks at EPCOT start going off I'll hear the BOOM's. outside of that, if i'm in a room above a pool, I can sometimes hear people (or karaoke) when i'm on the balcony or have the sliding door open.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #2885
trishwal
Convince me to take our family to Disneyland.

Checked out 6/9... great experience!

It took almost a week home to get everything back to "normal" and I'm happy to report that Bonnet Creek lived up to my very high expectations!

The resort really is totally inside Disney property; it was shocking how fast it was to get anywhere! Here's the sign when you turn onto Chelonia Parkway (taken from the bus as we were heading to Hollywood Studios):

We stayed on the 12th floor of Building 5, facing the parking lot and the bus stop of Building 6. This pic shows Building 5 and its orientation with the Building 6 bus stop:

The request that I put in, to make sure we got an updated room, was 10th floor or higher. Apparently that worked. Room was lovely, no problems except figuring out how to get hot water to come out of the shower head!

We didn't get a fireworks view as requested because we were facing more towards Downtown Disney, but it was very quiet that high up and facing away from the pools (we all thought that the lazy river at Building 5 was very nice, and sad that we spent time in the hotel pool instead of the saltwater one at Building one -had we known it was saline I'd had been in it in a heartbeat). The weather wasn't good for pool time though - SO MUCH RAIN last week, but you just get used to it and and slog on.

Just a warning: one of the bus drivers is nuts - he's very friendly but drives INSANELY fast. It was fun like a thrill ride but...not so thrilling if you know what I mean. But both times we rode the bus it was spot on time so if you can handle being on a schedule I think that it's worth the money savings plus trying to figure out where you're going - let the drivers take you and that way you can just sit back and not have to remember where you've parked!

No problem checking in - but the line gets HORRENDOUS around 4 so I do recommend checking in early and then either going to the pool or visit Downtown Disney (like we did) until they call to let you know your room is ready. Wal Mart is so VERY easy to get to from Bonnet Creek, too - we had to go twice - once for food, once to get our son's glasses repaired, which they did in a jiffy, even though it took some of our MK time

We picked up our tickets from the Disney desk in the main building - not a problem at all. We bought them on Saturday (driving from Tallahassee southwards!) because of the price increase that happened Sunday and were able to save a chunk of change. And LOVED just being able to dump our stuff at WBC and drive over for two days and an overnight at the Universal parks and resorts. That was such a good decision.

Beds were very comfy at WBC, though ours felt just a little lumpy at least it was a KING, and the 2 BR is just SO MUCH SPACE for a family of 4 to really stretch out, especially after spending a few nights in hotel rooms! Strolling around the whole resort is peaceful - be sure to make a drink to take with you or get one from one of the two lakeside bars as you meander, and if you're lucky you'll get to watch the IllumiNations fireworks pop over Building 1.

I really hope we'll get the chance to come back!
2007 - 7 day Disney World with DS-10 and DD-6
2012 - 2 Days onsite at Universal and 3 Days Disney at Bonnet Creek DS-15, DD-11
2014 - 13 of us (parents, siblings, and all our kids) 4-Day WDW staying in a 7 BR Emerald Island villa
Old 06-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #2886
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
2. to be honest... I've never had any issues with noise coming from nearby units when I've gone. (Admittedly, I'm usually not there during the summer when there may be more kids.... but partying adults can be just as loud or louder). I have heard doors in the hallway slamming shut on occasion (and that may have more to do with the pressure changes), but nothing coming from adjacent rooms.

The thing I do tend to notice when in my room the most is when the fireworks at EPCOT start going off I'll hear the BOOM's. outside of that, if i'm in a room above a pool, I can sometimes hear people (or karaoke) when i'm on the balcony or have the sliding door open.
Totally agree with DCTooTall. The only time you hear noise is when you open the sliding door or go out on the balcony. There was more hallway noise when we stayed at Saratoga Springs on property!

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #2887
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Thanks DC and kleldridge!

One more question...would a 2 bedroom be big enough for 5 (3 adults, 2 kids...1 of which may still be in a crib)? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics with sleeping. DS won't sleep if someone is in the room with him, so putting the crib in the room with us isn't going to work.

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, '15 (US/IOA)

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/uwdk55avik9l4cm1.png[/img]
Old 06-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #2888
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Quote:
Thanks DC and kleldridge!

One more question...would a 2 bedroom be big enough for 5 (3 adults, 2 kids...1 of which may still be in a crib)? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics with sleeping. DS won't sleep if someone is in the room with him, so putting the crib in the room with us isn't going to work.
There is room for a small crib in the family room/kitchen area. You may have to move some furniture around a little, though. We had 5 the last time we went. There were 2 adults in the master, 2 teenagers in the 2nd bedroom (where there are 2 beds) and the other teenager on the pull out couch in the common area. It worked for us.

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
Old 06-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #2889
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Monday I will be at my 60 day mark, I am getting excited to book
Two Questions:

1. Is there a building that has a better fireworks view?

2. Are there TV's in the bedrooms?

TIA

Any advice for booking with VS or VU?
Old 06-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #2890
pandamom
I want to go to WDW NOW!
Loves Panera Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
Monday I will be at my 60 day mark, I am getting excited to book
Two Questions:

1. Is there a building that has a better fireworks view?

2. Are there TV's in the bedrooms?

TIA

Any advice for booking with VS or VU?
We were 12th floor building 4 and had a great fireworks view. Yes, there are TV's in the bedroom.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #2891
Rosebud123
Mouseketeer

Lake view, building 2, 5th floor (right above the volleyball sand area) had a fantastic fireworks view!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #2892
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

Just returned from our second stay at WBC-7 nights in room 720 in Tower 1.

Some thoughts:

Tower 1 room not as nice as our previous room in Tower 6. It was nice, just some issues that were frustrating such as-

no luggage carts available when we needed them
no trash bags provided
mold in showers and shower heads were clogged and sprayed poorly
one shower leaked water all over floor so was basically not usable unless we wnted to spend time mopping up water after shower (no threshhold rubber to hold water in stall)
internet very unreliable. I had brought router but the wired ethernet internet access was intermittent. the free wi-fi had poor signal strength and was SLOW.
The master bed was basically on the floor-no bed frame at all.
The kitchen was lacking in essentials-only 2 pots, one baking sheet, very few big spoons, and one spatula.
Dishwasher was AWFUL. Each time you pulled the racks they came all the way off the track and it was very difficult to get back on. Had to run twice to get dishes clean.
Dryer was also barely working.

When I checked in at 11pm with 6 people waiting in the car-I told the parking desk woman that I was in a hurry. She basically held me hostage for quite a while. It was very frustrating! She asked how I purchased my Disney tickets and had never heard of the YES program and told me there was no "legitimate" way to get tickets that cheaply-inferring that I was swindled.

Bell services was wonderful. The food we ate on site was good. The pools were nice and we even went to the Pool Party Palooza and it was very fun.

We used the gas grill but it wouldn't light. Had to track down a maintenance person to fix it.

The trip was nice and WBC is a good value but I did find this year's quality lower than a year ago.

ETA: we also had quite a few bugs in room. Not just the giant palmetto bugs but also smaller roaches that led me to believe it was more than just an issue of big bugs getting in.
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
Old 06-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #2893
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Do you think checking in late at night will have any impact on the quality of room we will be assigned? We won't check in until midnight on Wed/Thurs (9/5-9/6) I'm considering staying somewhere else our first nite & then checking in early afternoon the next day. I realize the afternoon check-in could take longer but wonder if we would have better luck with room assignment than late at night ....

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #2894
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Hey me again with a couple more questions

Now I really am dreaming of a fireworks view and I love coffee in the morning by MYSELF so this is important to me. (write now outside by myself drinking coffee as I post)

It seems some of the buildings have a fireworks view but it is over a parking lot and some have a fireworks view that do not overlook a parking lot.

What buildings have a great view of the fireworks/epcot ball without the parking lot view?

I was reading a post and realized I need to be walked through a bit the checking in part...

When we pull into WBC can we park with no problem and all go in to check in?

We will be checking in at 10:30 am will we have a good chance of getting a room earlier?...I will totally wait for my request but want honest answers, so I can have realistic expecations. We are not going the busiest time but busy enought Aug 17-27, my thinking is won't be super crowded.

If I have to have my family stay in car while I check in, and I have to get a parking pass....how long does this take so I can warn my family...so the natives do not get too restless and duct tape their dad and head for the pool
Old 06-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #2895
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

There is parking while check-in, this will not be a problem. You do NOT need armed guards with the car to prevent towing LOL.

Closed Thread